Windows 10: Screen brightness issues on surface pro 7

Discus and support Screen brightness issues on surface pro 7 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, I purchased a surface pro 7 in December and I love it so far. Just recently I have been experiencing issues with the brightness. When I open my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Jack W_33, Feb 6, 2020.

1. Jack W_33 Win User

Screen brightness issues on surface pro 7

Hello, I purchased a surface pro 7 in December and I love it so far. Just recently I have been experiencing issues with the brightness. When I open my action center and decrease my brightness on the slider whatever I change the brightness level to the second I put any input back into the computer it immediately reverts back to 100%. 2 When just using the computer it will dim after a very short period of time. I've exhaustively searched these forums, attempted to update my intel iris graphics driver to no avail, I encountered an error when installing the update. I've tried different options in display settings and advanced power/battery settings. Nothing is working and this is extremely annoying and dissatisfying.

:)

Jack W_33, Feb 6, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

Updates for Surface Book and Surface Pro 4 - April 5th 2017

Source: Updates for Surface Book and Surface Pro 4 (05 April 2017) Surface

See also:

Brink, Feb 6, 2020
  3. Surface Pro 4 Docking issues

1. Both, I would expect.

2. Under display settings

3. Sorry for not being clear. It is the attached monitor, not the Surface Pro that causes me grief. The Surface Pro 4 works great by itself, when it is not attached to the dock.

4. Since updates are automatic, I expect the answer is yes.

The Surface Pro 3 has no issues but only the Surface Pro 4. Again, it only happened about the middle of February. There was also an issue with Outlook 2016 receiving multiple copies of email which arose at the same time but I have posted about that issue
    elsewhere. I am just not a big believer in coincidences. This leads me to deduce a problem arising after an update.

Again, the Surface Pro 3 has NONE of these issues.

JackRodenburg, Feb 6, 2020
  4. Pavan_N Win User

Surface Pro 4 Docking issues

Hi Jack,

Thank you for posting In Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and frustration you have been through. I will be glad to assist you.

I appreciate the troubleshooting steps you have performed to try to resolve the issue.

Please answer these questions to assist you better.

1. Are you referring to Windows update or surface update?

2. How exactly are you changing Screen size?

3. Does this issue occur in the extended monitor also?

4. Have you installed all pending Windows and surface updates?

I suggest you to refer the link below and perform the troubleshooting steps suggested.

Troubleshoot Surface screen brightness and display.

Official Home of Microsoft Surface Computers, Laptops, PCs, 2-in-1’s & Devices – Microsoft Surface

Also refer Install Surface and Windows updates

Hope it helps. Do let us know if your issue is resolved. For any further query, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Pavan_N, Feb 6, 2020
Thema:

1. Screen brightness issues on surface pro 7 - Similar Threads - Screen brightness issues

2. Surface Pro 7 Reset issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surface Pro 7 Reset issue: I bought a Surface Pro 7 on eBay. I go to set it up. I do the time zone and enter in my network password. it does its' thing...It reboots and continues, then a "Welcome to CTI Biopharma Corp!" screen appears asking for my CTI email....So now I want to factory reset so there's...
  3. Surface Pro 7 Reset issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Surface Pro 7 Reset issue: I bought a Surface Pro 7 on eBay. I go to set it up. I do the time zone and enter in my network password. it does its' thing...It reboots and continues, then a "Welcome to CTI Biopharma Corp!" screen appears asking for my CTI email....So now I want to factory reset so there's...
  4. Surface Pro 7 Reset issue

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Microsoft Surface Pro 7 issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Surface Pro 7 issues: Hi all,I have had issue after issue with the microsoft surface pro 7 since my purchase. Blue screen errors, constant crashes, track-pad not tracking correctly, and most frustrating... windows won't update to 21h2. I have tried the troubleshooter, tried updating drivers...
  6. Microsoft Surface Pro 7 issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Surface Pro 7 issues: Hi all,I have had issue after issue with the microsoft surface pro 7 since my purchase. Blue screen errors, constant crashes, track-pad not tracking correctly, and most frustrating... windows won't update to 21h2. I have tried the troubleshooter, tried updating drivers...
  7. surface pro 7 stuck at highest brightness

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    surface pro 7 stuck at highest brightness: Hello:It seems like my surface pro 7 LCD would stuck at highest brightness after sleep. The issue is the LCD is at the highest brightness but the software control is not, it is at the lowest. When I slide the software control brightness to turn up, the screen will brighten...
  8. Adaptive Brightness on surface pro 7- windows 10 home

in Windows 10 Customization
    Adaptive Brightness on surface pro 7- windows 10 home: Hello community, I have an issue on my surface pro 7 with the adaptive brightness is always unstable changes by itself even I disable all of related features on windows 10 but still not no any changes with this issue though. So do you guys have any solutions to handle this...
  9. surface pro 7 hotspot issues

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    surface pro 7 hotspot issues: So this is my problem, I am trying to use my surface pro 7 as a "wifi repeater" with the built in hotspot option, but the devices connected to the hotspot are not getting an internet connection specifically the Iphone SE 2020 , how can I fix this ? Additional info; other...
  10. Surface Pro 6 Brightness

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Surface Pro 6 Brightness: I am unable to change my brightness! At 0 or 100 the brightness is the same, I have tried Powershell admin scan, updating drivers, going into power setting and into the display adaptors but nothing works. My computer is also up to date so there are no new updates, any help...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. surface pro 7 brightness not changing

2. surface pro 7 display problem

3. problems adjusting diplay brightness surface pro 7

4. microsoft surface pro 7 screen brightness not changing,
  5. surface pro 7 brightness display wont stay,
  6. surface pro 7 display brightness,
  7. surface pro 7 brightness issues,
  8. brightness icon not working on microsoft pro 7,
  9. cannot adjust brightness windows 10 surface pro 7,
  10. cannot dim screen windows 10 1909 surface pro 3,
  11. Surface pro 7 display brightness problems