Windows 10: Screen Brightness Doesn't Change When the Slider is Adjusted.

Discus and support Screen Brightness Doesn't Change When the Slider is Adjusted. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My computer Inspirion 5490 AIO will not change brightness when I try to use the brightness slider. I have had this computer for a year, and right after... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Sophie.Hu, Dec 31, 2021.

1. Sophie.Hu Win User

Screen Brightness Doesn't Change When the Slider is Adjusted.

My computer Inspirion 5490 AIO will not change brightness when I try to use the brightness slider. I have had this computer for a year, and right after I updated from Windows 10 to Windows 11 a few weeks ago, it has been stuck on the max brightness and I cannot fix it. Whenever I try to update my drivers, it says that I already have the best drivers. Any advice would be helpful!

:)

Sophie.Hu, Dec 31, 2021
  2. rlee123 Win User

Missing Adjust Screen Brightness slider in Power Options

My HP laptop performed a Windows Update today. As a result, I've lost my "Adjust Screen Brightness" slider in Power Options. I can still find it in Settings - Display.

I have Win 10. I've found a YouTube video (specifically for Win 7) that suggests going to Device Manager - Monitors - Properties - Uninstall Device, but I've also read that doing so will merely result in the same driver being reinstalled.

What should I do to get the "Adjust Screen Brightness" slider back in Power Options?

Thanks so much for your help.

rlee123, Dec 31, 2021
  3. screen brightness on windows 10

Hi,

Some computers can let Windows automatically adjust screen brightness based on the current lighting conditions.

To manually adjust the screen brightness, we suggest following these troubleshooting steps:

• Click Start, then select Settings.
    • Choose System, then select Display.
    • Under Brightness and color, move the Change brightness slider to adjust the brightness.

Feel free to post back if you have other concern.

Gerard Qui, Dec 31, 2021
  4. rlee123 Win User

Missing Adjust Screen Brightness slider in Power Options

Yes, to clarify, I've lost my "Adjust Screen Brightness" slider in Power Options. I can still find it in Settings - Display. In addition, I can adjust brightness with the Function keys.

Thanks. I guess I will have to use Settings or the Function keys to adjust brightness from now on.

rlee123, Dec 31, 2021
Thema:

1. Screen Brightness Doesn't Change When the Slider is Adjusted. - Similar Threads - Screen Brightness Doesn't

2. Screen Brightness Doesn't Change When the Slider is Adjusted.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen Brightness Doesn't Change When the Slider is Adjusted.: My computer Inspirion 5490 AIO will not change brightness when I try to use the brightness slider. I have had this computer for a year, and right after I updated from Windows 10 to Windows 11 a few weeks ago, it has been stuck on the max brightness and I cannot fix it....
  3. No brightness adjust slider on laptop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No brightness adjust slider on laptop: So it's a weird one. Ideally I'd like to fix this. Things to know: The laptop had a screen replacement. It's a Lenovo ThinkPad T450 Windows 10 Version 2004 Bought off eBay I bought it as a laptop for university and discovered that the brightness was stuck at 100%. When i...
  4. Brightness scroll bar doesn't adjust the brightness of the screen.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Brightness scroll bar doesn't adjust the brightness of the screen.: The software is windows 10. After the update, the brightness of my pc screen cannot be adjusted by the brightness scroll bar. I have tried other methods such as adjustment through the power setting>advanced>display, however the brightness option is not there. Restarting...
  5. No brightness adjustment slider

No brightness adjustment slider: I recently bought a new computer with a fresh update of Windows 10, and everything was working well until I went to adjust my brightness. I am running a 3GB Geforce 1060 and all my drivers are up to date. I've tried pretty much every fix I've come across, but so far nothing...
  6. Brightness slider doesn't change brightness

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Brightness slider doesn't change brightness: Hello after the recent windows update, my brightness slider is not working anymore. Changing the brightness level in the slider doesn't have any effect on the brightness. I tried restoring my plan settings from mobility center and that increased the brightness levelI dont...
  7. Screen brightness doesn't adjust

Screen brightness doesn't adjust: I can't adjust screen brightness using settings or function keys on my Lenovo 80S laptop running Windows 10 - any suggestions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-brightness-doesnt-adjust/725af7ec-4695-4c3e-b288-2011bdaf139d
  8. Screen brightness doesn't change when I adjust it.

Screen brightness doesn't change when I adjust it.: Hello, My screen brightness stays the same even though I adjust it. I have tried updating my display adapter, but when I did that another problem occured: whenever I played a YouTube video or MP4-file, my laptop crashed. Specs: CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 Motherboard: HP 83C6...
  9. Missing Adjust Screen Brightness slider in Power Options

Missing Adjust Screen Brightness slider in Power Options: My HP laptop performed a Windows Update today. As a result, I've lost my "Adjust Screen Brightness" slider in Power Options. I can still find it in Settings - Display. I have Win 10. I've found a YouTube video (specifically for Win 7) that suggests going to Device Manager -...
  10. No option or slider to adjust Brightness ?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    No option or slider to adjust Brightness ?: Intel Compute Stick. Windows 10 Home. 1709 Build 16299.248. The usual brightness slider is nowhere to be found. Not in Power Options nor Settings > System > Display. It is too bright. Hurting my eyes. 104505