Windows 10: Screen Capture with Alt-Print Screen or Print Screen using Snip & Sketch from HDR monitor...

Discus and support Screen Capture with Alt-Print Screen or Print Screen using Snip & Sketch from HDR monitor... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have 1 HDR monitor and 1 non-HDR monitor. If I capture from the non-HDR monitor, it captures fine, but from the HDR monitor, it looks like this:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Razor68, Nov 17, 2020.

1. Razor68 Win User

Screen Capture with Alt-Print Screen or Print Screen using Snip & Sketch from HDR monitor...

I have 1 HDR monitor and 1 non-HDR monitor. If I capture from the non-HDR monitor, it captures fine, but from the HDR monitor, it looks like this:

Screen Capture with Alt-Print Screen or Print Screen using Snip & Sketch from HDR monitor... b99e359c-5806-4c09-9328-f211781b113f?upload=true.png

I'm running Windows 10 Pro x64 version 2004, using an Intel i7-6700K, an NVIDIA RTX 2070 Super, and two displays, one an LG WQHD 2560x1440 144Hz HDR FreeSync 2.0 monitor and the other a Samsung 4K 60 Hz non-HDR monitor. I've onlynoticed this issue in the last few months. I installed Version 2004 in August 2020. I have "Use HDR" enabled on the LG monitor, with Scaling set to 100%. On the Samsung, scaling is set to 150%. Neither have "Night light" enabled. The NVidia driver version is 457.30, released 11/9/2020.

NOTE: As a test, I turned HDR off on the LG, and the problem went away, so it appears it's HDR support causing the issue. I'd safely call this a bug with the HDR implementation on Version 2004.

:)

Razor68, Nov 17, 2020

2. Alt-Print Screen Captures Active Screen But With 2" Black Margin on the Right.

After performing the steps you suggested, I still had the same issue using the "Alt-Print Screen" keys. However, in the process I learned how to better use the Windows Snipping tool to accomplish my objective. It just takes more key strokes.

A friend told me Microsoft wants to discourage users from using the "Alt-Print Screen" keys and to use the Snipping tool instead. I'm not sure I buy that because the "Alt-Print Screen" feature works perfectly for me on other computers.

Thanks for your help.

JOHN GAFFNEY 52, Nov 17, 2020
  3. Luissm3 Win User
    Print Screen and Snipping Tool does not capture Second Monitor in dual monitor. The image becomes black.

Thanks Greg for help,

Alt + Print Screen just copy the monitor were the cursor (active screen) is not the two monitors.

I usually use the Win Key + Print Screen and that works fine, but after some windows upgrade I don't remember when this doesn't work anymore.

And the Snipping Tool also always worked well on both monitors, when I needed to make a cut on any of the monitors.

Now, when the Snipping Tool is activated, the monitor 2 is gray and does not allow to capture anything, the cutout is a black rectangle.

Luissm3, Nov 17, 2020
  4. varxtis Win User

Screen Capture with Alt-Print Screen or Print Screen using Snip & Sketch from HDR monitor...

Is there a way to Screen Print Active Window straight to PNG?

Question: Is there a way of saving Screen Captures/Prints of JUST an active window as a PNG to the Screenshots directory like you can with [Start/Win + Print Scrn]?
    [Alt + Start/Win + Print Scrn] doesn't even capture to clip-board.

What I know -
    With windows there are a couple of ways of going about saving screen prints:
    - You can press [Print Scrn] to capture the whole desktop or [Alt + Print Scrn] to capture just the active window. Either of these will capture what is currently on screen to your clip-board. Once you have your screen prints in your clip-board, you paste it into an image program to save or edit it.
    - Alternatively there are two other was of saving Screen Prints while skipping image programs all together. First is using the "Snipping Tool" or "Snip and Sketch", both built-in apps in Windows. However, My favorite is [Start + Print Scrn]. This one is best for me because it creates a PNG of your screen print with just a key stroke. I don't have to worry about opening any other programs or saving name/location. I can just change that latter if need be. BUT the problem I'm running into I use multiple monitors... so when I do [Start/Win + Print Scrn], it saves a huge image spanning the two or three monitors in use. And this can be enormous since I use 4k resolution (with scaling) on one.

What I'd like to know is if there is a way of using the same process as [Start/Win +Print Scrn], except capture just the active window. I've tried adding "alt" (so, [Alt + Start/Win + Print Scrn]), but it doesn't do anything, literally. Oddly it doesn't even copy to the clip board. Does any one know?

EDIT: I changed the use of quotes to brackets to better define hotkeys.

varxtis, Nov 17, 2020
Thema:

1. Screen Capture with Alt-Print Screen or Print Screen using Snip & Sketch from HDR monitor... - Similar Threads - Screen Capture Alt

2. Why can't I use snipping tool / print screen screen capture on multiple monitors anymore?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can't I use snipping tool / print screen screen capture on multiple monitors anymore?: When using snipping tool I can no longer drag it across multiple screens when I used to be able to. Is this a bug, feature, or is there a setting that has been changed preventing me from doing so....
  3. Why can't I use snipping tool / print screen screen capture on multiple monitors anymore?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why can't I use snipping tool / print screen screen capture on multiple monitors anymore?: When using snipping tool I can no longer drag it across multiple screens when I used to be able to. Is this a bug, feature, or is there a setting that has been changed preventing me from doing so....
  4. Snip & Sketch image not appearing on screen via Print Screen key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Snip & Sketch image not appearing on screen via Print Screen key: I am using Snip & Sketch on Windows 10. I have it set to use the Print Screen key. It works, but it only copies the image to the clipboard. This all works fine. It does not automatically open the image for editing though, as it does if I open the app first. Can I get it to...
  5. Snip & Sketch image not appearing on screen via Print Screen key

Snip & Sketch image not appearing on screen via Print Screen key: I am using Snip & Sketch on Windows 10. I have it set to use the Print Screen key. It works, but it only copies the image to the clipboard. This all works fine. It does not automatically open the image for editing though, as it does if I open the app first. Can I get it to...
  6. Snip & Sketch image not appearing on screen via Print Screen key

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Print Screen on Computer, then when printing 'Print Screen' from the computer to the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Print Screen on Computer, then when printing 'Print Screen' from the computer to the...: After using "Print Screen" on the Computer, then printing what was saved from "Print Screen", does not fully print what was saved. What's Up?...
  8. Print Screen Use

in Windows 10 Customization
    Print Screen Use: How to use the Print Screen Key on desk top keyboard to capture a screen, using Windows 10, latest version https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/print-screen-use/15fef72b-6573-4821-b48f-476c3b3d1cbc
  9. windows 10 screen snip using Print Screen

windows 10 screen snip using Print Screen: The senior residence where I live just got 3 new Dell all-in-one computers with Windows 10. I am having difficulty getting Screen Snip to work using Print Screen on the keyboard. I went into Settings and made the adjustment under Keyboard. Onr thing that I notice - I see...
  10. Print Screen, Alt + Print Screen, Ctrl + Print Screen, Windows + Print Screen do not work...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Print Screen, Alt + Print Screen, Ctrl + Print Screen, Windows + Print Screen do not work...: Alt + Print Screen and Ctrl + Print Screen work fine on Windows 10 Enterprise when I use them at work, but when I try to use the commands on my home computer with Windows 10 Home, none of the options work. I realize I can use the snipping tool, but why would I want to take...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. nu vot