Windows 10: Screen brightness is on all my laptops but missing on all my desktops

Discus and support Screen brightness is on all my laptops but missing on all my desktops in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Like the title reads. The screen brightness slider under Home/System/Display is missing on all my desktops, yet is there on all my laptops. Is there a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by boidsonly, Mar 4, 2019.

1. boidsonly Win User

Screen brightness is on all my laptops but missing on all my desktops

Like the title reads. The screen brightness slider under Home/System/Display is missing on all my desktops, yet is there on all my laptops. Is there a slider for the desktop and, if so, where is it?

Thanks,
    Jeff

:)

boidsonly, Mar 4, 2019

2. screen brightness on windows 10

Hi,

Some computers can let Windows automatically adjust screen brightness based on the current lighting conditions.

To manually adjust the screen brightness, we suggest following these troubleshooting steps:

• Click Start, then select Settings.
    • Choose System, then select Display.
    • Under Brightness and color, move the Change brightness slider to adjust the brightness.

Feel free to post back if you have other concern.

Gerard Qui, Mar 4, 2019
  3. Unable to Change Screen Brightness of Laptop

So I'm not sure how long this has been happening but for some reason, I can't change the brightness on my laptop screen. I have linked a picture and as you can see, my brightness says 0% and that I can't change it, however my actual brightness is at 100%. I have looked around everywhere and the only responses I have found don't work for me. Here's a list of everything I have tried:
    - Reinstalling Display Drivers
    - Rolling Back Display Drivers
    - Reset Settings on UWT4
    - Power and Battery Settings
    (UWT4 or Ultimate Windows Tweaker 4 is a customizer for Windows 10 and I thought that might be the problem but it wasn't)

If anyone has any suggestions on how to fix this, it's greatly appreciated! Thanks! -

FrostyTigerXP, Mar 4, 2019
  4. Screen brightness is on all my laptops but missing on all my desktops

Laptop with broken screen How much?

I would like suggestions and look in local stores. I dont wanna buy a laptop from someone online. Sorry. But could be a good idea if you asked him about the performance on older games. Gonna make a list ofall laptops people suggest me.

Remove the screen for space purpose here its small desk and if the screen is opened it will hide my 22 inches lcd

Eric_On_Web, Mar 4, 2019
Thema:

Screen brightness is on all my laptops but missing on all my desktops

1. Screen brightness is on all my laptops but missing on all my desktops - Similar Threads - Screen brightness laptops

2. All of a sudden, my laptop screen's brightness dimmed itself even though it is saying it is...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    All of a sudden, my laptop screen's brightness dimmed itself even though it is saying it is...: Very occasionally the brightness will suddenly go back to normal and become full brightness again. It happened very suddenly, but before that I restarted my laptop, and my Microsoft Edge was updated and had the 'Discover' button option. Not sure if it has anything to do with...
  3. All of a sudden, my laptop screen's brightness dimmed itself even though it is saying it is...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All of a sudden, my laptop screen's brightness dimmed itself even though it is saying it is...: Very occasionally the brightness will suddenly go back to normal and become full brightness again. It happened very suddenly, but before that I restarted my laptop, and my Microsoft Edge was updated and had the 'Discover' button option. Not sure if it has anything to do with...
  4. All of a sudden, my laptop screen's brightness dimmed itself even though it is saying it is...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. All my apps are missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All my apps are missing: First there were a white line under all windows apps. I restored factory settings and now all apps are missing. All apps weights are 0.00 mbWhat can I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/all-my-apps-are-missing/eae3ad99-0f81-478e-aaaf-a9a92e5461ac
  6. All my apps are missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    All my apps are missing: First there were a white line under all windows apps. I restored factory settings and now all apps are missing. All apps weights are 0.00 mbWhat can I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/all-my-apps-are-missing/eae3ad99-0f81-478e-aaaf-a9a92e5461ac
  7. All my apps are missing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. All my files are missing.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    All my files are missing.: One day after sleep, I came onto my laptop, and all my files were gone. I don't know what happened. Can anyone help? I cant find the right solution. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/all-my-files-are-missing/65a00966-7635-45f4-a31f-1a3fc840fa52
  9. all of my files are missing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    all of my files are missing: a few days ago, i turned on my laptop to find that all of my files are missing. turns out i was logged in into a temporary account. the 1st and 2nd time i restart my laptop, the files are still there but it kept reset settings after reboot. after the third restart, all of my...
  10. All my Files are Missing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    All my Files are Missing: Today 17/04/2020 all my word and excel files are missing on my laptop. Can you help? They have just disappeared! How can I retrieve them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/all-my-files-are-missing/7c394db9-a37a-41b3-8aaf-fba7774d77b9