Windows 10: screen brightness not working

Discus and support screen brightness not working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi all, I have this problem since four months ago(or more), I have tried all of the suggestions on the web and all YouTube videos but non worked. I'm... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by 3amer4, Jun 5, 2019.

1. 3amer4 Win User

screen brightness not working

Hi all, I have this problem since four months ago(or more), I have tried all of the suggestions on the web and all YouTube videos but non worked. I'm posting this question just as a last try. I'm not sure what cause this problem,BUT maybe I had this problem after updating the BIOS. also I can just adjust the brightness when the Window 10 Logo shows up after it I can't. so maybe those two hints could helping to find a solution >>> anyway thanks for your effort and trying to help me... btw all suggestions are welcomed

:)

3amer4, Jun 5, 2019

2. screen brightness on windows 10

Hi,

Some computers can let Windows automatically adjust screen brightness based on the current lighting conditions.

To manually adjust the screen brightness, we suggest following these troubleshooting steps:

• Click Start, then select Settings.
    • Choose System, then select Display.
    • Under Brightness and color, move the Change brightness slider to adjust the brightness.

Feel free to post back if you have other concern.

Gerard Qui, Jun 5, 2019
  3. sammy Win User
    Brightness not working on Windows10.

Hi ,

On my Dell 5559 Windows 10 , brightness not working.

Have tried few steps from youtube videos but did not work.

Please guide.

Thanks.

sammy, Jun 5, 2019
  4. John Sarc Win User

Brightness Control not working in Windows 10

Hi Ella,

To adjust the brightness, see the steps below:

• Go back to Power Options, and tick on the High performance.
    • See if you can adjust the brightness.

If this not work, we highly suggest that you create an Administrator account, and re-do the steps above.

Let us know how it goes.

John Sarc, Jun 5, 2019
Thema:

1. screen brightness not working - Similar Threads - screen brightness working

2. Screen brightness

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Screen brightness: Hello, Is it possible to alter the percentage of screen brightness on the lowest brightness? Let me explain, in Linux when you are on lowest brightness level, it completely turns off the screen. Is it possible to replicate the same in Windows? It's a feature that I miss...
  3. Screen Brightness

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Screen Brightness: Got a brand new HP laptop. The brightness adjustment button the little suns do not work. There is this new feature to adjuste to night light setting. It drive the brigthnes bar but to no effect. All I can get is get my screen in the yellow. But the brightness is very low....
  4. screen brightness

in Windows 10 Customization
    screen brightness: Can you make the screen brightness even darker than the minimum I have on my computer the name of the computer is hp envy x360 convertible windows ten home. I want to lower it down cuz its to bright for me but the minimum brightness is still bright for me....
  5. My screen brightness is not working....

My screen brightness is not working....: since last 5 to 6 days my screen brightness option in settings is not there. Also I the buttons on my laptop is not working but all others are. 30 mins ago I have also updated my deleted my driver and also updated it but no change. Also gone through the windows recovery...
  6. Screen brightness

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Screen brightness: hi. I use a Lenovo(new). Screen brightness is fine until I unplug the power cord. Then its really dark on the laptop screen even the brightness adjustment is full. Please can you advise. thanks regards Vic...
  7. screen brightness

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    screen brightness: I thought i was installing an update from MS. It is called Surface_Brightess_Control_v1.12.139.0 and I did download it straight from the MS website. The issue is after downloading it my screen stays at 100% brightness. I adjust it down and it goes right back to 100%. I...
  8. Screen brightness not working as intended

Screen brightness not working as intended: I am using a 13" Surface Book with the Performance Base. Any input to the mouse or keyboard turns the screen to the maximum brightness. Also, after 30 seconds or so, the screen dims even when playing media on full screen. Checking or unchecking the automatic brightness does...
  9. screen brightness works in reverse

in Windows 10 Support
    screen brightness works in reverse: hi anyone had this problem, sometimes when i start up in win10 get a black screen, if i pull out charging lead desktop comes up, if plug back in get black screen, so pull out and on desktop go into display with left mouse button, display slider works is working in reverse so...
  10. Screen Brightness

in Windows 10 Support
    Screen Brightness: My laptop screen brightness is always at Max even when I reduce it. And there is also no sleep option. I make use of windows 10. Please any suggestion 107296