Windows 10: Screen Brightness

Discus and support Screen Brightness in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi all, I have a question regarding my screen brightness problem in windows 10. When I try to lower my brightness by using the brightness hotkey on my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by SodoO, May 9, 2021.

1. SodoO Win User

Screen Brightness

Hi all, I have a question regarding my screen brightness problem in windows 10. When I try to lower my brightness by using the brightness hotkey on my laptop after using the taskbar to raise the brightness, the brightness changes very abruptly. For example, if I raised the brightness to a 100 using the taskbar, one click on the lower brightness hotkey would turn the entire screen black. Any insights as to why and how I could solve this problem?Thanks a lot in advance!

:)

SodoO, May 9, 2021

2. screen brightness on windows 10

Hi,

Some computers can let Windows automatically adjust screen brightness based on the current lighting conditions.

To manually adjust the screen brightness, we suggest following these troubleshooting steps:

• Click Start, then select Settings.
    • Choose System, then select Display.
    • Under Brightness and color, move the Change brightness slider to adjust the brightness.

Feel free to post back if you have other concern.

Gerard Qui, May 9, 2021
  3. monitor brightness?

Hi Tom,

To change your Windows 10 monitor brightness, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Click the Windows logo; then, search for Control Panel.
    • Select Hardware and Sound.
    • Choose Power Options.
    • On the next screen you should see brightness slider at the bottom of the Control Panel window.

We would appreciate it if you could get back to us and provide us your feedback.

Michael Gall, May 9, 2021
  4. Screen Brightness

how to adjust the screen brightness?

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

How exactly did you try to adjust the brightness on your system?

I suggest you to check the below link to know how to change brightness on Windows 10:Change screen brightness

If however you are not able to change the brightness, I suggest you update your display drivers and check if it helps:

You can update drivers from the Device Manager.

• Right click on start button and click on Device manager.
      • Select Display adapter and expand it.
      • Right click on the device and select Update driver.

Let us know the status of the issue. We will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, May 9, 2021
Thema:

Screen Brightness

1. Screen Brightness - Similar Threads - Screen Brightness

2. My screen brightness is not changing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My screen brightness is not changing: my laptop is HP omen en0001axI uninstalled recent updates as my windows were up to date.I even rolled back ,updated display adapter drivers and tried installing the latest update too. Nothing really worked. Plz help...
  3. My screen brightness is not changing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My screen brightness is not changing: my laptop is HP omen en0001axI uninstalled recent updates as my windows were up to date.I even rolled back ,updated display adapter drivers and tried installing the latest update too. Nothing really worked. Plz help...
  4. My screen brightness is not changing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. if i turn my brightness up the screen gets darker and i hear this fan or like static sound...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    if i turn my brightness up the screen gets darker and i hear this fan or like static sound...: HelloI use a Windows 10 computer and one day I had my brightness all the way up as I usually do and all of a sudden it started flashing dark colors you can still see but it looks like it is at the darkest setting when this happens I can hear this fan or static sound that I...
  6. if i turn my brightness up the screen gets darker and i hear this fan or like static sound...

if i turn my brightness up the screen gets darker and i hear this fan or like static sound...: HelloI use a Windows 10 computer and one day I had my brightness all the way up as I usually do and all of a sudden it started flashing dark colors you can still see but it looks like it is at the darkest setting when this happens I can hear this fan or static sound that I...
  7. if i turn my brightness up the screen gets darker and i hear this fan or like static sound...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. my screen brightness keeps changing; how do i stop it from doing so?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my screen brightness keeps changing; how do i stop it from doing so?: recently my screen brightness started changing randomly while i'm playing games i tried it with multiple games and it's all the same, however, it happens much less when i'm in the browser. it changes about every 20 seconds, it goes from super dark to brighter than i knew my...
  9. my screen brightness keeps changing; how do i stop it from doing so?

my screen brightness keeps changing; how do i stop it from doing so?: recently my screen brightness started changing randomly while i'm playing games i tried it with multiple games and it's all the same, however, it happens much less when i'm in the browser. it changes about every 20 seconds, it goes from super dark to brighter than i knew my...
  10. my screen brightness keeps changing; how do i stop it from doing so?

in Windows 10 Customization