Windows 10: Screen brightness doesn't change

Discus and support Screen brightness doesn't change in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I'm currently running Windows 10 Insider Preview (Windows 10 Pro, 17738, r5_release) and I can't get my screen brightness to change. This is a laptop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Tyluur, Sep 14, 2018.

1. Tyluur Win User

Screen brightness doesn't change

I'm currently running Windows 10 Insider Preview (Windows 10 Pro, 17738, r5_release) and I can't get my screen brightness to change. This is a laptop computer I'm using (Dell XPS 13 L322X).

My display adapter is using Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000 drivers and I've updated them to the latest version. I checked my battery power saving for "adaptive brightness" as recommended by people but nothing has changed.

Screen brightness doesn't  change b1fc7c6e-1a32-4af7-b233-5be3eeca2add?upload=true.png

:)

Tyluur, Sep 14, 2018

2. screen brightness on windows 10

Hi,

Some computers can let Windows automatically adjust screen brightness based on the current lighting conditions.

To manually adjust the screen brightness, we suggest following these troubleshooting steps:

• Click Start, then select Settings.
    • Choose System, then select Display.
    • Under Brightness and color, move the Change brightness slider to adjust the brightness.

Feel free to post back if you have other concern.

Gerard Qui, Sep 14, 2018
  3. ICG01 Win User
    Change screen brightness

My laptop screen is dull. Need to make it brighter. However the suggestion --> Start - Settings - System - Brightness and color

does not work. It is already set to max. brightness but there is no reaction. Screen remains dull. By the way there is no change if I move slide to minimum brightness, it would not change brightness level at all. Any suggestion?

ICG01, Sep 14, 2018
  4. Screen brightness doesn't change

Screen brightness unadjustable

Ever since my laptop was automatically updated to windows 10, which was like a week ago, i just noticed now that i cant adjust the brightness of my screen. It´s set up now as a 100% in terms of brightness and i can´t change it for some reason. Even changing
    it to 0% doesn´t dim it even a little. Help please

RaphaelLiwag, Sep 14, 2018
Thema:

Screen brightness doesn't change

1. Screen brightness doesn't change - Similar Threads - Screen brightness doesn't

2. Brightness doesn't change

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Brightness doesn't change: Hi, My device shows a code 43 error for graphics and therefore the brightness doesn't work. How can I solve this? I have tried to update the device and restarted it. But nothing changed....
  3. Brightness doesn't change

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Brightness doesn't change: Hi, My device shows a code 43 error for graphics and therefore the brightness doesn't work. How can I solve this? I have tried to update the device and restarted it. But nothing changed....
  4. Brightness doesn't change

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Brightness doesn't change: Whenever I change the brightness on my computer it doesn't take effect until I have restarted it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/brightness-doesnt-change/7398a33e-e09f-48af-99e4-f012de56adaa
  5. Brightness doesn't change

Brightness doesn't change: Whenever I change the brightness on my computer it doesn't take effect until I have restarted it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/brightness-doesnt-change/7398a33e-e09f-48af-99e4-f012de56adaa
  6. Screen Brightness Doesn't Change When the Slider is Adjusted.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen Brightness Doesn't Change When the Slider is Adjusted.: My computer Inspirion 5490 AIO will not change brightness when I try to use the brightness slider. I have had this computer for a year, and right after I updated from Windows 10 to Windows 11 a few weeks ago, it has been stuck on the max brightness and I cannot fix it....
  7. Screen Brightness Doesn't Change When the Slider is Adjusted.

Screen Brightness Doesn't Change When the Slider is Adjusted.: My computer Inspirion 5490 AIO will not change brightness when I try to use the brightness slider. I have had this computer for a year, and right after I updated from Windows 10 to Windows 11 a few weeks ago, it has been stuck on the max brightness and I cannot fix it....
  8. Brightness slider doesn't change brightness

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Brightness slider doesn't change brightness: Hello after the recent windows update, my brightness slider is not working anymore. Changing the brightness level in the slider doesn't have any effect on the brightness. I tried restoring my plan settings from mobility center and that increased the brightness levelI dont...
  9. Screen brightness doesn't adjust

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screen brightness doesn't adjust: I can't adjust screen brightness using settings or function keys on my Lenovo 80S laptop running Windows 10 - any suggestions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-brightness-doesnt-adjust/725af7ec-4695-4c3e-b288-2011bdaf139d
  10. Screen brightness doesn't change when I adjust it.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Screen brightness doesn't change when I adjust it.: Hello, My screen brightness stays the same even though I adjust it. I have tried updating my display adapter, but when I did that another problem occured: whenever I played a YouTube video or MP4-file, my laptop crashed. Specs: CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 Motherboard: HP 83C6...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. brightness level doesnt change

2. cant change screen brightness

3. windows 10 screen brightness wont change

4. display brightness adjust,
  5. screen brightness doesnt change,
  6. wondows phone screen brightness doesnt change