Windows 10: Screen broken and need to be able to disable the touch screen

Discus and support Screen broken and need to be able to disable the touch screen in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My screen was slightly ajar, so I pushed it back in, but there was a magnet which IS supposed to be there out of place, which coursed the screen to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by WillamWade, Jul 27, 2020.

1. Screen broken and need to be able to disable the touch screen

My screen was slightly ajar, so I pushed it back in, but there was a magnet which IS supposed to be there out of place, which coursed the screen to crack but at only the lower left corner. The crack is activating the touch screen and is constantly opening the windows menu. I have tired to disable the touch screen but I have not found any way to do that. PLEASE HELP

:)

WillamWade, Jul 27, 2020

2. Touch screens

I can do 60 words per minute on my phone, perhaps more now as I've got used to the phone. ( htc desire z, using the stock onscreen keyboard)

Touch screen + predictive text I recon I could equal my keyboard typing speed. Maybe beat it depending on how advance the predictions are.

( hard to use predictive software on traditional keyboards as there is no way to quickly choose the suggested word, where as touch screen keyboards can have the suggested words appear above the function keys)

pantherx12, Jul 27, 2020
  3. Sir B. Fannybottom, Jul 27, 2020
  4. Screen broken and need to be able to disable the touch screen

Touch screen is disabled

Hi Roy,

Thank you for responding.

This issue might be due to drivers which are to be updated.

I suggest you to update the drivers for touch feature in Device Manager:

Steps:

• Right click on Windows key from the desktop and click on
      Device Manager.
    • Expand Human Interface Devices, right click on the
      Touch screen driver and select Update Driver Software.

Also, I suggest you to contact the device manufacturer website and try to update the chipset drivers as well.

Hope it helps. Feel free to contact us for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Jul 27, 2020
Thema:

Screen broken and need to be able to disable the touch screen

1. Screen broken and need to be able to disable the touch screen - Similar Threads - Screen broken need

2. Trying to disable my touch screen, and I need help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trying to disable my touch screen, and I need help: I've been looking up step by step instructions to turn off my touch screen feature. I followed the directions to open device manager, and the human interface devices. However, I don't have the HID-compliant touch screen option. The only one close to that is a touch pad...
  3. Trying to disable my touch screen, and I need help

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trying to disable my touch screen, and I need help: I've been looking up step by step instructions to turn off my touch screen feature. I followed the directions to open device manager, and the human interface devices. However, I don't have the HID-compliant touch screen option. The only one close to that is a touch pad...
  4. Trying to disable my touch screen, and I need help

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Duplicating touch screen to another touch screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Duplicating touch screen to another touch screen: I have 2 touch screens one with a pc behind it and another that is just a screen. The touch screen of the one with the pc works like it should. But I can use the touch screen on the second one. I want both of these screen to be running the exact same programs and still work....
  6. [NOT SOLVED] Connect tablet with broken touch screen

[NOT SOLVED] Connect tablet with broken touch screen: The screen of my tablet does work, but also doesn't. I can see the lock screen, but I can unlock or touch anywhere else the input of the screen is somehow broken is there a way I can use it as a second monitor?...
  7. Connect tablet with broken touch screen

Connect tablet with broken touch screen: The screen of my tablet does work, but also doesn't. I can see the lock screen, but I can unlock or touch anywhere else the input of the screen is somehow broken is there a way I can use it as a second monitor?...
  8. Touch Screen Functions disabled

Touch Screen Functions disabled: I just got a new touch screen laptop then I changed the version from the latest windows 10 1909 to 2019 version of 1809 windows 10. After I switched then moved my finger on the screen nothing happened, and my narrator read nothing. The touch screen function has disabled, and...
  9. Touch Screen is CRAZY. Is there a command to disable touch screen while in safe mode?...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Touch Screen is CRAZY. Is there a command to disable touch screen while in safe mode?...: The touch screen has issues - it makes dots all over screen, acts crazily. Some time ago, I disabled touch screen using control panel (?) which enabled me to use the computer just fine. The Oct. 2019 Windows update turned the touch screen back on. The screen is so crazy it...
  10. Enable or Disable Touch Screen in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Touch Screen in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable Touch Screen in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Touch Screen in Windows 10 A touchscreen, or touch screen, is an input device that enables you to interact directly with what is displayed, rather than using a mouse, touchpad, or other such...