Windows 10: Screen dimming and brightening on its own.

Discus and support Screen dimming and brightening on its own. in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; My monitor seems to be dimming and brightening on its own. My system is a desktop with a monitor which is really a flatscreen tv. Everytime I close... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by Shiflerg, May 21, 2018.

1. Shiflerg Win User

Screen dimming and brightening on its own.

My monitor seems to be dimming and brightening on its own. My system is a desktop with a monitor which is really a flatscreen tv.

Everytime I close out something the screen dims. When I open up something it brightens again but it may not stay bright. When doing MS Word it will dim and brighten as I do key strokes or scrolling.

Right now as I'm composing this thread, it is staying bright.

I just scrolled up to the top of the screen and it dimmed (looking for post button which I now see is below and not up).

:)

Shiflerg, May 21, 2018
  2. steviegt Win User

Start menu dims and brightens on it's own

Start menu dims and brightens on it's own. My settings are to use "Dark". The entire start menu, text and icons go dark or become greyed out (everything still works if clicked on) and after a few seconds all become bright or normal/active.

steviegt, May 21, 2018
  3. Sharmian Win User
    After upgrade to Windows 10, screen keeps dimming, then brightening!

I have updated the Display adapters as per another answer, but the dim/brighten/dim/brighten issues seems to be persisting. Can anyone suggest another remedy please. My laptop is an HP Pavilion.

Sharmian, May 21, 2018
Thema:

Screen dimming and brightening on its own.

1. Screen dimming and brightening on its own. - Similar Threads - Screen dimming brightening

2. CONSTANT Sudden brightening of screen, then slow dimming with a SUDDEN brightening again.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CONSTANT Sudden brightening of screen, then slow dimming with a SUDDEN brightening again.: The screen on my windows desktop computers keep dimming and brightening. It is not the monitor, it only does it with 2 computers that run windows. It does not do it with the same desktop computers running the exact same hardware, with the exact same cables when they boot...
  3. CONSTANT Sudden brightening of screen, then slow dimming with a SUDDEN brightening again.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CONSTANT Sudden brightening of screen, then slow dimming with a SUDDEN brightening again.: The screen on my windows desktop computers keep dimming and brightening. It is not the monitor, it only does it with 2 computers that run windows. It does not do it with the same desktop computers running the exact same hardware, with the exact same cables when they boot...
  4. My screen display would brighten or dim on its own. How do I turn this option off?

in Windows 10 Customization
    My screen display would brighten or dim on its own. How do I turn this option off?: I dont want my screen of my laptop to automatically dim or brighten on its own. I checked the display settings under Brightness and Color. There is no option for "Automatic brightness". I already updated my drivers to the latest. So, I came here to ask for your support. Is...
  5. windows brighten and dim on their own? there is no adaptive brightness setting though?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    windows brighten and dim on their own? there is no adaptive brightness setting though?: hi, i have googled and worked on this for weeks. sometimes windows seem to just brighten and dim all on their own. its usually just browser windows or the desktop, games and programs never seem to do it. it especially seems to do it on pages with alot of whitespace. its not...
  6. Display dims and brightens randomly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Display dims and brightens randomly: So I recently got this laptop a few days ago it's a Lenovo Yoga c740 14" and I've been having this weird issue that whenever I watch any type of videos my display dims a little bit and then brightens randomly. When I'm on a website this doesn't seem to happen it only happens...
  7. Screen randomly dims or brightens

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Screen randomly dims or brightens: My HP laptop recently started dimming or brightening randomly, while plugged in to charge. And for the past month my battery dies quickly with usage. I had to install a couple new apps, but they're through Microsoft store, and are off when not in use. What is happening?...
  8. Windows 10 dimming on its own

Windows 10 dimming on its own: I use my laptop for photo editing and have calibrated the display with brightness set at 32. My problem is that the display dims after some time at its own going from 16 then 8 , 4 and eventually 0. This cause the calibration to be off. I would like the brightness to stay...
  9. Brightness dimming on its own

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Brightness dimming on its own: It has been going on forever and I am getting sick of it. When I am playing a game or watching a movie, the brightness goes down it dims all by itself.. But the bar does not so I have to scroll it up and down till it goes back to normal. I have checked the nightlight and all...
  10. Screen dims and brightens every few seconds

Screen dims and brightens every few seconds: The screen on my Dell Inspiron 5555 laptop keeps dimming then brightening every few seconds. I'm running Windows 10 with the October 2018 update. I've tried to adjust the battery settings, the power mode, and the brightness, but I've had no luck solving the problem. Is...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. screen keeps dimming and brightening

2. microsoft power book screen dimming and brightening on its own

3. windows 10 laptop screen dimming and then brightening

4. screen dims when cursor stops moving,
  5. in wow monitor dims and brightens on its own,
  6. screen keeps dimming and brightening on HP laptop,
  7. monitor dims and brightens on its own,
  8. laptop screen dimming every few seconds,
  9. screen dimming on its own windows 10,
  10. monitor keeps dimming and brightening,
  11. windows 10 screen dimming then brightening