Windows 10: Screen colour temperature changes at login as if Night Light is enabled, though it isn't

Discus and support Screen colour temperature changes at login as if Night Light is enabled, though it isn't in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So I've been trying to troubleshoot this problem on and off for a couple of months.Photos:Warm Night Light effectNormal after color... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JoshGilling, Nov 24, 2022.

1. Screen colour temperature changes at login as if Night Light is enabled, though it isn't

So I've been trying to troubleshoot this problem on and off for a couple of months.Photos:Warm Night Light effectNormal after color management/calibration toolI have two Windows profiles on my computer. When I log into my main profile even before it reaches the desktop, all my monitors get an orange hue as if Night Light has enabled. This persists through the login.Occasionally while using my main profile, the screen colour temperature will flicker back to normal briefly, but it always seems to return to the Night Light effect. The ways I have found to get the colours to return to norm

:)

JoshGilling, Nov 24, 2022

2. Screen color temperature changes after start-up (as if Night Light is enabled, though it isn't)

Hello!

I've been facing this issue on my laptop for a few days now. Every time my system starts up, after logging in, the colour temperature of my screen changes from the normal tone to a more reddish one, just like what Night Light does, though Night Light is
    not enabled. Enabling Night Light makes it even more reddish.

Sometimes, the screen color temperature flickers - it turns back to normal, and quickly fades into the reddish tone again. I've noticed this happening when I pull up the Notifications tab, and click on the Bluetooth icon.

Uninstalling my graphics driver made the issue disappear - but it left my screen looking horrible, with a skewed resolution. And the issue came back after I restarted the system and the driver was automatically reinstalled.

I've tried installing several older versions of the graphics driver, to no avail. I've also tried updating the BIOS to the latest version. My Windows is always up to date (as up to date at the automatic updates get me).

The issue does not appear on the login screen, only after logging in. And it started noticeably after I disabled Microsoft Teams (where did it suddenly pop up from anyway?) from startup - though I cannot confidently say this exactly when it began.

I'm on Windows 10 Home, v. 1809, OS Build 17763.678.

My display adapter is Intel HD Graphics 520, driver version 23.20.16.4973

My laptop is a Lenovo ideapad FLEX 4-1470.

I'm deeply grateful for any help!

bokbokwhoosh, Nov 24, 2022
  3. dpb5 Win User
    Screen color shifts to red after login, even with night shift off

Basically, problem is:

1. Screen display is neutral pre-login
    2. Login and after 15-30 seconds, screen shifts to red, like night light is on
    3. night light is off in the settings, turning it on can make it even more red
    4. turning night light off again removes the extra color temp but not getting rid of it all the way

I've followed a number of posts on this issue, updating windows, turning off night shift, turning back on, checking that no monitor color profiles are turned on, etc. What I have found after experimentation though is that creating a new user on the computer
    and loging in as that user does not show the red shift problem, which points to something in my profile.

What I can't figure out is what is that something?

Does anyone have suggestions on fixing a broken profile or resetting the setting that controls this?

Thanks!

Reference Post, which was a different problem, but where the 'new user' suggestion was given:

Redirecting

4. Screen colour temperature changes at login as if Night Light is enabled, though it isn't

Unique Night Light Bug - Can't turn night light off, yet notification center doesn't show night light as active!

I have a weird problem with night light all of a sudden shortly after a refresh of windows. I've read all the threads about problems with night light, and none of them are the problem that I'm having so here it is:

When windows starts, at the login screen, the night-light is not on...ie there is blue light...all is good, but after login the screen slowly automatically enables night light mode. I have night-light turned off, no schedule, and never touched it at all,
    yet it's on. The interesting thing is that the windows action center doesn't even show night light to be on in the first place...ie the button for it is not highlighted. Pressing the nigh light button in action center highlights the feature as it should, but
    makes no change either way. lol.... Any ideas?

Thanx!

SemperAye1, Nov 24, 2022
Thema:

Screen colour temperature changes at login as if Night Light is enabled, though it isn't

1. Screen colour temperature changes at login as if Night Light is enabled, though it isn't - Similar Threads - Screen colour temperature

2. Where is the file location of "Night Light" "Warm Colours"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where is the file location of "Night Light" "Warm Colours": I'm looking for the actual file in windows as I use 80% Strength and so I need to find the file and see what the exact filter is like so I can apply it in photoshop....
  3. Screen colour temperature changes at login as if Night Light is enabled, though it isn't

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen colour temperature changes at login as if Night Light is enabled, though it isn't: So I've been trying to troubleshoot this problem on and off for a couple of months.Photos:Warm Night Light effectNormal after color management/calibration toolI have two Windows profiles on my computer. When I log into my main profile even before it reaches the desktop, all...
  4. Screen colour temperature changes at login as if Night Light is enabled, though it isn't

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen colour temperature changes at login as if Night Light is enabled, though it isn't: So I've been trying to troubleshoot this problem on and off for a couple of months.Photos:Warm Night Light effectNormal after color management/calibration toolI have two Windows profiles on my computer. When I log into my main profile even before it reaches the desktop, all...
  5. Enabling the Night light setting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Enabling the Night light setting: Regarding how to Enabling the Night light setting I want to stope the blue light, which is emerging from PC screen , but I unable to fixed the night light ," it is in enable mode ". I try many way to resolve the problem By registry setting , by device manager, by updating...
  6. Screen Orange on one login -- it's not Night Light

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screen Orange on one login -- it's not Night Light: Hi Everyone, I did some research on this site but couldn't find an answer to my question. I have two desktop logins to my Dell XPS 9550 -- two users. Logging in one produces a nice, normal laptop screen. Logging in the other produces an orange laptop screen. It's not...
  7. ERROR enable Night Light

ERROR enable Night Light: [ATTACH] What should I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-enable-night-light/ab386e0e-9cae-421d-9b3c-d0414d0b103f
  8. Night Light isn't working

Night Light isn't working: Hi, I've updated my Windows PC to 20H2 19042.630. Now the night light feature isn't working. It was working fine before. After updating to 20H2 isn't working give me suggestions to make it work....
  9. Night light constantly on though it isn't turned on

in Windows 10 Support
    Night light constantly on though it isn't turned on: Hello! I've been facing this issue on my laptop for a few days now. Every time my system starts up, after logging in, the colour temperature of my screen changes from the normal tone to a more reddish one, just like what Night Light does, though Night Light is not enabled....
  10. Screen color temperature changes after start-up (as if Night Light is enabled, though it isn't)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Screen color temperature changes after start-up (as if Night Light is enabled, though it isn't): Hello! I've been facing this issue on my laptop for a few days now. Every time my system starts up, after logging in, the colour temperature of my screen changes from the normal tone to a more reddish one, just like what Night Light does, though Night Light is not enabled....