Windows 10: Screen/Computer not sleeping in specified time

Discus and support Screen/Computer not sleeping in specified time in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Two days ago (11 Nov 2019) Dell Support reinstalled Windows 10 on my system to fix a problem I was having. Yesterday(12 Nov), a Microsoft Update... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by MesPia, Nov 13, 2019.

1. MesPia Win User

Screen/Computer not sleeping in specified time

Two days ago (11 Nov 2019) Dell Support reinstalled Windows 10 on my system to fix a problem I was having. Yesterday(12 Nov), a Microsoft Update occurred. I currently have Windows 10 Home Version 1903, OS build 18362.476. Since the reinstall and update of Windows, my Sleep settings are not working. I normally have the computer set to sleep after 30 minutes and the screen to sleep after 10 minutes. At least the screen is not shutting down after 10 minutes. In order to test it, I have set the screen to sleep after 1 minute, but it still does not shut down. Any ideas?

:)

MesPia, Nov 13, 2019

2. Windows 10 Upgrade 1903 64 bit Sleep Wakes Up on Multiple Computers

Someone suggested I look at all the drivers list before and after the upgrade. I did, nothing found/changed in drivers.

What I did discover was that after the KB4503327 upgrade, if I put the computer to sleep mode (via power menu,) I discovered the computer wakes up after the minutes set in the "turn off screen".
    So, if the screen shutoff were five minutes and I put the computer to sleep, it would wake up after that amount of time, then turn the screens off after another time period of five minutes.

At this point, I have set the screen turn-off to "never" and any other sleep mode to "never".
    Then, when I put the computer to sleep, it stays asleep.

This issue was never seen until this OS upgrade was installed in the system.

My next step is to upgrade the video adapter (something from 2007) to a new and different model adapter to see if that corrects this issue, or not. For now, my work-around is to set "never" in "sleep mode".

catholicfocus, Nov 13, 2019
  3. Recovery Screen Appears When Computer Attempts to Sleep

I have the same problem, but it's intermittent. (More accurately: I haven't been able to determine the pattern. Likely affected by screen blanking time or system sleep time, as described by OP.)

• Dell XPS 8700
    • i7-4790 processor
    • 24 GB RAM
    • 256 GB mSATA solid state boot drive
    • 64-bit: shipped with Windows 8.1 Pro, upgraded to Windows 10

If you have any suggestions, please share.

Thanks.

damonbrinson, Nov 13, 2019
  4. David Haz Win User

After Windows 10 Anniversary Update Computer Not Sleeping

Hello.

Does disabling the HID-Complaint Touch Screen driver resolves the issue? If yes, we suggest that you disable it and see if your device go into Sleep mode after a period of inactivity.

We also suggest to check if the settings of the Power Options of your device are set so that the device will go into Sleep mode after a period of time. You may follow the steps below to check is Sleep mode is enabled on your device:

• Press the Windows button + X, then click on
      Power Options.
    • Click Change when the computer
      sleeps.
    • Change the settings to your preferred settings.

Keep us updated on the results.

Regards.

David Haz, Nov 13, 2019
Thema:

1. Screen/Computer not sleeping in specified time - Similar Threads - Screen Computer sleeping

2. Screen Time Out Not Saved in Power and Sleep

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screen Time Out Not Saved in Power and Sleep: I have my screen turn off set to one hour in Power and Sleep. Every couple of days it reverts back to 15 minutes and I have to go in to settings and change it again. How do I get this to stay on one hour?...
  3. Screen Time Out Not Saved in Power and Sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen Time Out Not Saved in Power and Sleep: I have my screen turn off set to one hour in Power and Sleep. Every couple of days it reverts back to 15 minutes and I have to go in to settings and change it again. How do I get this to stay on one hour?...
  4. Screen Time Out Not Saved in Power and Sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Screens don't turn off after specified time

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Screens don't turn off after specified time: Good evening I have a computer with Windows 10 Professional, version 20H2, compilation 19042.804, with all updates installed.It turns out that the screens don't turn off after the specified time. So far I have tried a lot of solutions. The first thing that I tried was to...
  6. Sleep time

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sleep time: My screen shuts down after one minute. I've tried all the ways to change it, but nothing happens. How can I fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sleep-time/a1814bcc-f6c4-4b11-ad78-6aef36686202
  7. Schedule a time for computer to turn off/sleep?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Schedule a time for computer to turn off/sleep?: Is there a setting to turn my computer off at 11pm and turn it back on at 7am? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/schedule-a-time-for-computer-to-turn-offsleep/dc0ed1e2-d3e1-4294-bba5-de602ab6b171
  8. Blue Screen error every time my computer goes to sleep/restarts?

Blue Screen error every time my computer goes to sleep/restarts?: I've tried to read up on this online but it seems there can be many issues. I've read some things about event viewer, minidumps, etc. Do you need any of those files? The stop code given is SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED What failed: rtsuvc.sys Any help would be very...
  9. Laptop screen dose not on after it goes off in specified time

Laptop screen dose not on after it goes off in specified time: hello, my laptop screen dose not on after it goes off in specified time. power button led keeps on, hard disk led keeps flashing and wifi button keeps flashing as those dose when in normal so there are no sign of sleep mode when this happens. Just the laptop screen dose not...
  10. computer wakes from sleep at night time

in Windows 10 Support
    computer wakes from sleep at night time: Each morning when I wake up, my computer is on, rather than in sleep mode, as I left it. I have disabled the power of the mouse to wake it. What else can I try to fix this problem? 24004