Windows 10: screen changed colour

Discus and support screen changed colour in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; *Sad Please help an old man, when i scan a piece of paper from my printer it goes to my selected folder but when i open it all the background is black... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by keithy333, Jan 21, 2017.

1. keithy333 Win User

screen changed colour

*Sad Please help an old man, when i scan a piece of paper from my printer it goes to my selected folder but when i open it all the background is black and not white any help plz

:)

keithy333, Jan 21, 2017

2. Screen Colour changes

Hi Linda,

As per the info, I request you to kindly send us a screenshot of the screen so that we can get a clearer image of the issue in hand.

To learn how to attach screenshot refer to:
    How to include a screenshot in your post

Also, you can follow the instructions below and check if it helps:

Navigate to Settings > Personalization > Themes > Theme Settings > and select the option for Windows

Hope this helps

Regards

Vanessa Sohtun, Jan 21, 2017
  3. Screen Colour changes

About three to four months ago everything on my desktop changed. Where the background was a pleasing white or something else to this horrible black. In some programs that I need, it seems instructional buttons are missing. I'm speaking of "Submit", "Order
    now" and so forth. How can I get rid of this black and get back to something easier and less confusing?

Original Title: SCREEN COLOR

LindaFreer, Jan 21, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

screen changed colour

Hi, usually scanners have a preview option so you can get an idea of how the scan will appear. A flatbed scanner will do the preview scan more quickly than usual.

If you are not happy with the preview, there are adjustments you can make, then retry the preview scan.
    The adjustments available will depend on whether you choose a black & white, greyscale or colour scan.

The functions available depend on your scanner driver.

I've never used a scanner/printer combination though. If you post your particular printer type, you might be lucky and someone reading this post might be familiar with your device.

You might also consider asking a question in the forum related to your printer, or checking its manual.

dalchina, Jan 21, 2017
  5. If its a small piece of paper, and the scanned image is 8.5 x 11, that can happen. The areas where there was nothing will be black. Cropping the image to match what is being scanned will cure it.

alphanumeric, Jan 21, 2017
  6. EdTittel Win User
    Another possible solution: position the piece of paper on the scanner bed where you want it to be, then lay a large piece of white (or same-colored) paper on top of it. This will prevent the background from showing black, as it sometimes will when scanning a small item on a large scanning bed.
    HTH,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

screen changed colour

1. screen changed colour - Similar Threads - screen changed colour

2. Colour of keyboard not changing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Colour of keyboard not changing: Hey there. My keyboard colours aren't changing when I use Alienware Command Center to change the colours; my keyboard backlight stays purple. My laptop is the Dell G5 15 5500. Please help me resolve this issue....
  3. Change Colour

in Windows 10 Support
    Change Colour: Hi I just got an HP laptop and when viewing pictures the colours are kind of washed out. So if possible I'd just like to make colours brighter eg red richer, yellow pink, all richer etc, nothing fancy just like when you adjust the contrast of the colour on your TV I know...
  4. screen colour

in Windows 10 Customization
    screen colour: My screen in Windows 10 is a lurid pink in colour. I don't know how it got that way. I want it back to greyscale, and have followed all the instructions I can find online including removing colour filters and ensuring greyscale is set without being able to remove the pink....
  5. screen colour

screen colour: my screen colours are very dull - how can I correct this. Tried a few things but cant get it right https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-colour/faed0f9d-00a6-4526-a6ac-31dd2ff631e0
  6. Screen colour change

Screen colour change: Hi, My screen has a small colour change when I connect external devices or when my webcam is being used for Microsoft Edge content. Why is this happening it never used to do it? Is there a setting I need to change? Thanks......
  7. Screen colour

Screen colour: I use my Dell G3 15 for Photography... I have found that when I post photos on my facebook page the red is prominent when looking on my S8 mobile but not on my laptop screen... How can I change my screen so it represents how the photos actually look... Ive tried calibrating...
  8. colour change

colour change: Using my laptop and left it for a bit, when returned the home screen has changed colour, very bland grey, white and peoples hair is yellow. No warm colours they disappeared. Any suggestion as to get my normal colours back...
  9. screen colour

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    screen colour: i have a notebook asus f556u with lastest version of windows 10, my monitor is perfectly calibrated because i'm a digital illustrator. some windows update ago, when i start my monitor, after some time like 10 minutes, the color of my screen change in a blue tint. example a...
  10. Change the colour of the Shutdown/Log-off screen?

Change the colour of the Shutdown/Log-off screen?: I know how to change the colour of the log on screen but not the log off screen, any ideas? 31153