Windows 10: Screen display is very dim

Discus and support Screen display is very dim in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; A few days ago, I recently received delivery of an Alienware 15 R4 laptop from the Microsoft Store. Just today the screen intermittently would go dim.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Edwin de Guzman, Aug 4, 2018.

1. Screen display is very dim

A few days ago, I recently received delivery of an Alienware 15 R4 laptop from the Microsoft Store. Just today the screen intermittently would go dim. Now, ever after a fresh reboot, the screen stays dim. It is very difficult to use the laptop with such a dim screen.

I've read some forum posting to disable the Adaptive Display settings and I've done that to no avail. Please advise on what I can do to make use of this laptop. I can't use it with such a dim screen.

Thanks,

Edwin de Guzman

:)

Edwin de Guzman, Aug 4, 2018

2. Screen Display Dim

Since I updated to the new windows 10 version, my display is quite dim. I go into settings to adjust it and it will not let me. The brightness is at full and the screen is at about 20%.

Suggestions to fix?

Jason (live.com#azpd3189), Aug 4, 2018
  3. Fool Win User
    How to dim screen?

I tried googling Windows Ten, "how to dim screen," but the layout listed is not the layout I have. I just got Ten yesterday. How do you dim the screen?

I can't even find the options in the Display section.

Fool, Aug 4, 2018
  4. Joan Pin Win User

Screen display is very dim

display dimming

Hi,

There's a possibility that this issue is due to the Display settings of your device. For us to isolate your concern, we'd like to ask a few questions:

• Is it only happening when you connect your device to Windows 10?
    • If it's not connected, have you noticed certain activities wherein the screen dims automatically?
    • Have you tried using a different HDMI cable?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

We hope to hear from you soon.

Joan Pin, Aug 4, 2018
Thema:

Screen display is very dim

1. Screen display is very dim - Similar Threads - Screen display very

2. Dimming Screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Dimming Screen: Hello, I have this problem with my Surface Pro 7 computer. When I switch to a dark screen the screen dims and when i then go back to a bright screen it becomes bright again. Its draining through my battery. I already have disabled the setting that says Adjust brightness when...
  3. Screen auto dims when display is dark

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screen auto dims when display is dark: Hi! I've had this issue and tried every single fix, yet nothing has worked. Recently bought a HP laptop model: 15s-fq1002na and I've noticed it has this annoying auto dimming feature. When the screen is light ie on a white webpage the screen is bright. When I switch to a...
  4. Laptop screen at full brightness suddenly went very dim

Laptop screen at full brightness suddenly went very dim: My 2 year old laptop in tablet mode suddenly went dark. The first time i thought it was black. I restarted and it helped. This only happens when my device is in tabler mode. When i use it like a regular laptop i never see this. Any solutions?...
  5. Screen Dimming

Screen Dimming: Hello, Ever since a few days ago, the screen brightness on my Surface Laptop keeps reducing to the minimum. I have turned off automatic adjustment to brightness in the Display section in Settings, and still this keeps happening. The brightness indicator on the top left of...
  6. laptop display can't increase brightness -- very dim. But display driver can power external...

in Windows 10 Customization
    laptop display can't increase brightness -- very dim. But display driver can power external...: I have a new Lenovo laptop purchased for my wife for Christmas 2019 and in the past week the screen went so dim that you only can see the white boxes for login. The HDMI port sends, so I can use an external monitor. It only as AMD Radeon R5 TM Graphics, so I assume that...
  7. dimming the screen

dimming the screen: I'd like to lower the brightness even further than the display options show. My slider is all the way to the left. It would be great if there was a slider that could lower it all the way to black, as the screen is still far too bright. -Zach...
  8. Display Automatic Dimming

Display Automatic Dimming: If I try to watch a video on my laptop, the screen will automatically dim its contrast once the mouse icon disappears. How do I get this automatic diming and dulling of the display screen to remain as vibrant as it should be....
  9. Dim Screen

Dim Screen: Why did my screen go dim as soon as I plug in the charging cord? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dim-screen/229140df-7839-4113-9130-6b0f03674361
  10. Intel Display Driver Causes Unadjustable Dim Screen

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Intel Display Driver Causes Unadjustable Dim Screen: With my Vaio laptop, Windows 10 updated and the Intel HD graphics family adapter (dated 11/18/2015) causes the screen to go unadjustably dim. Rolling back the driver used to fix it, but it will now not let me roll back the driver. Can you help me? I can barely see the screen....