Windows 10: Screen dims when no charging

Discus and support Screen dims when no charging in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; When my laptop is not charging the screen dims a lot, and the only way to get it to be brights again is to plug it in. submitted by /u/ext-meticulous... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ext-meticulous, Aug 31, 2020.

1. Screen dims when no charging

When my laptop is not charging the screen dims a lot, and the only way to get it to be brights again is to plug it in.

submitted by /u/ext-meticulous
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ext-meticulous, Aug 31, 2020
  2. Fool Win User

How to dim screen?

I tried googling Windows Ten, "how to dim screen," but the layout listed is not the layout I have. I just got Ten yesterday. How do you dim the screen?

I can't even find the options in the Display section.

3. ELF_708 Win User
    Screen dims and brightens every few seconds

Thank you! I did what you suggested and no dice. Its not just dimming though. The slide bar that appears when I click the battery icon in the bottom right corner of the screen is randomly moving back and forth. It looks like its cycling every few seconds
    between charging and not charging.

I shut down, took off the battery, plugged in the ac adapter, and rebooted. Then I uninstalled software under device manager>battery, shutdown again, reinstalled the battery, and restarted. The battery charged up to 68% then the screen started dimming
    again. Will try the fix suggested by the other respondent. I'm also trying to charge fully, drain fully 3 times. If you have other suggestions, feel free! Thank you!

ELF_708, Aug 31, 2020
  4. Screen dims when no charging

Dim Screen

Why did my screen go dim as soon as I plug in the charging cord?

SFResearcher, Aug 31, 2020
Thema:

Screen dims when no charging

1. Screen dims when no charging - Similar Threads - Screen dims charging

2. Screen dims when the majority of the screen is dark

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen dims when the majority of the screen is dark: It's hard to explain but whenever the majority of the screen is dark the computer dims, this is especially annoying when I'm playing dark games like Carrion or just using steam since the lighting is all messed up and it's actually painful to look at, I've tried searching but...
  3. Screen dims when the majority of the screen is dark

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen dims when the majority of the screen is dark: It's hard to explain but whenever the majority of the screen is dark the computer dims, this is especially annoying when I'm playing dark games like Carrion or just using steam since the lighting is all messed up and it's actually painful to look at, I've tried searching but...
  4. Screen dims when the majority of the screen is dark

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Screen Dimming when Power is Disconnected

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Screen Dimming when Power is Disconnected: Hello,I'm having this problem that when I unplug my laptop, the screen dims a bit. I've checked the brightness level and I'm sure it is set to high. I've even reinstalled windows and it still isn't working. The only solution I am able to get is to disable the Windows...
  6. Screen dims whenever not charged (not using intel)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Screen dims whenever not charged (not using intel): Whenever my computer is unplugged, the screen dims. I may be wrong but I don't think that this happened around a month ago. Also, I am using Ryzen 7 and Radeon graphics, and not intel. submitted by /u/The_Fantaz [link] [comments]...
  7. Display dims on battery power, even when fully charged.

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Display dims on battery power, even when fully charged.: Hi All, An annoying problem here, can you please help me. My laptop display dims on battery power, even when fully charged. Every time I need to readjust the brightness. I went through the settings I could not get the setting where we set brightness for Battery and...
  8. Display dims on battery power, even when fully charged.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Display dims on battery power, even when fully charged.: Hi All, An annoying problem here, can you please help me. My laptop display dims on battery power, even when fully charged. Every time I need to readjust the brightness. I went through the settings I could not get the setting where we set brightness for Battery and...
  9. Screen Dims when in full screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Screen Dims when in full screen: For the past 3-4 months my screen randomly started dimming when I go fullscreen in various applications. I originally thought it was an Overwatch problem, but it has also happened in zoom whenever someone screenshares. I have tried everything I have found online, messed with...
  10. Screen Brightness Dims When Full Screen.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Screen Brightness Dims When Full Screen.: Hi, Every time I'm in full screen mode for example YouTube, or even full screen F11 in browser my screen dims automatically with no option to turn down the brightness. When I exit full screen, it goes back to the brightness level I had before. Lenovo Yoga 11S. Windows 10...