Windows 10: Screen display huge with certain apps

Discus and support Screen display huge with certain apps in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My elderly parents seem to have managed to change something on their Windows 10 Lenovo laptop happens quite a lot! and certain apps now run about twice... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Djones_261, Jan 14, 2021.

1. Screen display huge with certain apps

My elderly parents seem to have managed to change something on their Windows 10 Lenovo laptop happens quite a lot! and certain apps now run about twice as large as they should. The main ones affected as far as I can see are Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome, the mail app and the calendar. It doesn't affect the desktop display, file explorer, or any of the MS Office apps.

MS Edge & Chrome are the worst - although the zoom says they're at 100%, I have to scale them down to 50% to get what I would call a 'normal' display size. And even then, only the web-page content zooms - the toolbar and tabs remain double the size they should.

I have checked the resolution, which is on the 'recommended' 1920x1080 and the 'scale & layout' which is also at the recommended 125%. And as I say, it's not the zoom function within the apps as I'm using this and it doesn't have any effect on the toolbar/tab size. It's as if the laptop thinks the screen it's projecting to is twice as large as it actually is, but only for certain apps. Confused as to why only certain apps are affected, and why it would affect MS Edge and Google Chrome in the same way even though they are from different software stables.

Thanks in advance for any help offered.

:)

Djones_261, Jan 14, 2021

2. screen display

Hi William,

It is important that you have the correct screen display and resolution. We suggest that you perform the following steps to reset the monitor settings:

• Boot your computer in
      safe mode
    • Once in safe mode, right-click the desktop > Screen Resolution.
    • Change the display settings back to the original configuration.
    • Restart your computer.

Feel free to update us on the result.

Rachelle Gra, Jan 14, 2021
  3. Can you set certain applications to not display on second monitor?

Hi,

This concern may be due to your display configuration. In order to resolve this issue, we suggest that you edit it by following these steps:

• Press Windows + I.
    • Select System, and then Display.
    • Under Multiple displays select Extend these displays.
    • Also, your display screens should be aligned. See picture below for reference:

Screen display huge with certain apps 8d44c6af-0a89-41c0-aadc-5473828de39f.png

Let us know if the steps provided resolved the issue.

Dennis Mop, Jan 14, 2021
  4. Screen display huge with certain apps

Display

Hi,

To increase the display timeout, I suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Select Desktop and click Personalization.
    • Select Lock Screen, then Click on Screen time out settings.
    • Change the required time in the drop down under Screen.

Let us know how it goes.

Renaldo cru, Jan 14, 2021
Thema:

Screen display huge with certain apps

1. Screen display huge with certain apps - Similar Threads - Screen display huge

2. On Screen Keyboard Issue with certain apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    On Screen Keyboard Issue with certain apps: If you use windows key + g to open xbox game center, you cannot type using the on-screen keyboardWhen using League of Legends TeamfightTactics windowed, the keyboard only works a few seconds Are there any ways to solve these? The first one at least should work being a...
  3. On Screen Keyboard Issue with certain apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    On Screen Keyboard Issue with certain apps: If you use windows key + g to open xbox game center, you cannot type using the on-screen keyboardWhen using League of Legends TeamfightTactics windowed, the keyboard only works a few seconds Are there any ways to solve these? The first one at least should work being a...
  4. Screen Display: How to add apps on screen Display

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screen Display: How to add apps on screen Display: How can I add apps icon in my screen. Just the shorcut would do. Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-display-how-to-add-apps-on-screen-display/c025b32e-c92a-473d-9c06-eba02f393803
  5. Screen Display: How to add apps on screen Display

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen Display: How to add apps on screen Display: How can I add apps icon in my screen. Just the shorcut would do. Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-display-how-to-add-apps-on-screen-display/c025b32e-c92a-473d-9c06-eba02f393803
  6. Screen Display: How to add apps on screen Display

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Blue Screening when opening certain apps

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Blue Screening when opening certain apps: I am constantly blue screening when I open an application and I don't know why. I was able to use that application perfectly fine before then it just randomly stopped working by giving me blue screens. I have a memory dump but I don't understand what it is saying. Microsoft...
  8. Huge app Runtime Broker

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Huge app Runtime Broker: New Dell laptop has just automatically started downloading Runtime Broker - over 1 gb! I stopped it when I saw this as this seems counter to this site's info. What do I do?...
  9. Black screen on certain apps.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Black screen on certain apps.: Certain apps like Microsoft Edge and discord won't show anything when opened while the laptop is plugged to power outlet but, starts fine when on battery. I think the app is running because I could close the app by clicking on the estimated position of the close button but...
  10. my apps are now huge

in Windows 10 Customization
    my apps are now huge: so I got mad at a game and button mashed now all my apps are huge going to display seting dose not help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-apps-are-now-huge/522e3c59-71e7-434c-9351-5b26035b9f49