Windows 10: Screen & Cursor Stuttering

Discus and support Screen & Cursor Stuttering in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I woke up this morning to find that upon moving my cursor, it would stutter about every 1-2 seconds very briefly. I was frustrated and reinstalled... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Merlinsclaw, Apr 3, 2020.

1. Screen & Cursor Stuttering

I woke up this morning to find that upon moving my cursor, it would stutter about every 1-2 seconds very briefly. I was frustrated and reinstalled Windows 10 on a new drive. Everything seemed fine for a while, but the problem showed back up after I tried to reinstall my graphics drivers for Nvidia. I uninstalled the drivers and discovered a few things.

1. Upon booting up my PC, there wouldn't be any stuttering for about 5 seconds before the 'device connected/usb connected' da-ding sound would play and the stuttering would start.

2. If the Nvidia Drivers were installed and then uninstalled, the stuttering would go away before the restart finalized the uninstillation.

Thanks for any help!

:)

Merlinsclaw, Apr 3, 2020
  2. deeneecy Win User

cursor dissappeared

Thank you both for your prompt replies, I tried all steps listed, some I had tries previously but I still tried them again, but still no cursor.

Do you have any other suggestions?

deeneecy, Apr 3, 2020
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Apr 3, 2020
  4. Screen & Cursor Stuttering

Playing HD movies on 60" screen with 560ti stuttering

Is it normal to have stuttering issues on a 60" inch screen trying to play HD movies? It was playing just fine on my 32". It just seems to me that this card should be powerful enough to handle a big screen just playing a movie. Any input on this or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

motherpuncher, Apr 3, 2020
Thema:

Screen & Cursor Stuttering

1. Screen & Cursor Stuttering - Similar Threads - Screen Cursor Stuttering

2. Windows 11 - Cursor Stuttering Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 - Cursor Stuttering Issue: I have a persistent cursor stuttering issue that has made it impossible to use my computer.This issue started happening randomly without applying an new updates. I also tried rolling back the 22H2 update and that did not help. I've tried doing a clean boot with all...
  3. Windows 11 - Cursor Stuttering Issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 - Cursor Stuttering Issue: I have a persistent cursor stuttering issue that has made it impossible to use my computer.This issue started happening randomly without applying an new updates. I also tried rolling back the 22H2 update and that did not help. I've tried doing a clean boot with all...
  4. cursor stutters nonstop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cursor stutters nonstop: Hey, out of nowhere, when I lunched my PC I saw my cursor stuttering!, at first I thought that the pc might just not be lunched properly yet so I ignored it, afterwards when I lunched an fps game, my aim was stuttering too!, thats when I got worried and tried to fix it on my...
  5. cursor stutters nonstop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cursor stutters nonstop: Hey, out of nowhere, when I lunched my PC I saw my cursor stuttering!, at first I thought that the pc might just not be lunched properly yet so I ignored it, afterwards when I lunched an fps game, my aim was stuttering too!, thats when I got worried and tried to fix it on my...
  6. Game Stutters with cursor as well, only in the game

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Game Stutters with cursor as well, only in the game: I haved stuttering lately, my older pc doesn't do that at least I haven't seen it happening. Old pc: an i5 7760K with 32GB ram at 2666MHz and an SSD Samsung, Radeon RTX480/8GB with windows 10 pro, that thing cost me close to 1500 euros back when I did it in 2015. New pc: it...
  7. cursor stuttering

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    cursor stuttering: my cursor stutters when a software is lagging. and its very annoying especially when playing minecraft bedrock. the cursor just stutters for a split second and goes back to normal. this happens so many times...
  8. Minecraft windows 10 stuttering cursor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft windows 10 stuttering cursor: When im playing minecraft the mouse movement is stuttering when slightly losing fps. pls help me fix cuz this is very annoying https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/minecraft-windows-10-stuttering-cursor/76314342-03d8-4cc7-9623-1645cfada5aa
  9. Stuttering Screen in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Stuttering Screen in Windows 10: Good Morning, I would like question regarding my problematic laptop. My brother gave me his laptop. The laptop had a broken lcd but the cursor and the screen was moving smoothly. But after like 30 minutes, the cursor was lagging and so is the screen. I tried fixing it by...
  10. My mouse/cursor stutters when I move it across the screen?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My mouse/cursor stutters when I move it across the screen?: I updated my graphics card and noticed my mouse was stuttering and lagging whenever I moved it across the screen. The problem persists on the touchpad as well. This hasn’t happened before and I’m not sure how to troubleshoot this. Any help is appreciated! Edit: Just to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why is my screen arrow stuttering