Windows 10: Screen brightness

Discus and support Screen brightness in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; hi. I use a Lenovo(new). Screen brightness is fine until I unplug the power cord. Then its really dark on the laptop screen even the brightness... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by victham, Sep 8, 2019.

1. victham Win User

Screen brightness

hi.

I use a Lenovo(new). Screen brightness is fine until I unplug the power cord. Then its really dark on the laptop screen even the brightness adjustment is full. Please can you advise.

thanks

regards

Vic

:)

victham, Sep 8, 2019

2. screen brightness on windows 10

Hi,

Some computers can let Windows automatically adjust screen brightness based on the current lighting conditions.

To manually adjust the screen brightness, we suggest following these troubleshooting steps:

• Click Start, then select Settings.
    • Choose System, then select Display.
    • Under Brightness and color, move the Change brightness slider to adjust the brightness.

Feel free to post back if you have other concern.

Gerard Qui, Sep 8, 2019
  3. monitor brightness?

Hi Tom,

To change your Windows 10 monitor brightness, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Click the Windows logo; then, search for Control Panel.
    • Select Hardware and Sound.
    • Choose Power Options.
    • On the next screen you should see brightness slider at the bottom of the Control Panel window.

We would appreciate it if you could get back to us and provide us your feedback.

Michael Gall, Sep 8, 2019
  4. Screen brightness

how to adjust the screen brightness?

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

How exactly did you try to adjust the brightness on your system?

I suggest you to check the below link to know how to change brightness on Windows 10:Change screen brightness

If however you are not able to change the brightness, I suggest you update your display drivers and check if it helps:

You can update drivers from the Device Manager.

• Right click on start button and click on Device manager.
      • Select Display adapter and expand it.
      • Right click on the device and select Update driver.

Let us know the status of the issue. We will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Sep 8, 2019
Thema:

Screen brightness

1. Screen brightness - Similar Threads - Screen brightness

2. Asus ROG GU501GM Fn+F7/F8 keys don't work anymore to de/increase screen brightness, and I...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Asus ROG GU501GM Fn+F7/F8 keys don't work anymore to de/increase screen brightness, and I...: I'm fairly low-tech, so please bare with me. I used to be able to press Fn and either F7 to decrease or F8 to increase screen brightness. I used to be able to click the battery icon in the taskbar to decrease or increase screen brightness. Now, I have to search 'display...
  3. AMD graphics card messed up my screen’s brightness settings?

AMD graphics card messed up my screen’s brightness settings?: Hello, Just today I found out that for the past two years, for some unknown reason, my computer has been running on the Intel graphics card only instead of using the native AMD Radeon graphics card it came with. As it turns out, the software for this drive wasn’t...
  4. brightness bar stuck on screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    brightness bar stuck on screen: good evening, we have an issue with our desktop of windows 10 version. brightness bar is being stuck on the lefttside top corner of desktop. please help us out to resolve this issue. thanking you....
  5. Laptop screen brightness goes down after I turn HDR off

Laptop screen brightness goes down after I turn HDR off: Hello everyone, I bought a new laptop Legion y740. Everything is ok except for the fact that the screen brightness is very low at it's maximum setting. If i turn HDR the screen is super bright and nice. When I turn it off it goes back to being dim even though the setting...
  6. Screen Brightness setting stuck on Screen

Screen Brightness setting stuck on Screen: After the latest update for my laptop, an HP Core i3 (I'm not much of a tech person), there appeared the brightness key on my screen which I couldn't hide. And when I try to adjust the brightness, it automatically goes dark or 0% brightness. It's really annoying. When I'm...
  7. Brightness: Every time windows 10 updates, my screen goes dim.

Brightness: Every time windows 10 updates, my screen goes dim.: Every time windows 10 updates my screen goes dim. Last time I chatted w agent she downloaded an ap that allowed me to adjust it. Now it's gone. I don't have an adjust bar. Nothing. I'm so sick of this. Help. Also how do I connect back to live chat?...
  8. Unable to adjust screen brightness after last major update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to adjust screen brightness after last major update: Hey all, I am unable to make any kind of adjustments to the screen brightness or even put the screen to sleep with the physical power button since the last major update. Any suggestions? Thanks...
  9. Battery Saver turns screen brightness to max

Battery Saver turns screen brightness to max: Instead of dimming the screen, the brightness is turned to the max brightness when battery saver mode switches on automatically. I don't see anywhere in the settings to adjust what the screen brightness gets set to when using battery saver, only a checkbox to allow battery...
  10. Screen Turns off when Brightness at 100%

Screen Turns off when Brightness at 100%: A while back I installed windows 10 on my Elitebook 8560w with an AMD graphics card. I noticed that when I push the screen bightness to a certain level, the monitor shuts off completely. I have to connect to an external monitor and lower the brightness for the screen to turn...