Windows 10: Screen dims on dark screens on desktop, no option to turn of adaptive brightness

Discus and support Screen dims on dark screens on desktop, no option to turn of adaptive brightness in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; So i just built a new computer and everytime i open a dark screen ie windows settings menus, starting up sea of thieves the screen dims until the color... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Pugdad1990, Oct 30, 2020.

1. Screen dims on dark screens on desktop, no option to turn of adaptive brightness

So i just built a new computer and everytime i open a dark screen ie windows settings menus, starting up sea of thieves the screen dims until the color lightens up or a tab over to a brighter window. Before anyone suggests change the adaptive brightness, I've tried, there is no option to do so and alot of the suggestions I've googled are not available in the current windows settings. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

:)

Pugdad1990, Oct 30, 2020

2. Screen dimming even at 100% brightness

Hi recently bought a Lenovo laptop, a Lenovo V14-ARE laptop, and as soon as I turned it on I noticed, when I put it on 100% brightness it is bright and vivid but then it dims. After a while, the screen brightens again then proceeds to dim once again in a
    few seconds. When I plug it in to charge, the screen is bright and vivid but as soon as I unplug it, it dims. I already left clicked on the power icon in the task bar, went to power options and selected "choose when to turn off the display", clicked "change
    advanced power settings", scrolled down to "display" and opened its list, but the only option I have for the display's list is "turn off display after", in the Youtube videos I've seen they have an "adaptive brightness" setting or something like that and that
    fixes their problem but I don't have that option. My power plan is also in high performance and everything is "on battery" but the problem still happens.

Can this problem be fixed?

PestoiSauce, Oct 30, 2020
  3. YihongLiu Win User
    Screen auto dims when the backdrop is dark

I have disabled adaptive brightness, as well in my Intel Graphics Control Panel I have disabled display power saving technology. However whenever the backdrop is dark, the screen still dims. I have a Dell Inspiron 15 3000 series. Even when I have the computer
    plugged in the screen dims when there is a dark backdrop.

YihongLiu, Oct 30, 2020
  4. Screen dims on dark screens on desktop, no option to turn of adaptive brightness

Screen keeps dimming

Hey,

I have a predator helios 300 laptop (G3-571-77QK)

The screen dims depending on the colors on my screen. Example... I open a website whose home screen is dark colors, and my entire screen dims. I've tried to turn off night light, adaptive brightness... Nothing works.
    I want it off so I don't have to keep readjusting my brightness.

mohanadhmoud, Oct 30, 2020
Thema:

Screen dims on dark screens on desktop, no option to turn of adaptive brightness

1. Screen dims on dark screens on desktop, no option to turn of adaptive brightness - Similar Threads - Screen dims dark

2. Screen dims when the majority of the screen is dark

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen dims when the majority of the screen is dark: It's hard to explain but whenever the majority of the screen is dark the computer dims, this is especially annoying when I'm playing dark games like Carrion or just using steam since the lighting is all messed up and it's actually painful to look at, I've tried searching but...
  3. Screen dims when the majority of the screen is dark

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen dims when the majority of the screen is dark: It's hard to explain but whenever the majority of the screen is dark the computer dims, this is especially annoying when I'm playing dark games like Carrion or just using steam since the lighting is all messed up and it's actually painful to look at, I've tried searching but...
  4. Screen dims when the majority of the screen is dark

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Screen Brightness Dims When Full Screen.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Screen Brightness Dims When Full Screen.: Hi, Every time I'm in full screen mode for example YouTube, or even full screen F11 in browser my screen dims automatically with no option to turn down the brightness. When I exit full screen, it goes back to the brightness level I had before. Lenovo Yoga 11S. Windows 10...
  6. My screen brightness it at 100%, but still seems a bit dim. There is no adaptive brightness...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My screen brightness it at 100%, but still seems a bit dim. There is no adaptive brightness...: thanks submitted by /u/ThrowawayOak [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ekt8s4/my_screen_brightness_it_at_100_but_still_seems_a/
  7. Screen dimming on dark web pages.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Screen dimming on dark web pages.: I'm using a Windows Surface 3 Laptop with an AMD. Fir some reason whenever i'm on battery and on a dark web page the screen dims. It's pretty annoying. Does anyone know a fix for this ? Thanks. submitted by /u/babygorilla90 [link] [comments]...
  8. Screen Brightness dims automatically

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screen Brightness dims automatically: Hi I have been recently using windows 10 and I am having problem with my screen brightness that dims automatically either when do a movement or the screen changes. I tried to disable the adaptive brightness but that didn't helped as the option isn't available. Here is the...
  9. Screen keeps randomly dimming when scrolling; no option for Adaptive Brightness in...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Screen keeps randomly dimming when scrolling; no option for Adaptive Brightness in...: The screen of my Dell XPS 13 keeps randomly dimming when scrolling. There is no option for Adaptive Brightness in my power settings for Windows 10. How do I make it stop doing this? It's incredibly frustrating....
  10. Screen auto-dims on dark pages

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Screen auto-dims on dark pages: Once again after the latest Windows 10 update Microsoft forcefully put in my laptop, my display keeps dimming on me while in use. I have to-do an hour of troubleshooting and research to figure out what setting to disable every time an update occurs, then I figure it out and...