Windows 10: Screen brightness cycle appearing and dissapearing at different times of the day.

Discus and support Screen brightness cycle appearing and dissapearing at different times of the day. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, I find the feature of cycling through brightness by 25% increments on Windows 10 very useful. But that button periodically dissapears and is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Marko Zegarac, Sep 5, 2018.

1. Screen brightness cycle appearing and dissapearing at different times of the day.

Hello,

I find the feature of cycling through brightness by 25% increments on Windows 10 very useful. But that button periodically dissapears and is replaced with "brightness" button that does nothing when I click on it:

Screen brightness cycle appearing and dissapearing at different times of the day. 6c7b3633-d170-44fe-bb5c-1749baed9724?upload=true.png

I can't figure out what the problem is. It used to disappear in the mornings, now it disappeared in the evening, there is no obvious pattern to it. Does anyone have any ideas?

:)

Marko Zegarac, Sep 5, 2018

2. screen brightness on windows 10

Hi,

Some computers can let Windows automatically adjust screen brightness based on the current lighting conditions.

To manually adjust the screen brightness, we suggest following these troubleshooting steps:

• Click Start, then select Settings.
    • Choose System, then select Display.
    • Under Brightness and color, move the Change brightness slider to adjust the brightness.

Feel free to post back if you have other concern.

Gerard Qui, Sep 5, 2018
  3. jareff Win User
    Weird issue with screen brightness, no longer changeable

Hello,

Having a weird issue with screen brightness... please help!

It started about 3 weeks ago. I booted into windows and the screen was very dark. I opened the action center and it said brightness was set at 75% - as usual. Clicking on it changed the number, (i.e. it cycles through the brightness settings of 0%/25%/50%/75%100%) however the actual screen brightness did not change.

I've checked everything I could think of, especially in the power management options. Adaptive brightness is off.

So I uninstalled the display adapter driver and restarted - windows automatically reinstalled the driver and everything was fine. A few days later, (including several full shutdowns) it happened again.

In the last 3 weeks it's happened about 6 times. Each time, I reinstall the display driver and it works fine a few more days.

Interestingly, of the 6 times it happened, 1 was a bit different. Instead of the screen being very dark, it was very bright, as if i'd set the brightness to 100%. Otherwise it was the same - i.e. I couldn't change the screen brightness (although again, I could cycle through 0%/25%/50%/75%100% in the action centre).

I was hoping that a windows update would fix this issue, but I received an update a few days ago and the problems persists.

Any help/ideas would be very much appreciated.

jareff, Sep 5, 2018
  4. Chicofino Win User

Screen brightness cycle appearing and dissapearing at different times of the day.

Screen Brightness

My laptop screen brightness is always at Max even when I reduce it. And there is also no sleep option. I make use of windows 10. Please any suggestion

Chicofino, Sep 5, 2018
Thema:

Screen brightness cycle appearing and dissapearing at different times of the day.

1. Screen brightness cycle appearing and dissapearing at different times of the day. - Similar Threads - Screen brightness cycle

2. BSOD that keeps appearing multuple times a day

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD that keeps appearing multuple times a day: Half a year ago i purchased Ryzen 5 3600 on ASUS Prime A520m-k motherboard with 2x16 GB ddr4 and Radeon 550/550 graphics. After updating system periodically and drivers it started BSODing randomly, RAM passed the test, PSU is ok, motherboard is ok, graphics also .Fresh...
  3. BSOD that keeps appearing multuple times a day

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD that keeps appearing multuple times a day: Half a year ago i purchased Ryzen 5 3600 on ASUS Prime A520m-k motherboard with 2x16 GB ddr4 and Radeon 550/550 graphics. After updating system periodically and drivers it started BSODing randomly, RAM passed the test, PSU is ok, motherboard is ok, graphics also .Fresh...
  4. BSOD that keeps appearing multuple times a day

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Different blue screens start to appear

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Different blue screens start to appear: I recently started to receiving a lot blue screen errors. Sometime my notebook is ok, and performing well, but this is kind of strange.I already scanned everything, updated all drivers, revert some of the them - did not work.chkdk /RestoreHealth etc. Also, this is strange but...
  6. Different blue screens start to appear

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Different blue screens start to appear: I recently started to receiving a lot blue screen errors. Sometime my notebook is ok, and performing well, but this is kind of strange.I already scanned everything, updated all drivers, revert some of the them - did not work.chkdk /RestoreHealth etc. Also, this is strange but...
  7. Different blue screens start to appear

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Is there a way for slideshow backgrounds to show at different times of day?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way for slideshow backgrounds to show at different times of day?: So i have a slideshow with 48 images for chaning every 30 minutes for a total of 24 hours or a day, and i noticed it just starts on the first image when you turn on your PC. So i was wondering if there was a way to time them to specific times of the day? submitted by...
  9. How to make a difference between the screen brightness?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to make a difference between the screen brightness?: It used to be possible to have a different screen brightness on my notebook while it was charging and while it was not charging. Unfortunately, I cannot find this setting anymore. Does anybody have an idea, where I can find this setting?...
  10. Different kinds of BSODs, multiple times a day

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Different kinds of BSODs, multiple times a day: Hello! I'm relatively new here. Just wanted your help because of the numerous BSODs per day that I'm having. Here are my problems: 1. BSOD whenever I unplug or plug my charger 2. BSOD whenever I use Photoshop 3. BSOD (sometimes) when I connect to the internet I...