Windows 10: screen covering desktop

Discus and support screen covering desktop in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; A separate solid pinkish/brown screen, slightly smaller than my desktop display keeps coming up. It covers my desktop, on my laptop, completely. This... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by mollie1950, Oct 8, 2019.

1. screen covering desktop

A separate solid pinkish/brown screen, slightly smaller than my desktop display keeps coming up. It covers my desktop, on my laptop, completely. This has been happening for a few weeks. I've found a remedy in typing on optimise in my search menu. I'm directed to Optimise Visual Display which opens my "Control Panel>Ease of Access>Ease of Access Center>Make the Computer easier to see". From there I click on the ok button and the offending screen disappears. Sometimes it takes a couple of hits but usually just the one.

I would like some advice on how to stop this happening permanently please.

:)

mollie1950, Oct 8, 2019
  2. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Oct 8, 2019
  3. TIGR Win User
    Poll: Desktop Screen Size

This goes along with my Desktop Screen Res poll. A lot of people have been posting their monitor size in addition to voting in the poll, but I wanted to make an actual poll to put the screen size votes in a more easily readable format.

This is for desktop systems, not laptops. I've tried to include all screen sizes that people are likely to have; if yours is not listed, round up. If you have multiple, different-sized screens, check all that apply. I've also listed projectors as an option.

I didn't list individual sizes over 32" as these are typically not intended as PC monitors; just select "Larger."

TIGR, Oct 8, 2019
  4. emil_tr Win User

screen covering desktop

HTC HD7 cover/case/sheat?

Not sure if it is an appropriate question...

Can anyone suggest me a good cover/case/sheat?

emil_tr, Oct 8, 2019
Thema:

screen covering desktop

1. screen covering desktop - Similar Threads - screen covering desktop

2. desktop program icon covered with file icon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    desktop program icon covered with file icon: how to i shift this file icon thats covering the programm iconthanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-program-icon-covered-with-file-icon/9e877644-1301-417b-83d1-d1a86779ce40
  3. desktop program icon covered with file icon

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    desktop program icon covered with file icon: how to i shift this file icon thats covering the programm iconthanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-program-icon-covered-with-file-icon/9e877644-1301-417b-83d1-d1a86779ce40
  4. desktop program icon covered with file icon

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. My screen is covered in code text

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My screen is covered in code text: My screen is covered with code text, someone told me is CSS, I updated everything, even upgraded to windows 11, restarted, the problem is still there, sometimes it goes away after restarting but it comes back when I open a program...
  6. main screen partially covers collections

in Windows 10 Gaming
    main screen partially covers collections: How to uncover collections ?Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/main-screen-partially-covers-collections/72d191c8-eb67-4c57-8abb-fcdd58e9e865
  7. main screen partially covers collections

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    main screen partially covers collections: How to uncover collections ?Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/main-screen-partially-covers-collections/72d191c8-eb67-4c57-8abb-fcdd58e9e865
  8. Remote Desktop not covering second monitor's taskbar

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Remote Desktop not covering second monitor's taskbar: When maximized on the first monitor, the local computer's taskbar stays on top on the second. This isn't the case if I maximize it on my second monitor. Has anyone else had this issue since the last Windows update? submitted by /u/asdfasdff3wer [link] [comments]...
  9. Desktop background covered by semi-transparent screen

Desktop background covered by semi-transparent screen: My desktop suddenly looks like it has a semi-transparent screen over it. When I click on a program icon on the taskbar, my background will be normal for a second before the program I clicked on pops up....
  10. Desktop is covered by the taskbar when Windows is maximized

Desktop is covered by the taskbar when Windows is maximized: When I maximize Windows, I see the bottom scroll bar behind the task bar. I haven’t had this issue before. I’d like to have the desktop not covered by the taskbar...