Windows 10: Screen brightness different on left and right sides of display

Discus and support Screen brightness different on left and right sides of display in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I just updated my display driver to the latest from Nvidia. Now the left half of the display is darker than the right half. I tried uninstalling the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MrQueely, Aug 16, 2015.

1. MrQueely Win User

Screen brightness different on left and right sides of display

I just updated my display driver to the latest from Nvidia. Now the left half of the display is darker than the right half.
    I tried uninstalling the driver and reinstalling, but the problem remains.

The driver is Nvidia 355.60 WHQL , and yes my display card in on the list of supported cards. This is the driver for Windows 10 64 bit and my Nvidia GTS 450.

I have never seen this issue before and I don't know if it is Windows 10 or the Nvidia driver causing the problem.

Please help a tired old man!

:)

MrQueely, Aug 16, 2015
  2. manobille Win User

N97 Screen shade

i bought N97 few weeks back and all things are working good but i have a little question concerning screen lighting and contrast.

if i place the display right in front of me then it shows good lighting and contrast all over the display. but if i look at the screen from side then i saw a shaddy area on left side of the screen(shape like a baloon) the rest of screen shows same brightness
    level but this area shows different brightness level. If i turnoff the screen and inclined it then i again see this area as a bit shaddy. Could anybody of you has the same experiences and know the reason for contrast varitions when i look at the phone display
    from aside.

thanks in advance

manobille, Aug 16, 2015
  3. Screen dimming on windows 10

So, when I right clicked on my battery icon in the lower right hand side, and chose power options, then clicked on change power settings on my chosen plan and clicked in the middle left of the pop up box "change advanced settings",
    I clicked on display and then toggled of adaptive brightness and just to make sure, I increased dimmed display brightness on and off battery to 100% so that no matter what I have full screen brightness. That way I have manual control only of the brightness
    of my screen. No more dimming every 5 seconds!!! : )

JimmyJoeBillyBob, Aug 16, 2015
  4. MrQueely Win User

Somehow doing this caused my display to be set to demo mode which indeed does split the screen.

Sorry for posting prematurely.

MrQueely, Aug 16, 2015
Thema:

1. Screen brightness different on left and right sides of display - Similar Threads - Screen brightness different

2. How to change Taskbar setting refer screen shot right side weather display left side a...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change Taskbar setting refer screen shot right side weather display left side a...: Since last few days I have noticed whenever I move cursor near search typing field a window display some ads while on the right side there is a weather and news display if cursor is moved in that area. I wonder what Microsoft is thinking? Anyway please refer screen shot and...
  3. How to change Taskbar setting refer screen shot right side weather display left side a...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to change Taskbar setting refer screen shot right side weather display left side a...: Since last few days I have noticed whenever I move cursor near search typing field a window display some ads while on the right side there is a weather and news display if cursor is moved in that area. I wonder what Microsoft is thinking? Anyway please refer screen shot and...
  4. How to change Taskbar setting refer screen shot right side weather display left side a...

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. left and right audio on wrong side

in Windows 10 Gaming
    left and right audio on wrong side: My audio channels are coming out of the wrong side, right is left and left is right... please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/left-and-right-audio-on-wrong-side/8a2867e2-3de4-4d30-aa1b-f0b257da08cd
  6. left and right audio on wrong side

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    left and right audio on wrong side: My audio channels are coming out of the wrong side, right is left and left is right... please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/left-and-right-audio-on-wrong-side/8a2867e2-3de4-4d30-aa1b-f0b257da08cd
  7. left and right audio on wrong side

8. Display shifted to right and right part is on left side. "X" is not on left

Display shifted to right and right part is on left side. "X" is not on left: Display of windows all of a sudden shift to right and right side part screen is visible on the left side. Things get normal after a restart. I am using recommended display setting . Two photos on different dates. [ATTACH] [IMG] please help with the solution!...
  9. At display's right and left sides are black borders and usable screen has got smaller

At display's right and left sides are black borders and usable screen has got smaller: My computer's display just shrunk! At right and left sides are black borders and screen has got smaller! How can i fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/at-displays-right-and-left-sides-are-black-borders/89ba62e0-42f7-424e-a1e2-08229f5a98ca
  10. Display shifted to the right so right part of display is on the left of the screen,...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Display shifted to the right so right part of display is on the left of the screen,...: Hello everyone, I know my subject is listing many separate issues but I think they might be connected because they all started one after the other, so listing everything that's been going on might give people a clue as to what's wrong. Last night I turned on my laptop and...