Windows 10: Screen Brightness goes down when I plug in charger

Discus and support Screen Brightness goes down when I plug in charger in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; The other day I was playing a game, and when I would want more frames I would plug in the charger but then the screen brightness went down randomly... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MuteFuZe Juan, Jan 26, 2020.

1. Screen Brightness goes down when I plug in charger

The other day I was playing a game, and when I would want more frames I would plug in the charger but then the screen brightness went down randomly even though the setting was all the way up. I tried to turn it down and it got a little bit brighter. Please help

:)

MuteFuZe Juan, Jan 26, 2020

2. Screen Goes Blank When charger is plugged in

Hi Isha

Yesterday, as I said, Method 2 seemed to work..but today I still have the same problem. as soon as i plug in my charger, the screen goes blank.

Kevin

KevinAnderson1959, Jan 26, 2020
  3. ozan0053 Win User
    Laptop goes to sleep mode after plugging in charger

Hello.

I have a ASUS X550C laptop. The original charger broke, so i bought a charger for it at my local market (the brand is "Innergie"), which also works for ASUS laptops. Now since i got this charger, i was experiencing issues where my laptop would randomly go to sleep mode, however, i resolved this issue by turning computer on, removing the charger, and plugging it back in. That seemed to fix it. However, recently, this method stopped working. My computer runs completely fine when it is unplugged, however, when i plug it in, i get a "Low battery" warning (even though i HAD 72% battery), and the laptop immediately goes to sleep mode. Trying to turn it on is useless. It will only turn on if the charger isn't plugged.

Any advice?

PS: I have already changed all my power & sleep options. Everything is set to "Never".

ozan0053, Jan 26, 2020
  4. Geethu B Win User

Screen Brightness goes down when I plug in charger

Laptop Screen goes dark when I Plug in or plug out.

Hi Haifz,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I understand that your laptop screen goes black while plugging the charger.
    I will surely help you to fix this issue.

To understand the issue better, let me know what is the model number of the laptop?

This issue could have occurred due to these reasons:

• Outdated or corrupt driver.
    • Missing Windows Updates.

Try the steps listed here:

Method 1:

I suggest you to install all the available Windows Updates and check if it helps.

Method 2:

If the issue persists, I suggest you to download and install all the latest device drivers including graphics and chipset driver from the computer manufacturer website.

http://support.asus.com/download/Options.aspx?SLanguage=en&type=1

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Jan 26, 2020
Thema:

Screen Brightness goes down when I plug in charger

1. Screen Brightness goes down when I plug in charger - Similar Threads - Screen Brightness goes

2. Screen goes black when charger plugged or unplugged in Windows 11

in Windows 10 News
    Screen goes black when charger plugged or unplugged in Windows 11: [ATTACH]If your laptop screen goes black when the charger is plugged or unplugged into your Windows 11 device, this post may help. This sudden blackout occurs when the power source is changed. Fortunately, you can follow some simple suggestions to fix the error. Why does my...
  3. My pc screen goes black when i plug in my charger

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My pc screen goes black when i plug in my charger: It comes back normal when adapter is removed https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-pc-screen-goes-black-when-i-plug-in-my-charger/e4c47cf7-27c7-4536-a9dc-0dd50a3e3653
  4. My pc screen goes black when i plug in my charger

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My pc screen goes black when i plug in my charger: It comes back normal when adapter is removed https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-pc-screen-goes-black-when-i-plug-in-my-charger/e4c47cf7-27c7-4536-a9dc-0dd50a3e3653
  5. My pc screen goes black when i plug in my charger

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. touchpad dances and goes erratic when i plug in the charger

touchpad dances and goes erratic when i plug in the charger: After getting a new asus charger, for some reason everytime i plug it in my touchpad dances and goes erratic, i am using one finger to move it and its going everywhere on the screen. this problem is really annoying because i have to use a mouse everytime i wanna charge my...
  7. touchpad dances and goes erratic when i plug in the charger

in Windows 10 Gaming
    touchpad dances and goes erratic when i plug in the charger: After getting a new asus charger, for some reason everytime i plug it in my touchpad dances and goes erratic, i am using one finger to move it and its going everywhere on the screen. this problem is really annoying because i have to use a mouse everytime i wanna charge my...
  8. touchpad dances and goes erratic when i plug in the charger

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. screen goes black when charger plugged in

screen goes black when charger plugged in: Hi need help my acer laptop screen goes black when I plug the charger in to charge it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-goes-black-when-charger-plugged-in/686ee661-5aa5-439a-a2cb-a17499af24e0
  10. When i plug in my charger, my screen goes black

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    When i plug in my charger, my screen goes black: Hello! I was wondering-If any of you can help-why my screen goes black when I plug in my charger. When I plug it in, it goes black and I can't see what I had open, it's like it turned off, but when I unplug it, the tabs I had open show back up, so I was wondering if any of...