Windows 10: Screen Brightness/Contrast changing

Discus and support Screen Brightness/Contrast changing in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello. I have been trying to solve this problem for days now... hope you can help ( I'm new to the subreddit btw) So one day I decided to reposition... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/TragiCCow, Apr 12, 2021.

1. Screen Brightness/Contrast changing

Hello.

I have been trying to solve this problem for days now... hope you can help ( I'm new to the subreddit btw)

So one day I decided to reposition my setup so I unplugged my monitor and when I set it up I noticed that my display has become more "pale" (I tested the monitor on another PC and it was fine). I proceeded to troubleshoot this issue with no luck (I tried to calibrate display color using Windows tool it helped a little bit but didn't seem to do the trick) but then when I was trying to adjust display settings I noticed that when I open Display settings in windows app it goes back to normal but if I click away it goes back to being "pale" and it drives me crazy Screen Brightness/Contrast changing :D

my Windows 10 (19042.867) is up to date, so are all the drivers.

I have GTX 1070 and DELL SE2417HGX.

submitted by /u/TragiCCow
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/TragiCCow, Apr 12, 2021

2. Change brightness / contrast / gamma in "Full Screen 3D"

Good day.

I can't see an option that allows to change image parameters (brightness / contrast) in "Full Screen 3D" mode.
    It's present in previous driver versions, for example in Catalyst v14.4 for Windows XP. Please see attached screenshot.

Screen Brightness/Contrast changing [​IMG]

New driver versions for Windows 7 / 8 / 10 don't have this option.

I have some questions:
    1. Is there a program that allows to change brightness / contrast level of an image in Full Screen 3D mode?
    2. Probably there are some undocumented features that may change these parameters via Windows registry editing?

Ruslan2017, Apr 12, 2021
  3. Change brightness / contrast / gamma in "Full Screen 3D"

I am interested in software control, for the Full Screen 3D mode only.
    With buttons on the display, parameters for all modes change, but I need to make changes (brightness / contrast gamma) for the 3D mode only.

Ruslan2017, Apr 12, 2021
  4. Screen Brightness/Contrast changing

Screen brightness unadjustable

Hello,

As you are facing issues with changing the brightness on your device after upgrading to Windows 10, do not worry we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • Have you tried to install all the pending updates for drivers and Windows Updates on your device?

This issue might have happened due to corrupted/ outdated drivers.

I suggest you to refer to the below Microsoft article, try the troubleshooting steps suggested to change the brightness and check if it helps.

Adjust your monitor's brightness and contrast

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of this issue and required information for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Apr 12, 2021
Thema:

Screen Brightness/Contrast changing

1. Screen Brightness/Contrast changing - Similar Threads - Screen Brightness Contrast

2. Changing contrast and brightness for a laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Changing contrast and brightness for a laptop: I have bought an acer nitro v15 for my brother and its a good device but most importantly the screen looked amazing, so we bought another one but the contrast is extremely low, and there is no way I could find for a way to change the contrast and brightness from the OS, in...
  3. Changing contrast and brightness for a laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing contrast and brightness for a laptop: I have bought an acer nitro v15 for my brother and its a good device but most importantly the screen looked amazing, so we bought another one but the contrast is extremely low, and there is no way I could find for a way to change the contrast and brightness from the OS, in...
  4. Screen contrast changes depending on brightness.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen contrast changes depending on brightness.: I am using Windows 11 Pro build 22631 on dark mode and there seem to be some kind of adaptive brightness/contrast that changes if the window I'm in is dark or bright usually more noticeable when browsing the web. I searched for a way to disable it but couldn't figure it out....
  5. Screen contrast changes depending on brightness.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen contrast changes depending on brightness.: I am using Windows 11 Pro build 22631 on dark mode and there seem to be some kind of adaptive brightness/contrast that changes if the window I'm in is dark or bright usually more noticeable when browsing the web. I searched for a way to disable it but couldn't figure it out....
  6. Contrast/brightness bug

in Windows 10 Customization
    Contrast/brightness bug: Hi recently got an Asus laptop after a while the laptop started to go high contrast and back to normal and I have already tried turning off high contrast settings, please help. PS I have tried Linux and no problem there....
  7. Xbox App changing brightness/contrast

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox App changing brightness/contrast: Whenever I click onto the xbox app on windows 10, my brightness or contrast settings are changed on my display settings and I can't get it to change back....
  8. Laptop's screen instantly changes to max brightness, contrast at login

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Laptop's screen instantly changes to max brightness, contrast at login: Build 19037 Every time I boot up my Alienware laptop and then as soon as I enter my log in PIN the screen on my laptop's screen instantly changes to maximum brightness, maximum contrast and maximum sharpness....and there is NO WAY for me to adjust those settings back down!!...
  9. Laptop's screen instantly changes to max brightness, contrast at login

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop's screen instantly changes to max brightness, contrast at login: Build 19037 Every time I boot up my Alienware laptop and then as soon as I enter my log in PIN the screen on my laptop's screen instantly changes to maximum brightness, maximum contrast and maximum sharpness....and there is NO WAY for me to adjust those settings back down!!...
  10. The display brightness and contrast change in battery mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    The display brightness and contrast change in battery mode: So I have been harassed by this problem for quite a while. When my surface pro is not plugged in, and I open some software which has night mode (or even just open a Chrome tab with a whole screen size black image), then the screen brightness is going down and the contrast is...