Windows 10: Screen display after update

Discus and support Screen display after update in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My update completed on my Asus laptop today. My screen is now skewed. In the center 1/3 the graphics look alright. Proper icon size, text, colors... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by 148MichaelStewart, Oct 17, 2020.

1. Screen display after update

My update completed on my Asus laptop today.

My screen is now skewed.

In the center 1/3 the graphics look alright. Proper icon size, text, colors etc. This is 1/2 of my formerly full display.

The left 1/3 is skewed smaller and to the left further with the text and picture as if I need to be further to the left to read and see them accurately. This is the left half of my former display.

The right 1/3 of the display has a white band about 3/4" wide and then the rest is black. These portions are unusable by controls.

This, in effect makes my laptop unusable.

:)

148MichaelStewart, Oct 17, 2020

2. screen display

Hi William,

It is important that you have the correct screen display and resolution. We suggest that you perform the following steps to reset the monitor settings:

• Boot your computer in
      safe mode
    • Once in safe mode, right-click the desktop > Screen Resolution.
    • Change the display settings back to the original configuration.
    • Restart your computer.

Feel free to update us on the result.

Rachelle Gra, Oct 17, 2020
  3. win 10 update leaves vertical pink line on screen

today i applied latest win 10 update and now i have a vertical pink line on screen, it remains on every screen. i have tried these fixes

Step 1: I suggest you to run SFC scan,
    System File Checkeris a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type “sfc /scannow” without the quotes and hit
      Enter.
    • After the scan, restart the computer and check for the issue.
    Step 2: Also, I suggest you to update the display drivers and check.

Steps to Update the Display Adapter driver.

• Press Windows key + Xkey when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapter.
    • Right on the Display Adapter and click on
      Update driver software
    BUT i still have the line on screen.

tinacaston, Oct 17, 2020
  4. Vicky Acs Win User

Screen display after update

Screen display is too bright and not as sharp as before

Hi,

We suggest you to follow the methods below to troubleshoot screen display issue d check if it helps.

Method 1: Perform System Maintenance troubleshooter.

Follow the steps to perform System maintenance check to improve performance of the computer:

• Press Windows and x key together and select Control Panel.
    • Click on Troubleshooting.
    • Click on View all on the left side panel.
    • Click on System Maintenance and follow the onscreen instructions.

Method 2: Update display adapter driver.

Step 1: Check for the latest driver update through Windows Updates.

• Type Windows Update in the search box on task bar, and hit Enter.
    • Click or tap Settings on the right side of the screen, and then select Install optional updates from the left results.
    • When the Windows Update control panel opens, click on “Check for Updates” on the top left corner to receive a fresh list of updates.
    Incompatible or not properly installed graphics card drivers are the most common cause of this issue.

Step 2: Follow the steps below to update the graphics/display drivers.

• Press Windows + X key on the keyboard.
    • Go to device manager.
    • Right-click your display device.
    • Click Update Driver Software and then follow the steps in the wizard that appears.
    • Restart the computer.
    Update us with the result.

Thank you.

Vicky Acs, Oct 17, 2020
Thema:

Screen display after update

1. Screen display after update - Similar Threads - Screen display update

2. No laptop screen won't display on monitor after driver update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No laptop screen won't display on monitor after driver update: I was performing a clean install of the new Nvidia driver for my laptop and the screen just went black I had broke the laptop screen so I can't use that I took the whole screen and hinge off a while ago so it's just the keyboard and motherboard. I have tried everything. It...
  3. No laptop screen won't display on monitor after driver update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No laptop screen won't display on monitor after driver update: I was performing a clean install of the new Nvidia driver for my laptop and the screen just went black I had broke the laptop screen so I can't use that I took the whole screen and hinge off a while ago so it's just the keyboard and motherboard. I have tried everything. It...
  4. Screen display brightness problem after updating window 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen display brightness problem after updating window 10: Hello , I have bought lenovo thinkpad x1 yoga core i5 6th gen. And an older version of Window 10 was already installed.As i updated all the updates in window 10 , suddenly screen started issue , i don't know a specific name for this .but the screen brightness flickers . do...
  5. Screen display brightness problem after updating window 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen display brightness problem after updating window 10: Hello , I have bought lenovo thinkpad x1 yoga core i5 6th gen. And an older version of Window 10 was already installed.As i updated all the updates in window 10 , suddenly screen started issue , i don't know a specific name for this .but the screen brightness flickers . do...
  6. Screen display brightness problem after updating window 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. distorted display screen on start up after windows update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    distorted display screen on start up after windows update: please i started having distorted screen on my laptop after updating to the windows 10 version 2004, i need help to get this fixed because i have to switch off the laptop and on again every time i boot it and am afraid ..............
  8. Blue screen of death after updating Display drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Blue screen of death after updating Display drivers: Error:- BSOD :- Critical_Process_Died and few other like Thread_stuck_in_Driver Tried all troubleshooting steps but no avail. Happens when I update the Graphic drivers >>Safe Mode and reboot issue persists. >>Reinstalled OS >>Recreated drivers >>same issue after updating...
  9. Unable to change the screen brightness after display driver update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to change the screen brightness after display driver update: Hello , About the problem I have updated the Intel UHD Graphics 620 From : 26.20.100.7990 version To : 27.20.100.7990 version Through the windows update option in the settings It was a Display Driver Update and has been successfully updated and installed . After...
  10. Display screen doesn't come on after windows update on laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Display screen doesn't come on after windows update on laptop: Display screen doesn't come on after windows update on laptop. The laptop turn on, I hear laptop running but the display screen doesn't come on....