Windows 10: Screen brightness not working as intended

Discus and support Screen brightness not working as intended in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I am using a 13" Surface Book with the Performance Base. Any input to the mouse or keyboard turns the screen to the maximum brightness. Also, after 30... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by BONE704, Apr 30, 2019.

1. BONE704 Win User

Screen brightness not working as intended

I am using a 13" Surface Book with the Performance Base. Any input to the mouse or keyboard turns the screen to the maximum brightness. Also, after 30 seconds or so, the screen dims even when playing media on full screen.

Checking or unchecking the automatic brightness does not affect this issue at all. Manually adjusting the slider in the Display Settings will dim the screen until the next keyboard or mouse input. Using the keyboard shortcut has the same effect.

I have uninstalled and re downloaded both display drivers and am currently running the latest windows update.

This issue make the computer an eye strain in everything but the brightest rooms.

:)

BONE704, Apr 30, 2019

2. screen brightness on windows 10

Hi,

Some computers can let Windows automatically adjust screen brightness based on the current lighting conditions.

To manually adjust the screen brightness, we suggest following these troubleshooting steps:

• Click Start, then select Settings.
    • Choose System, then select Display.
    • Under Brightness and color, move the Change brightness slider to adjust the brightness.

Feel free to post back if you have other concern.

Gerard Qui, Apr 30, 2019
  3. sammy Win User
    Brightness not working on Windows10.

Hi ,

On my Dell 5559 Windows 10 , brightness not working.

Have tried few steps from youtube videos but did not work.

Please guide.

Thanks.

sammy, Apr 30, 2019
  4. John Sarc Win User

Brightness Control not working in Windows 10

Hi Ella,

To adjust the brightness, see the steps below:

• Go back to Power Options, and tick on the High performance.
    • See if you can adjust the brightness.

If this not work, we highly suggest that you create an Administrator account, and re-do the steps above.

Let us know how it goes.

John Sarc, Apr 30, 2019
Thema:

1. Screen brightness not working as intended - Similar Threads - Screen brightness working

2. Third Monitor is a touch screen - not working as intended

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Third Monitor is a touch screen - not working as intended: I currently have a desktop PC with 3 monitors. 1st monitor is a 34" Dell, non-touch, ultra wide 2k screen. 2nd monitor is a 28" Samsung, non-touch, 4k screen and the 3rd monitor is a 22" ViewSonic, touch screen with 1k resolution. I use the 1st monitor as the main one, for...
  3. Third Monitor is a touch screen - not working as intended

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Third Monitor is a touch screen - not working as intended: I currently have a desktop PC with 3 monitors. 1st monitor is a 34" Dell, non-touch, ultra wide 2k screen. 2nd monitor is a 28" Samsung, non-touch, 4k screen and the 3rd monitor is a 22" ViewSonic, touch screen with 1k resolution. I use the 1st monitor as the main one, for...
  4. Second touch screen not working as intended

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Second touch screen not working as intended: Hey,So, I just bought a Dell Inspiron 24 5410 All-In-One computer with a built-in touchscreen, running Windows 11. I tried to connect my Planar PCT2235 to use as a secondary touch screen to control lights with ETC EOS Nomad. The display itself works perfectly. I have used...
  5. Second touch screen not working as intended

Second touch screen not working as intended: Hey,So, I just bought a Dell Inspiron 24 5410 All-In-One computer with a built-in touchscreen, running Windows 11. I tried to connect my Planar PCT2235 to use as a secondary touch screen to control lights with ETC EOS Nomad. The display itself works perfectly. I have used...
  6. Windows login screen not working as intended

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows login screen not working as intended: When I boot up my windows 10 computer, the login screen opens with the time, date and the personalised background picture, as normal. I am able to move the cursor with my mouse, but when I want to go onto the screen where you enter your PIN by pressing any key on the keyboard...
  7. Windows login screen not working as intended

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows login screen not working as intended: When I boot up my windows 10 computer, the login screen opens with the time, date and the personalised background picture, as normal. I am able to move the cursor with my mouse, but when I want to go onto the screen where you enter your PIN by pressing any key on the keyboard...
  8. Windows login screen not working as intended

9. Headset not working as intended

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headset not working as intended: Hi! my computer has two headphone jacks, when I plugged my headset in I was asked to choose what it was. I choose Headphones and went out of the tab, only to discover I couldn't use the Microphone with the headset. I plugged it into the other jack and it asked me again, I...
  10. Properties not working as intended.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Properties not working as intended.: Hello, I have been trying to set an application to always run as administrator. I already have gone to the file location and opened up properties however, the shortcuts bar cannot be found. I can also not run the application without administrator either. Please help me....