Windows 10: Screen display is smaller than the monitor screen

Discus and support Screen display is smaller than the monitor screen in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I was scrolling sideways to the left to see an image that went off the screen to the right. The curser caught the wallpaper and narrowed the display so... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by marianfranklin, Apr 3, 2021.

1. Screen display is smaller than the monitor screen

I was scrolling sideways to the left to see an image that went off the screen to the right. The curser caught the wallpaper and narrowed the display so it does not fill the monitor screen. I went to settings and choose the full screen recommended but got an error message. Unable to use that setting. I can move the display into a different position on the screen but cannot increase the size to hide the wallpaper.What can I do?

:)

marianfranklin, Apr 3, 2021

2. screen display

Hi William,

It is important that you have the correct screen display and resolution. We suggest that you perform the following steps to reset the monitor settings:

• Boot your computer in
      safe mode
    • Once in safe mode, right-click the desktop > Screen Resolution.
    • Change the display settings back to the original configuration.
    • Restart your computer.

Feel free to update us on the result.

Rachelle Gra, Apr 3, 2021
  3. Rose Ter Win User
    How can I drag a screen display onto an adjoining satellite monitor?

Hi Stewart,

In order for us to assist you dragging a screen to your satellite monitor, you can follow these steps:

• Move the cursor off each of the four screen edges to see if one of them works.
    • If it does, position the monitors in the Display > Screen Resolution window
      to match the physical placement of the monitors.
    In the event that the previous steps failed to work, you can try these:

• In the display settings just swap the
      Display1 and Display2 Monitors.
    • Drag the Monitor1 display icon and
      drop it on Monitor2 display icon, this would give you the correct alignment of screens.

Don’t hesitate to contact us if you have further inquiries.

Rose Ter, Apr 3, 2021
  4. Sigurd Win User

Screen display is smaller than the monitor screen

Screen saver for dual monitors

Well, problem solved - sort off! I have got it working via the Google Photos Screensaver. Different images appearing on the two monitors. The difficulty now is that the image is the correct size on the main monitor (3840 x 2160) but oversized on the secondary monitor (1920 x 1200). While images scale properly when displayed as desktop backgrounds, they don't on the smaller screen in screen saver mode.
    But that's a problem for another thread I think!

In the meantime I'l have a look at your suggestion Barman.

Thank you both

Sigurd, Apr 3, 2021
Thema:

Screen display is smaller than the monitor screen

1. Screen display is smaller than the monitor screen - Similar Threads - Screen display smaller

2. My games are opening in full screen mode but the size of the screen is smaller than the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My games are opening in full screen mode but the size of the screen is smaller than the...: My games are opening in full screen mode but the size of the screen is smaller than the full screen, I can see the start at and use it with the mouse, note the screen is not windowed it's full screen but it is smaller than the size of the screen yeah and I can see half of my...
  3. My games are opening in full screen mode but the size of the screen is smaller than the...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My games are opening in full screen mode but the size of the screen is smaller than the...: My games are opening in full screen mode but the size of the screen is smaller than the full screen, I can see the start at and use it with the mouse, note the screen is not windowed it's full screen but it is smaller than the size of the screen yeah and I can see half of my...
  4. Screen got smaller

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen got smaller: I was in google and my screen flickered, and everything on the screen got smaller. How do I get my screen back to its normal size? Thanks for your help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-got-smaller/bfa62ec9-80f6-4fad-baeb-e81a531a2523
  5. Screen got smaller

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen got smaller: I was in google and my screen flickered, and everything on the screen got smaller. How do I get my screen back to its normal size? Thanks for your help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-got-smaller/bfa62ec9-80f6-4fad-baeb-e81a531a2523
  6. Screen got smaller

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Display larger or smaller than monitor in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Display larger or smaller than monitor in Windows 10: You may want to use a monitor with your Windows 10 laptop or desktop in order to increase your productivity. However, some Windows users are experiencing an issue, where their display is larger or smaller than the monitor size. In this article, we are going to see some simple...
  8. Display smaller than monitor

Display smaller than monitor: Wiped off my key board now the screen doesn't fit. How do I reset the screen? Cant find the right settings!!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/display-smaller-than-monitor/e0b41fe8-4fa2-4c9f-adec-49fcf6cd8024
  9. display settings on less than maximum gives a smaller screen instead of a more blurry one

display settings on less than maximum gives a smaller screen instead of a more blurry one: Hi, i have a problem on my dell laptop that runs on windows 10, the laptop has a screen with a 3840x2160 resolution. i have a problem whenever i try to use a display resolution setting that is smaller then this setting. especially for some older games and some...
  10. Screen smaller and resolution

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Screen smaller and resolution: Hi everyone, I am having issues with my Surface Pro 4... the screen resolution is now worse and the screen size has become smaller, following some video gameplay. I find that the text has gotten a bit bigger but I can't find any solutions of how I could fix this problem. I...