Windows 10: screen can not waking up but audio is still on

Discus and support screen can not waking up but audio is still on in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi, I have a laptop ASUS with win10. When I close the screen while the video on, the audio is still on but the screen does not waking up after I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by tom_013, Nov 29, 2018.

1. tom_013 Win User

screen can not waking up but audio is still on

Hi, I have a laptop ASUS with win10. When I close the screen while the video on, the audio is still on but the screen does not waking up after I lifted up the screen. Power off and on and restored the browser to get back to the video on you tube. I dont have any problem with sleep mode on any other tasks. Is there a fix for this? Thanks.

:)

tom_013, Nov 29, 2018

2. Audio device unrecognised after waking from sleep

From time to time I wake my laptop from sleep and find that the audio driver (Conexant Venice) is no longer loaded. The audio hardware is listed in the Device Manager as just "base system device" (or two base system devices, to be precise). Rebooting fixes the problem each time, but it takes a while. Is there a quicker way to make the audio work again than rebooting? I've tried obvious steps like running the troubleshooter and disabling and then re-enabling the devices.

ricecrispies, Nov 29, 2018
  3. Ryan Fra Win User
    Can not record audio.

Hi,

We suggest that you run troubleshooting for Audio Recording by following these steps:

• Type troubleshooting on the search box.
    • Click View all.
    • Select Recording Audio.
    • Follow the steps to troubleshoot Recording Audio.

Let us know if you need further help.

Ryan Fra, Nov 29, 2018
  4. screen can not waking up but audio is still on

Screens black after waking machine from sleep

Hi Anthony,

Does it only happen when waking up the computer from sleep?

To check for possible causes of this issue, we suggest you to run Power Troubleshooter. To do so, follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key.
    • Type Troubleshooting.
    • On the left side, click View all.
    • Click Power.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions.
    If the issue still persists, you may update the Chipset driver from the device manufacturer.

Let us know how it goes.

Jesebel Ova, Nov 29, 2018
Thema:

screen can not waking up but audio is still on

1. screen can not waking up but audio is still on - Similar Threads - screen waking audio

2. black screen on wake up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    black screen on wake up: Hello everyone, I have Lenovo ideapad gaming with 16GB RAM and nvidia GeForce graphics. It is operating on Windows 10. I am on the default balanced power plan. Shortly after one of my coolers stopped functioning, my laptop suddenly stopped going to sleep after inactivity, but...
  3. black screen on wake up

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    black screen on wake up: Hello everyone, I have Lenovo ideapad gaming with 16GB RAM and nvidia GeForce graphics. It is operating on Windows 10. I am on the default balanced power plan. Shortly after one of my coolers stopped functioning, my laptop suddenly stopped going to sleep after inactivity, but...
  4. Waking up to a green screen

Waking up to a green screen: I have been awaking to a green screen.Monitor offBrowsers and some other apps in the background.I have all the latest driverssfc /scannow passed.If I close all the apps I do not get a green screen.My research has suggested that windows green screened because some app was not...
  5. Waking up to a green screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Waking up to a green screen: I have been awaking to a green screen.Monitor offBrowsers and some other apps in the background.I have all the latest driverssfc /scannow passed.If I close all the apps I do not get a green screen.My research has suggested that windows green screened because some app was not...
  6. Black screen on wake-up

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black screen on wake-up: I've recently started having an issue where I get no signal to my monitor exclusively when I wake my PC up from sleep mode.It first happened about 2 days ago, which was quite a scare, because I thought my GPU had died, but after shutting down and booting from being fully off,...
  7. Slow screen wake up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Slow screen wake up: so recently i noticed something weird with my laptop. when i try to wake the screen from screen timeout it take a long time to respond, it show black screen for like 10-20 sec and then go to main screen. My laptop is ROG gl553vd i put my windows on m.2, 16gb of ram. with m.2...
  8. Windows 10 having wake times off still wakes up with Wake Timers

Windows 10 having wake times off still wakes up with Wake Timers: Hello team, I set Wake Timers off and expected to have my PC to sleep normally without any wake up. However, wake up persist as I can't even put it to sleep, thus shut down is needed. What have I tried: - reset power plans and turned off wake timers again - Windows...
  9. Glitchy screen on wake-up

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Glitchy screen on wake-up: [ATTACH] Anyone else experience this before? It happens almost every time my laptop screen goes to sleep when I walk away and come back to wake it up and see this. It doesn't seem to affect anything as far as I can tell, and clears away slowly in bits as I move my cursor...
  10. ColorNote still no solution - MS WAKE UP!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    ColorNote still no solution - MS WAKE UP!: After so many users have complained that C.Note is not working anymore after a WIN "update" I am baffled that MS is so ignorant and does not care. ColorNote is still available in MS store but it crashes just as reliable as a year ago. It is a MS problem and all the...