Windows 10: Screen consistently keeps freezing for a second or two, but I can still move my cursor

Discus and support Screen consistently keeps freezing for a second or two, but I can still move my cursor in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So what'll happen is I'm typing something in Google search, and the screen will like freeze for a sec, and then all my typed letters will appear in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by 1806143 Jules, Apr 9, 2019.

1. Screen consistently keeps freezing for a second or two, but I can still move my cursor

So what'll happen is I'm typing something in Google search, and the screen will like freeze for a sec, and then all my typed letters will appear in fast forward, like, all the lost frames play back in fast forward, it even happened while typing this, I can still move my cursor while this happens All audio plays normally, same happens to Youtube, the video freezes for a second, then all the lost frames play back again in fast forward back to current frame, if that makes sense. It will also happen when scrolling through something, I can't scroll, I realize it's frozen, and then it plays my actions back to me in fast forward to current frame.
    This issue is also affecting video games. The game will freeze at a current frame, but the adui cue will tell me that all my actions are still being registered normally. In this case, the lost frames will NOT play back all the lost frames. It will just skip to the current one.
    Does anyone know how to fix this issue. Some suggest it's my monitor that's doing this, but that doesn't make sense, because I can still move my cursor.
    My PC is a little less than two years old, and the only part that has been replaced are the RAM-sticks (December 2018) I still use the old RAM-stick that was not faulty, meaning I currently have 3 DDR3 4GB RAM-sticks inserted, (12GB)

:)

1806143 Jules, Apr 9, 2019
  2. Daniel262 Win User

Windows 10 screen freezes every 3 seconds when I move the cursor

Hello! Just recently after the Windows 10 update this morning, I noticed that when I move the cursor with my mouse or the touchpad, the screen freezes for 1 second every 3 seconds or so, and it is extremely annoying as I can't even play games! However, the
    screen is perfectly normal when I use the touchpad, and it only freezes when the cursor is moving!

My computer is a Dell Inspiron 15 3878 from 2014

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you in advance!

Moved From:

Daniel262, Apr 9, 2019
  3. Galirn Win User
    Mouse Cursor on second screen changes randomly

• Did the issue only occur when you updated your graphics card?
      • Appears to have only begun with the new graphics card. It's an AMD RX480 card. I uninstalled all Nvidia drivers prior to installing the new AMD drivers. It doesn't occur on the first monitor, only second. Which would indicate either something in the
        translation between monitors or something along those lines.
    • Are your drivers up to date?
      • From my understanding they all are, I try to keep everything up to date.
    • Have you checked if the problem is the mouse itself?
      • I do not currently have a second mouse, but the fact that it's only when it tracks to the second screen. On first screen everything is good. The normal cursor displays, but when I track to the second screen that's when the weirdness happens.
    • Are you using a wired mouse
      • Yes

Galirn, Apr 9, 2019
  4. Screen consistently keeps freezing for a second or two, but I can still move my cursor

Mouse cursor keeps freezing

why does my cursor keep freezing

* Moved from Community Participation Center

***Modified title from: can you tell me why my cursor keeps freezing***

colin johnpurdey, Apr 9, 2019
Thema:

Screen consistently keeps freezing for a second or two, but I can still move my cursor

1. Screen consistently keeps freezing for a second or two, but I can still move my cursor - Similar Threads - Screen consistently keeps

2. Screen freezes but I can move my mouse

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen freezes but I can move my mouse: Recently, I got a new pc, its quite high end, rtx 4070 with a 13th gen intel i7 on windows 11. I have such a high end pc to play games, so I was playing Valorant and I switched tabs over to discord and then my whole screen froze, but I was able to move my mouse. The screen...
  3. Screen freezes but I can move my mouse

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen freezes but I can move my mouse: Recently, I got a new pc, its quite high end, rtx 4070 with a 13th gen intel i7 on windows 11. I have such a high end pc to play games, so I was playing Valorant and I switched tabs over to discord and then my whole screen froze, but I was able to move my mouse. The screen...
  4. PC freezes at random times but I can still move the cursor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC freezes at random times but I can still move the cursor: I recently built a pc but it tends to become unresposive until i reset the whole computer, the mouse still works when it happens but nothing else does.If anyone has a solution for this please let me knowSpecsMotherboard- ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS AMD AM4 latset BIOSCPU- AMD...
  5. PC freezes at random times but I can still move the cursor

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC freezes at random times but I can still move the cursor: I recently built a pc but it tends to become unresposive until i reset the whole computer, the mouse still works when it happens but nothing else does.If anyone has a solution for this please let me knowSpecsMotherboard- ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS AMD AM4 latset BIOSCPU- AMD...
  6. PC freezes at random times but I can still move the cursor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. PC Freezing but can still move my mouse.

PC Freezing but can still move my mouse.: Hello, my PC randomly freezes.List of things I can do while it is frozen:-- I can switch tabsNot on google chrome-- I can open things like Snipping Tool but can't interact with them-- I can open my windows menu but when I search/type something it just goes blank-- I can move...
  8. Mouse hangs, freezes for a split second, every two seconds, when moving the cursor around...

Mouse hangs, freezes for a split second, every two seconds, when moving the cursor around...: I just went through an upgrade to Windows 10 and installed a SSD drive. Fresh install, not much on the machine only MS Office, Adobe Reader and Winzip Utilities Suite. All the drivers have been updated and still the mouse freezes for a split second, every two seconds...
  9. Windows computer freezes but I can still move my mouse.

Windows computer freezes but I can still move my mouse.: Hello I am having a problem that has been getting worse recently. My computer has been freezing, I can still move my mouse but cannot interact with anything else. It starts whenever I use the computer for at least 20 minutes it will freeze up an application. I can briefly...
  10. My Computer keeps dimming. It dims every second if I don't keep moving the cursor.

in Windows 10 Customization
    My Computer keeps dimming. It dims every second if I don't keep moving the cursor.: I actually found the answer thanks to my teenage son. I have an alien computer and tobii eye tracker needed to be turned off. He typed in tobii eye tracker in the search space in after clicking on the windows icon. It wasn't automatically in settings. Has anyone else had this...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. dell g3 15 video freezes every few seconds when typing