Windows 10: Screen Dimming Issue

Discus and support Screen Dimming Issue in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My laptop suddenly started dimming randomly. It seems to happen whenever the laptop is performing a CPU intensive task or something. Basically, the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by BradenTerpstra, Aug 17, 2019.

1. Screen Dimming Issue

My laptop suddenly started dimming randomly. It seems to happen whenever the laptop is performing a CPU intensive task or something. Basically, the screen dims for a second and then goes back to its original brightness. This can happen multiple times a minute. Then it stops. Then it comes back. Then it stops doing it. It is pretty random. Not sure if an update messed it up or what, but I have yet to be able to fix it. If I remember correctly, the issues started once I launched Davinci Resolve for the first time. It could just be a coincidence, but that is when I remember noticing it first. Any help is greatly appreciated! Thanks!

My laptop is running Windows 10-1903 64bit with all the latest patches and updates installed. All drivers have been updated to the latest versions. It's a Dell Latitude E6540 with a Core i5.

:)

BradenTerpstra, Aug 17, 2019
  2. Macjei Win User

Weird screen dimming issue.

For the last few weeks I've had this bizarre issue where my screen will randomly dim. I can't click on anything when this happens.. The only way to fix it, is to either restart my computer or re-log.

Any suggestions?

Macjei, Aug 17, 2019
  3. GAS
    Gas Win User
    Weird screen dimming issue.

Your system Specs are very usefull, someone will surely help you about this issue. *chuckle

4. Fool Win User

Screen Dimming Issue

How to dim screen?

I tried googling Windows Ten, "how to dim screen," but the layout listed is not the layout I have. I just got Ten yesterday. How do you dim the screen?

I can't even find the options in the Display section.

Thema:

Screen Dimming Issue

1. Screen Dimming Issue - Similar Threads - Screen Dimming Issue

2. screen dimming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    screen dimming: Screen dimming wont turn off when I have split tabs https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-dimming/58c5a185-c1e2-4a9f-bf5f-7aa1d3d0be1d
  3. screen dimming

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    screen dimming: Screen dimming wont turn off when I have split tabs https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-dimming/58c5a185-c1e2-4a9f-bf5f-7aa1d3d0be1d
  4. Dim Screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Dim Screen: Why is my screen like this?My screen suddenly dims whenever I open minimized appsSomeone help me pleaseI have already tried doing several system restores, sfc /scannow but none worked.It doesn't get dim for some time after a system restore is complete. But if I restart the...
  5. Dim Screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dim Screen: Why is my screen like this?My screen suddenly dims whenever I open minimized appsSomeone help me pleaseI have already tried doing several system restores, sfc /scannow but none worked.It doesn't get dim for some time after a system restore is complete. But if I restart the...
  6. Screen Dimming

Screen Dimming: Hello, Ever since a few days ago, the screen brightness on my Surface Laptop keeps reducing to the minimum. I have turned off automatic adjustment to brightness in the Display section in Settings, and still this keeps happening. The brightness indicator on the top left of...
  7. Windows 10 Screen Dim Issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Screen Dim Issue: Custom Built Computer Tower with Windows 10 Screen Dimming Issue Under my About photo here [ATTACH] I have checked to see if I have adaptive brightness and I don't screen shot below [ATTACH] Video Card Up to date of AMD Sapphire RX 580 8GB Screen shot below...
  8. Screen dimming and video playback issues.

Screen dimming and video playback issues.: Hello! Recently my laptop has been having some issues. I've noticed that now-a-days whenever I put my laptop in charging, the screen brightens, and when I unplug it, it dims. I've also seen a similar thing in video playback. Whenever I'm watching netflix, or just even a...
  9. dimming the screen

dimming the screen: I'd like to lower the brightness even further than the display options show. My slider is all the way to the left. It would be great if there was a slider that could lower it all the way to black, as the screen is still far too bright. -Zach...
  10. Weird screen dimming issue.

in Windows 10 Support
    Weird screen dimming issue.: For the last few weeks I've had this bizarre issue where my screen will randomly dim. I can't click on anything when this happens.. The only way to fix it, is to either restart my computer or re-log. Any suggestions? 39736