Windows 10: Screen color temperature changes after start-up (as if Night Light is enabled, though it isn't)

Discus and support Screen color temperature changes after start-up (as if Night Light is enabled, though it isn't) in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello! I've been facing this issue on my laptop for a few days now. Every time my system starts up, after logging in, the colour temperature of my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by bokbokwhoosh, Aug 27, 2019.

1. Screen color temperature changes after start-up (as if Night Light is enabled, though it isn't)

Hello!

I've been facing this issue on my laptop for a few days now. Every time my system starts up, after logging in, the colour temperature of my screen changes from the normal tone to a more reddish one, just like what Night Light does, though Night Light is not enabled. Enabling Night Light makes it even more reddish.

Sometimes, the screen color temperature flickers - it turns back to normal, and quickly fades into the reddish tone again. I've noticed this happening when I pull up the Notifications tab, and click on the Bluetooth icon.

Uninstalling my graphics driver made the issue disappear - but it left my screen looking horrible, with a skewed resolution. And the issue came back after I restarted the system and the driver was automatically reinstalled.

I've tried installing several older versions of the graphics driver, to no avail. I've also tried updating the BIOS to the latest version. My Windows is always up to date (as up to date at the automatic updates get me).

The issue does not appear on the login screen, only after logging in. And it started noticeably after I disabled Microsoft Teams (where did it suddenly pop up from anyway?) from startup - though I cannot confidently say this exactly when it began.

I'm on Windows 10 Home, v. 1809, OS Build 17763.678.

My display adapter is Intel HD Graphics 520, driver version 23.20.16.4973

My laptop is a Lenovo ideapad FLEX 4-1470.

I'm deeply grateful for any help!

:)

bokbokwhoosh, Aug 27, 2019

2. Night Light problems

• Click start and then settings.
    • Click system.
    • Click Display.
    • And you'll find night light there.
    • And if u want to change the color click night light settings.

derpygamer, Aug 27, 2019
  3. lacrumb Win User
    Night Light

Did you go Settings, System? And under Night light Night light settings and moved the Color temperature at night slider?

lacrumb, Aug 27, 2019
  4. Screen color temperature changes after start-up (as if Night Light is enabled, though it isn't)

night light screen not working

Hi yuvalgoel,

In Windows 10, Night light depends on your PC's graphics driver to adjust the color temperature to reduce the blue light. If the video card driver isn't compatible with your system, there's a possibility that the feature will not work correctly.
    If the issue is caused by incompatible device drivers, I suggest that you manually install the latest video driver to resolve this issue. Visit your PC manufacturer’s support website to download the latest graphics driver and follow the instructions provided
    to update your device driver.

You may refer to this article for steps on updating drivers in Windows 10.

If you need further assistance, let me know.

Aileen Alf, Aug 27, 2019
Thema:

Screen color temperature changes after start-up (as if Night Light is enabled, though it isn't)

1. Screen color temperature changes after start-up (as if Night Light is enabled, though it isn't) - Similar Threads - Screen color temperature

2. Screen colour temperature changes at login as if Night Light is enabled, though it isn't

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen colour temperature changes at login as if Night Light is enabled, though it isn't: So I've been trying to troubleshoot this problem on and off for a couple of months.Photos:Warm Night Light effectNormal after color management/calibration toolI have two Windows profiles on my computer. When I log into my main profile even before it reaches the desktop, all...
  3. Screen colour temperature changes at login as if Night Light is enabled, though it isn't

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen colour temperature changes at login as if Night Light is enabled, though it isn't: So I've been trying to troubleshoot this problem on and off for a couple of months.Photos:Warm Night Light effectNormal after color management/calibration toolI have two Windows profiles on my computer. When I log into my main profile even before it reaches the desktop, all...
  4. Screen colour temperature changes at login as if Night Light is enabled, though it isn't

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Enabling the Night light setting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Enabling the Night light setting: Regarding how to Enabling the Night light setting I want to stope the blue light, which is emerging from PC screen , but I unable to fixed the night light ," it is in enable mode ". I try many way to resolve the problem By registry setting , by device manager, by updating...
  6. ERROR enable Night Light

in Windows 10 Customization
    ERROR enable Night Light: [ATTACH] What should I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-enable-night-light/ab386e0e-9cae-421d-9b3c-d0414d0b103f
  7. Night Light isn't working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Night Light isn't working: Hi, I've updated my Windows PC to 20H2 19042.630. Now the night light feature isn't working. It was working fine before. After updating to 20H2 isn't working give me suggestions to make it work....
  8. Night light is reset after wake up

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Night light is reset after wake up: I have night light set up to turn on on the schedule. It works. I also have my screen turning off after 15 minutes of idle. The problem is the night light disappears after the screen is turned on. If I go to night light setting, it says it is turned on. If I turn it off and...
  9. Night Light randomly disabled after screen wake up

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Night Light randomly disabled after screen wake up: sometimes when i turn on my screen the night light is disabled but it's still ON in the notification sidebar toggle, so i have to press 2 times the toggle to turn it ON again, anyone know a fix for it? submitted by /u/winzupdatee [link] [comments]...
  10. Night light constantly on though it isn't turned on

in Windows 10 Support
    Night light constantly on though it isn't turned on: Hello! I've been facing this issue on my laptop for a few days now. Every time my system starts up, after logging in, the colour temperature of my screen changes from the normal tone to a more reddish one, just like what Night Light does, though Night Light is not enabled....