Windows 10: Screen Dimming Issue

Discus and support Screen Dimming Issue in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My laptop suddenly started dimming randomly. It seems to happen whenever the laptop is performing a CPU intensive task or something. Basically, the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by BradenTerpstra, Aug 17, 2019.

1. Screen Dimming Issue

My laptop suddenly started dimming randomly. It seems to happen whenever the laptop is performing a CPU intensive task or something. Basically, the screen dims for a second and then goes back to its original brightness. This can happen multiple times a minute. Then it stops. Then it comes back. Then it stops doing it. It is pretty random. Not sure if an update messed it up or what, but I have yet to be able to fix it. If I remember correctly, the issues started once I launched Davinci Resolve for the first time. It could just be a coincidence, but that is when I remember noticing it first. Any help is greatly appreciated! Thanks!

My laptop is running Windows 10-1903 64bit with all the latest patches and updates installed. All drivers have been updated to the latest versions. It's a Dell Latitude E6540 with a Core i5.

:)

BradenTerpstra, Aug 17, 2019
  2. Macjei Win User

Weird screen dimming issue.

For the last few weeks I've had this bizarre issue where my screen will randomly dim. I can't click on anything when this happens.. The only way to fix it, is to either restart my computer or re-log.

Any suggestions?

Macjei, Aug 17, 2019
  3. GAS
    Gas Win User
    Weird screen dimming issue.

Your system Specs are very usefull, someone will surely help you about this issue. *chuckle

4. Fool Win User

Screen Dimming Issue

How to dim screen?

I tried googling Windows Ten, "how to dim screen," but the layout listed is not the layout I have. I just got Ten yesterday. How do you dim the screen?

I can't even find the options in the Display section.

Thema:

Screen Dimming Issue

1. Screen Dimming Issue - Similar Threads - Screen Dimming Issue

2. Screen dimming and video playback issues.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Screen dimming and video playback issues.: Hello! Recently my laptop has been having some issues. I've noticed that now-a-days whenever I put my laptop in charging, the screen brightens, and when I unplug it, it dims. I've also seen a similar thing in video playback. Whenever I'm watching netflix, or just even a...
  3. dimming the screen

dimming the screen: I'd like to lower the brightness even further than the display options show. My slider is all the way to the left. It would be great if there was a slider that could lower it all the way to black, as the screen is still far too bright. -Zach...
  4. unwanted screen dimming

in Windows 10 Customization
    unwanted screen dimming: Whenever I switch from a bright screen to a dark screen my screen dims automatically. It's very subtle, but I still notice it and it bothers me because I don't know how to stop it from happening. I've already tried turning off battery save mode, automatic brightness, and...
  5. Dell XPS screen dimming

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dell XPS screen dimming: I have a Dell XPS 15 9560 version 10.0.17763 Build 17763 running Windows 10 Home. I run 2 monitors through a Dell Thunderbolt docking station connected to my laptop via USB Type C. Its a great setup. When my laptop screen turns off because I am absent, it usually dims my...
  6. Dim Screen

Dim Screen: Why did my screen go dim as soon as I plug in the charging cord? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dim-screen/229140df-7839-4113-9130-6b0f03674361
  7. Items on the screen are dim

in Windows 10 Customization
    Items on the screen are dim: The items on my screen are dim. I have to open the item to make it bright. When I close the app or this icon, it goes dim again. I think this issue came up with the last update. My system is Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, it is a Samsung, a desktop. I this all the drivers are updated...
  8. Automatic screen dimming.

in Windows 10 Support
    Automatic screen dimming.: This annoys me for some time now. And I tried everything I can, but can't seem to fix it. I reinstalled windows several times (actually, seven times), trying to get an update to not install, but it still got installed. So basically, what's happening is that whenever my...
  9. How to dim screen?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to dim screen?: I tried googling Windows Ten, "how to dim screen," but the layout listed is not the layout I have. I just got Ten yesterday. How do you dim the screen? I can't even find the options in the Display section. 87767
  10. Weird screen dimming issue.

in Windows 10 Support
    Weird screen dimming issue.: For the last few weeks I've had this bizarre issue where my screen will randomly dim. I can't click on anything when this happens.. The only way to fix it, is to either restart my computer or re-log. Any suggestions? 39736