Windows 10: Screen crashes when running games

Discus and support Screen crashes when running games in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; This is me running a GPU benchmark. 5 minutes into the benchmark, small black squares started popping up and glitching around the screen. Usually it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by TheBuffOnion, Nov 18, 2023.

1. Screen crashes when running games

This is me running a GPU benchmark. 5 minutes into the benchmark, small black squares started popping up and glitching around the screen. Usually it just blackscreens and I cant do anything, but i got one BSOD that had the error code of "Memory Management". This crash usually occurs when I try to run intensive tasks.System Information:Ryzen 5 5500u with Vega 7 graphics8gb LPDDR4X RAMNvidia MX450Windows 10/11I have already tried using installation media, many times, installing windows 11 and 10, I did the windows memory diagnostic thing, I reinstalled GPU drivers with DDU, and did all the SFC /

:)

TheBuffOnion, Nov 18, 2023
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Nov 18, 2023
  3. all games crash!

ive watch my temps and both the cpu and gpu are within normal ranges. when it freezes it simply freezes the image and stops the sound. i must reboot to get back to windows.

Easy Rhino, Nov 18, 2023
  4. Screen crashes when running games

Artifex Mundi games crashing on opening

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

For better assistance, please share the information:

• Which is the game that you are not able to play on the computer? Is the issue specific to this game?
    • Do you get any error message?
    • Is the issue particular to Artiflex Mundi games or all games?

I suggest you to run the Windows Store Apps troubleshooter by following the steps provided below:

• Type “Troubleshooting” in the search box and press Enter.

• Click on ‘View All’ on the top left pane.

• Click on “Windows Store Apps” from the list and follow the on-screen prompts for troubleshooting.
    Hope this helps. Get back to us with the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Nov 18, 2023
Thema:

Screen crashes when running games

1. Screen crashes when running games - Similar Threads - Screen crashes running

2. PC crashes when downloading games and when running games.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC crashes when downloading games and when running games.: My PC has recently started crashing more often when downloading large games such as GTA which is over 100gb and running games for a long time. I have a feeling something is overheating because my fans are not very decent and extremely loud. I’m unsure how to fix this....
  3. PC crashes when downloading games and when running games.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC crashes when downloading games and when running games.: My PC has recently started crashing more often when downloading large games such as GTA which is over 100gb and running games for a long time. I have a feeling something is overheating because my fans are not very decent and extremely loud. I’m unsure how to fix this....
  4. Screen crashes when running games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen crashes when running games: This is me running a GPU benchmark. 5 minutes into the benchmark, small black squares started popping up and glitching around the screen. Usually it just blackscreens and I cant do anything, but i got one BSOD that had the error code of "Memory Management". This crash usually...
  5. Screen crashes when running games

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Screen crashes when running games: This is me running a benchmark. 5 minutes into the benchmark, small black squares started popping up and glitching around the screen. Usually it just blackscreens and I cant do anything, but i got one BSOD that had the error code of "Memory Management". This crash usually...
  6. Blue Screen when not running games.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blue Screen when not running games.: Hello, I have been having blue screen issues for a while now whenever my PC is not running a high-intensity game. To fix this I have been having to run a game in the background in order to stop it from blue screening but now that isn't enough as I am stuck in a loop and can't...
  7. Blue Screen when not running games.

Blue Screen when not running games.: Hello, I have been having blue screen issues for a while now whenever my PC is not running a high-intensity game. To fix this I have been having to run a game in the background in order to stop it from blue screening but now that isn't enough as I am stuck in a loop and can't...
  8. Black screen when running games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen when running games: Hi,My pc used to be okay until one day the screen goes black when a game is running. I can still hear the game sound but the screen is black or mono color. From then it either stays like that or the game is automatically turned off and the screen comes back up again. I can...
  9. Frequent blue screen crashes, especially when running games

Frequent blue screen crashes, especially when running games: Here is a link to my: DMP files Speccy output MSinfo My computer frequently crashes. It generally runs well otherwise. It mainly crashes when I'm playing or launching video games, but also sometimes when I'm not doing anything that seems computationally intensive eg....
  10. White Screen when running Games

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    White Screen when running Games: For a few weeks now my PC has been crashing when playing games. First it was sometimes a black screen and sometimes a few screen and as soon a the screen appeared a weird static noise appeared for a few seconds. A forced restart was needed to get the PC running again. It...