Windows 10: Screen color shifts to red after login, even with night shift off

Discus and support Screen color shifts to red after login, even with night shift off in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Basically, problem is: Screen display is neutral pre-login Login and after 15-30 seconds, screen shifts to red, like night light is on night light is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by dpb5, Feb 3, 2020.

1. dpb5 Win User

Screen color shifts to red after login, even with night shift off

Basically, problem is:

1. Screen display is neutral pre-login
    2. Login and after 15-30 seconds, screen shifts to red, like night light is on
    3. night light is off in the settings, turning it on can make it even more red
    4. turning night light off again removes the extra color temp but not getting rid of it all the way

I've followed a number of posts on this issue, updating windows, turning off night shift, turning back on, checking that no monitor color profiles are turned on, etc. What I have found after experimentation though is that creating a new user on the computer and loging in as that user does not show the red shift problem, which points to something in my profile.

What I can't figure out is what is that something?

Does anyone have suggestions on fixing a broken profile or resetting the setting that controls this?

Thanks!

Reference Post, which was a different problem, but where the 'new user' suggestion was given:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...rt-up-as/6d78917e-788e-4469-baf1-004f3f652c49

:)

dpb5, Feb 3, 2020
  2. MrIndeed Win User

Night Shift greyed

Hello,

I cannot enable nor use Night Shift.

I tried restarting the computer.
    I tried updating the drivers which temporarily fixed the issue.
    I tried updating Windows which again temporarily fixed the issue.
    I tried turning off Location Service.

One day Night Shift works, the next it doesn't.

I am on the slow ring build 15063.

How can I permanently solve the issue?

Screen color shifts to red after login, even with night shift off [​IMG]

Screen color shifts to red after login, even with night shift off [​IMG]

Thank you.

MrIndeed, Feb 3, 2020
  3. P4-630 Win User
    Intel Speed Shift Technology Skylake

You just need a Skylake CPU and ThrottleStop, once turned on speed shift you can exit the software as unclewebb said above.

P4-630, Feb 3, 2020
  4. tigger Win User

tigger, Feb 3, 2020
Thema:

1. Screen color shifts to red after login, even with night shift off - Similar Threads - Screen color shifts

2. Searchbar is glitching and color shifting

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Searchbar is glitching and color shifting: Searchbar is glitching every time I open a software or switch between tabs or windows. It is not a problem but looks bad and I have heard that this can lead to a severe Colour shifting of displayEdition :Windows 10 Home Single Language Version 21H1 Installed on ‎08-‎12-‎2020...
  3. Night Shift keeps turning on and I can't turn it off

in Windows 10 Customization
    Night Shift keeps turning on and I can't turn it off: I've turned off scheduled night shift but it keeps turning on as if it's set to turn on from sunset to sunrise. When I try to turn it off it says that it's already off and ignores the intensity settings. The only way for it to turn off is wait it out or change the time in...
  4. Video Colors Shifted/Offset to the right

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Video Colors Shifted/Offset to the right: Hi, My videos youtube, facebook, even the test video in settings app on Windows 10 play normally at first on startup for a few hours, and then the colors suddenly become offset/shifted to the right, and there is a small vertical strip on the left of the video. I believe...
  5. Screen Left shift

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Screen Left shift: My display has shifted left. need to correct https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-left-shift/e1a4dbfb-fe3f-492c-83db-d431e8c1bf41
  6. Color Shift In Edge/Chrome After Opening

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Color Shift In Edge/Chrome After Opening: After the recent update when I open either Chrome or Edge new Edge the colors appear correct for the first few seconds, then suddenly shift to a more washed out tone. Updated all my display drivers and even tried the new insider update. Can't figure this out, incredibly...
  7. screen shifted to the left

screen shifted to the left: My display is shifted to the left so that I cannot see all of the icons; the window icon at the lower left shows just a bit. When I click on it, I cannot see the shut down box. what can I do the shift the screen right?...
  8. Unable to change screen brightness and night light shift

Unable to change screen brightness and night light shift: I don't know how long now but I am unable to change my screen brightness and night shift settings. I updated to the new software a while back and only recently noticed that my battery has been dying sooner than it should have. Today I reset my laptop and it had no effect...
  9. Screen is shifted and zoomed

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Screen is shifted and zoomed: Hello, I have fresh installed Windows 10 on "new" PC and when I connected my old 1920x1080 monitor to it everything was going fine and then after few minutes screen shifted and zoomed to the right. I never had similar issues with this monitor. In Screen setting in Windows...
  10. Night Shift greyed

in Windows 10 Support
    Night Shift greyed: Hello, I cannot enable nor use Night Shift. I tried restarting the computer. I tried updating the drivers which temporarily fixed the issue. I tried updating Windows which again temporarily fixed the issue. I tried turning off Location Service. One day Night...