Windows 10: Screen Brightness won't change

Discus and support Screen Brightness won't change in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My laptop updated to the dreaded 1903 today. All was goinf well until I tried to dim the screen. It won't dim. I have spent hours trying adjust the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by CadeMAN, Jul 11, 2019.

1. CadeMAN Win User

Screen Brightness won't change

My laptop updated to the dreaded 1903 today. All was goinf well until I tried to dim the screen. It won't dim. I have spent hours trying adjust the brightness and it just doesn't work.

I've been searching for answers and tried a few tips found online but they don't work either. Is anyone else having this issue?

How do I fix it?

:)

CadeMAN, Jul 11, 2019

2. screen brightness on windows 10

Hi,

Some computers can let Windows automatically adjust screen brightness based on the current lighting conditions.

To manually adjust the screen brightness, we suggest following these troubleshooting steps:

• Click Start, then select Settings.
    • Choose System, then select Display.
    • Under Brightness and color, move the Change brightness slider to adjust the brightness.

Feel free to post back if you have other concern.

Gerard Qui, Jul 11, 2019
  3. ICG01 Win User
    Change screen brightness

My laptop screen is dull. Need to make it brighter. However the suggestion --> Start - Settings - System - Brightness and color

does not work. It is already set to max. brightness but there is no reaction. Screen remains dull. By the way there is no change if I move slide to minimum brightness, it would not change brightness level at all. Any suggestion?

ICG01, Jul 11, 2019
  4. Screen Brightness won't change

Unable to Change Screen Brightness of Laptop

So I'm not sure how long this has been happening but for some reason, I can't change the brightness on my laptop screen. I have linked a picture and as you can see, my brightness says 0% and that I can't change it, however my actual brightness is at 100%. I have looked around everywhere and the only responses I have found don't work for me. Here's a list of everything I have tried:
    - Reinstalling Display Drivers
    - Rolling Back Display Drivers
    - Reset Settings on UWT4
    - Power and Battery Settings
    (UWT4 or Ultimate Windows Tweaker 4 is a customizer for Windows 10 and I thought that might be the problem but it wasn't)

If anyone has any suggestions on how to fix this, it's greatly appreciated! Thanks! -

FrostyTigerXP, Jul 11, 2019
Thema:

Screen Brightness won't change

1. Screen Brightness won't change - Similar Threads - Screen Brightness won't

2. change screen brightness

in Windows 10 Gaming
    change screen brightness: Screen too bright. Can't find way to simply lower brightness a little bit. Really hard on the eyes . Appreciate any solutions/recommendations. Otherwise, PC is OK. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-screen-brightness/7fbb954a-18c8-4c8f-bbb1-0d7704975a52
  3. change screen brightness

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    change screen brightness: Screen too bright. Can't find way to simply lower brightness a little bit. Really hard on the eyes . Appreciate any solutions/recommendations. Otherwise, PC is OK. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-screen-brightness/7fbb954a-18c8-4c8f-bbb1-0d7704975a52
  4. change screen brightness

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Screen brightness auto changing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Screen brightness auto changing: Hi, I've got a surface computer, the screen brightness automatically turns up whenever I open a white page. it does so in stages by about 5% brightness every 3 seconds. I've set auto adaptive brightness to off. I've tried changing power settings but there is no option for me...
  6. Brightness of my laptop won't change

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Brightness of my laptop won't change: Hello! I have an ASUS TUF, it’s very new but for some reason the brightness won’t change anymore when I try and either adjust the slider or use the hotkeys. I’ve tried updating the drivers but nothing happened. To be clear when I try and change the brightness, the bar...
  7. Brightness of the screen is not changing.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Brightness of the screen is not changing.: The brightness slider is not working. I am able to change brightness percentage on the slider but it is not changing the screen brightness actually....
  8. change screen brightness

change screen brightness: I have updated my computer and it still does not work I also cant turn on the night light. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-screen-brightness/8efc0d03-b30b-45b6-8dba-e5ae5fd498c8
  9. Screen brightness doesn't change

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Screen brightness doesn't change: I'm currently running Windows 10 Insider Preview (Windows 10 Pro, 17738, r5_release) and I can't get my screen brightness to change. This is a laptop computer I'm using (Dell XPS 13 L322X). My display adapter is using Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000 drivers and I've updated them...
  10. Change screen brightness

Change screen brightness: How to change brightness in desktop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_desk/change-screen-brightness/efa5f8c7-aeba-4104-9df0-bf558ecbe341