Windows 10: Screen display is very dim

Discus and support Screen display is very dim in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; A few days ago, I recently received delivery of an Alienware 15 R4 laptop from the Microsoft Store. Just today the screen intermittently would go dim.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Edwin de Guzman, Aug 4, 2018.

1. Screen display is very dim

A few days ago, I recently received delivery of an Alienware 15 R4 laptop from the Microsoft Store. Just today the screen intermittently would go dim. Now, ever after a fresh reboot, the screen stays dim. It is very difficult to use the laptop with such a dim screen.

I've read some forum posting to disable the Adaptive Display settings and I've done that to no avail. Please advise on what I can do to make use of this laptop. I can't use it with such a dim screen.

Thanks,

Edwin de Guzman

:)

Edwin de Guzman, Aug 4, 2018

2. Screen Display Dim

Since I updated to the new windows 10 version, my display is quite dim. I go into settings to adjust it and it will not let me. The brightness is at full and the screen is at about 20%.

Suggestions to fix?

Jason (live.com#azpd3189), Aug 4, 2018
  3. Fool Win User
    How to dim screen?

I tried googling Windows Ten, "how to dim screen," but the layout listed is not the layout I have. I just got Ten yesterday. How do you dim the screen?

I can't even find the options in the Display section.

Fool, Aug 4, 2018
  4. Joan Pin Win User

Screen display is very dim

display dimming

Hi,

There's a possibility that this issue is due to the Display settings of your device. For us to isolate your concern, we'd like to ask a few questions:

• Is it only happening when you connect your device to Windows 10?
    • If it's not connected, have you noticed certain activities wherein the screen dims automatically?
    • Have you tried using a different HDMI cable?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

We hope to hear from you soon.

Joan Pin, Aug 4, 2018
Thema:

Screen display is very dim

1. Screen display is very dim - Similar Threads - Screen display very

2. Very dim screen during window installation on macbook

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Very dim screen during window installation on macbook: I am trying to install windows by using bootcamp assistant.But when it reboot I only get to see windows logo and then brightness goes very down i need a flashlight to see with it please help. But overall it is working good except that dim light...
  3. Very dim screen during window installation on macbook

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Very dim screen during window installation on macbook: I am trying to install windows by using bootcamp assistant.But when it reboot I only get to see windows logo and then brightness goes very down i need a flashlight to see with it please help. But overall it is working good except that dim light...
  4. Very dim screen during window installation on macbook

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Display auto-dim

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Display auto-dim: The display brightness on my LG gram 16" always changes to 50% when I wake the laptop. I already disabled auto-brightness in Settings, kept all drivers & the system up-to-date, and changed power options in Control Panel; but still doesn't work. This started happening on...
  6. Display auto-dim

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Display auto-dim: The display brightness on my LG gram 16" always changes to 50% when I wake the laptop. I already disabled auto-brightness in Settings, kept all drivers & the system up-to-date, and changed power options in Control Panel; but still doesn't work. This started happening on...
  7. Display auto-dim

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Links in Settings Very Dim

Links in Settings Very Dim: There was a Windows 10 setting for dimmed items.I changed it, not knowing exactly what it was for.Now these links that are scattered throughout setting a too dim.How do I increase the brightness of the links?James...
  9. Screen auto dims when display is dark

Screen auto dims when display is dark: Hi! I've had this issue and tried every single fix, yet nothing has worked. Recently bought a HP laptop model: 15s-fq1002na and I've noticed it has this annoying auto dimming feature. When the screen is light ie on a white webpage the screen is bright. When I switch to a...
  10. Display Automatic Dimming

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Display Automatic Dimming: If I try to watch a video on my laptop, the screen will automatically dim its contrast once the mouse icon disappears. How do I get this automatic diming and dulling of the display screen to remain as vibrant as it should be....