Windows 10: Screen display brightness lost

Discus and support Screen display brightness lost in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; why have I lost control of screen brightness after the last update. I cannot control or see my screen in a brighter mode. I can only just see my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Marnie1941, Apr 1, 2021.

1. Screen display brightness lost

why have I lost control of screen brightness after the last update. I cannot control or see my screen in a brighter mode. I can only just see my screen.

:)

Marnie1941, Apr 1, 2021

2. screen brightness on windows 10

Hi,

Some computers can let Windows automatically adjust screen brightness based on the current lighting conditions.

To manually adjust the screen brightness, we suggest following these troubleshooting steps:

• Click Start, then select Settings.
    • Choose System, then select Display.
    • Under Brightness and color, move the Change brightness slider to adjust the brightness.

Feel free to post back if you have other concern.

Gerard Qui, Apr 1, 2021
  3. Display Brightness

To address your concern, we suggest that you follow the steps on updating your display driver, provided in the note found on this

link

Let us know the result.

Regards.

Michelle Her, Apr 1, 2021
  4. Screen display brightness lost

Screen brightness low & critical Error

Hi Roopesh,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

• What is the complete error message are you getting?
    I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to follow the steps from the below article and check if it helps.

Adjust your monitor's brightness and contrast

Change screen brightness in Windows 10

Method 2: I suggest you to update the display drivers and check if the issue persists.

Steps to update the drivers for the Display Adapter.

• Press Windows key + X key when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapter.
    • Right on the Display Adapter and click on Update.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Apr 1, 2021
Thema:

Screen display brightness lost

1. Screen display brightness lost - Similar Threads - Screen display brightness

2. Multiple display brightness on the one screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Multiple display brightness on the one screen: I have this bizarre issue where my display is either dark or bright for different windows and programs. For example, I could have tabs open on chrome and one tab is completely dark and the other is normal brightness. Or my desktop is dark and then my program window is bright....
  3. Lost screen display

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Lost screen display: Gordon Bennett this site definitely isn't easy to navigate for this silver haired surfer. I cant find my previously asked question. Using laptop. Screen not working. Conected a monitor, worked fine until i tried to determine if the laptop screen had failed. I selected i...
  4. Lost screen display

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Lost screen display: 1st be kind computer illiterate silver haired not to good a surfer. Using laptop win 10 computer fired up but no screen, so connected to my sony monitor everything worked fine, until i tried to determine if the laptop screen actually worked. hit a button to switch screens...
  5. lost my display screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    lost my display screen: I canr get chrome bow my whole screen changed https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-my-display-screen/a3d02da8-e52f-47be-9647-c29cd9d1bf18
  6. brightness display

brightness display: I have recently bought a dell inspiron 5570. After about few days its brightness settings are no longer working. It has windows 10 and brightness bar is moving up and down but there is no change in screen brightness. I want to know why and can I rectify it?...
  7. display and brightness

display and brightness: Anyone can help. I have been trying to bring down my screen brightness but in settings I cannot find the bar to lower down the brightness. please tell me a way to solve this problem...
  8. Display Brightness

Display Brightness: Hello.. I have accidentally made some changes in the settings due to which I can no longer change the brightness and the resolution of the display Please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/display-brightness/303668c8-7973-49b3-aa97-768183a6c9bc
  9. Display Brightness

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Display Brightness: after the recent Windows 10 update, I cannot control the brightness of my display screen. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/display-brightness/9d6da9aa-5c09-4279-884b-6be4fa112227
  10. Lost screen display

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Lost screen display: I have windows 10 and was adjusting the screen resolution and hit something in the display section that completely shut down signal to the screen. I must have shut it off . What can I do, my wife is ready to kill me. 67864