Windows 10: screen comes back on after turning it off

Discus and support screen comes back on after turning it off in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; In the "Control what the Power Buttons do" section of the control panel I have the Power button selected to turn off the display however, when i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Pinky jeep, Mar 7, 2023.

1. screen comes back on after turning it off

In the "Control what the Power Buttons do" section of the control panel I have the Power button selected to turn off the display however, when i actually press the button in person the display turn off as expected then after .5th of a second the screen turns back on automatically somehow... I had an old version of windows and it worked fine and remained off indefinitely until i move my mouse as expected it turns back on all happy and ready for me to work but after installing this new version of windows this issue has stared. I require quick button press to not show my work when desired and the

:)

Pinky jeep, Mar 7, 2023
  2. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Mar 7, 2023
  3. PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Mar 7, 2023
  4. Arun B J Win User

screen comes back on after turning it off

how do I turn off full screen in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

• Are you referring to Start Screen in windows 10?
    If you’re referring to Start screen in windows 10, then I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Go to all Settings.

• Select personalization.

• Select Start from the left panel of the window.

• Turn off Use Start Full Screen and check if it helps.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Thanks and regards.

Arun B J, Mar 7, 2023
Thema:

screen comes back on after turning it off

1. screen comes back on after turning it off - Similar Threads - screen comes turning

2. screen comes back on after turning it off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    screen comes back on after turning it off: In the "Control what the Power Buttons do" section of the control panel I have the Power button selected to turn off the display however, when i actually press the button in person the display turn off as expected then after .5th of a second the screen turns back on...
  3. screen comes back on after turning it off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    screen comes back on after turning it off: In the "Control what the Power Buttons do" section of the control panel I have the Power button selected to turn off the display however, when i actually press the button in person the display turn off as expected then after .5th of a second the screen turns back on...
  4. Computer freezes, then turns off display, and comes back weirdly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer freezes, then turns off display, and comes back weirdly: This happened 4 times already, sometimes, when I'm editing in premiere pro the compute will completely freeze even cursor and caps lock after about 10 seconds, it disable the video output completely, and comes back after about 5 seconds, but when it comes back, it doesnt...
  5. Screen not coming back on after sleep

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Screen not coming back on after sleep: Since the latest update, the screen on my notebook will not come on after waking up from sleep. I can close my lid then re-open it later and it powers on, the keyboard lights up, I hear sounds, but no screen. I have to force shutdown (hold power button) and completely re-boot...
  6. Turning off computer and unable to turn screen back on

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Turning off computer and unable to turn screen back on: I have a Windows 10 Surface, and I am experiencing an ongoing issue with the power/screen. When I click the power button to put the computer to sleep but not shut down, I can usually turn it back on shortly. However, if I leave the screen off for too long, I can't turn it...
  7. Indexing is turned off and wont come back.

in Cortana
    Indexing is turned off and wont come back.: I recently changed the ownership of my hard drive from "Trusted Installer", whoever that is, to my own user ID. Now indexing is turned off for my searches and won't come back. I can't select anything from the indexing options there are no locations displayed, the advanced...
  8. After power off and button goes off it comes back on

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    After power off and button goes off it comes back on: I recently purchased my new laptop a 1 week old. I have called tech twice, I allowed them to take over my computer and its still not fixed. I shut my laptop down completely light goes off. Closed the lid open the lid power light is on. First time I called she removed some...
  9. Screens turning back on immediately after turn off timer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screens turning back on immediately after turn off timer: My screens keep turning back on immediately after the "When plugged in, turn off after X" time is reached. The screens fade to black and seem to be going to sleep like usual, but turn back on immediately. This problem just started happening and the feature worked fine before....
  10. My laptop screen turns off then back on after the log-in screen

in Windows 10 Support
    My laptop screen turns off then back on after the log-in screen: Hi! I reinstalled windows the day before yesterday and since then every time I turn my laptop on after entering my password the screen turns off for like 2 seconds then turns back on. This have never happened to me before. I tried putting my old windows back via Macrium...