Windows 10: Screen dark and keyboard not responding after a recent Windows 10 update (14May2019)

Discus and support Screen dark and keyboard not responding after a recent Windows 10 update (14May2019) in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My Lenovo Z40-70 was working perfectly fine until it went dark after the recent Windows 10 update on May 14, 2019. I received a message for a Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by anilbhalani, May 20, 2019.

1. Screen dark and keyboard not responding after a recent Windows 10 update (14May2019)

My Lenovo Z40-70 was working perfectly fine until it went dark after the recent Windows 10 update on May 14, 2019.

I received a message for a Windows 10 update. I selected "Restart Now" and left the computer to update Windows 10. I returned about 3 hours later to a dark screen and with a keyboard that does not respond. I tried the following:

1) Turned Off and On the computer in many different ways and even using the Lenovo One key to start the computer when there is trouble. Yes, did it with the battery removed.

2) Reboot using a Windows Installation disk. Can hear the disk spinning but since I cant see anything on the screen; I cant sselect anything or respond to what the disk is doing.

Any suggestions?

(Except use a hammer and hacksaw. I have purchased a new computer to keep working!)

:)

anilbhalani, May 20, 2019
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, May 20, 2019
  3. Rey Cam Win User
    Keyboard stops responding since last Windows update

Hi,

The latest update may have caused an altered setting in your keyboard configuration.
    Let us run the troubleshooter for Windows 10 keyboard to determine the cause of the issue and fix it.

Kindly follow the steps below:

• Select
      Start
      (Windows logo on the lower left corner of your screen).
    • Click
      Settings.
    • Click
      on Update & security
    • Choose
      Troubleshoot.
    • Under the
      Troubleshoot page, click on
      Keyboard, Find and fix problems with your computer's keyboard.
    • Then click on
      Run the troubleshooter.
    • Kindly check your basic keyboard functions (without the game on) and see if the issue was fixed.

If the issue persists you may also follow the steps under Mouse, touchpad, and keyboard problems in Windows.

If the above steps will not work, kindly get back to us with
    current version and build number of your Windows 10 Computer.

To know these details, follow the steps below:

• Select the
      Start
      button.

• Type
      About your PC.
    • Press
      Enter
      to find out the version and build number of your Windows 10 PC.

Let us know what happens after doing the above-mentioned troubleshooting steps.

Rey Cam, May 20, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Screen dark and keyboard not responding after a recent Windows 10 update (14May2019)

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 20, 2019
Thema:

Screen dark and keyboard not responding after a recent Windows 10 update (14May2019)

1. Screen dark and keyboard not responding after a recent Windows 10 update (14May2019) - Similar Threads - Screen dark keyboard

2. Keyboard has stopped responding after the recent windows update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard has stopped responding after the recent windows update: Keyboard has stopped responding with the recent windows update and I have tried to uninstall the keyboard driver and I have let the windows to reinstall during the new start, but still the issue persists , not sure how to proceed further on this and w.r.t. hardware I am not...
  3. Keyboard has stopped responding after the recent windows update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard has stopped responding after the recent windows update: Keyboard has stopped responding with the recent windows update and I have tried to uninstall the keyboard driver and I have let the windows to reinstall during the new start, but still the issue persists , not sure how to proceed further on this and w.r.t. hardware I am not...
  4. On screen keyboard not responding

in Windows 10 Gaming
    On screen keyboard not responding: I'm having problems with Windows 11 on my Surface Pro 7. The on screen keyboard frequently shows 'not responding' or is just unresponsive. I'm not sure if it's related but it often takes more than one click of the mouse to wake an app on the Taskbar. I have tried another...
  5. On screen keyboard not responding

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    On screen keyboard not responding: I'm having problems with Windows 11 on my Surface Pro 7. The on screen keyboard frequently shows 'not responding' or is just unresponsive. I'm not sure if it's related but it often takes more than one click of the mouse to wake an app on the Taskbar. I have tried another...
  6. Keyboard issues after recent update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard issues after recent update: After an update the other day, the following keys stopped functioning: / Z 4 I thought it would be strange if it was water damage or dirt considering I don't eat or drink near it, and it stays in the same spot. Also the fact the position of those keys are spread out, is a bit...
  7. Unable to change the dark mode after the recent update!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unable to change the dark mode after the recent update!: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Alexiszain [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ijapa4/unable_to_change_the_dark_mode_after_the_recent/
  8. zap2it not responding after recent Windows update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    zap2it not responding after recent Windows update: The web site zap2it.com (tvlistings.zap2it.com) now gives the message (not responding) in Google Chrome after I installed the most recent update for Windows 10, version 1903. The site works in other browsers and worked fine before the 1903 update. I've used to site for years...
  9. Extremely dark screen after Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Extremely dark screen after Windows 10 update: 4 days ago after Windows 10 update my screen went black on start up...(black or so i thought).. It worked on hdmi to the TV so thought that the problem was hardware connection from laptop to laptop screen.. Worked on the tv for a few days via hdmi.. Desktop screen operated as...
  10. Keyboard and mouse not responding in Windows 10 after update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard and mouse not responding in Windows 10 after update: Hello everyone, Last week I was doing an update for my laptop. The next day I put my laptop on and the keyboard and mouse weren't working. I am stuck on the lock screen (the screen before you can login). The time on the screen was moving so the screen isn't frozen. In...