Windows 10: Screen display out of whack since latest update

Discus and support Screen display out of whack since latest update in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Icons on edges and taskbar partially off screen since latest windows 10 update. Tried adjusting screen resolution and scale to no avail. Top of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by KevinMcKernan1, Feb 8, 2019.

1. Screen display out of whack since latest update

Icons on edges and taskbar partially off screen since latest windows 10 update. Tried adjusting screen resolution and scale to no avail. Top of windows that open are also not visible, off the perimeter of the screen. Mouse arrow can go beyond edge to pull windows down.

:)

KevinMcKernan1, Feb 8, 2019

2. win 10 update leaves vertical pink line on screen

today i applied latest win 10 update and now i have a vertical pink line on screen, it remains on every screen. i have tried these fixes

Step 1: I suggest you to run SFC scan,
    System File Checkeris a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type “sfc /scannow” without the quotes and hit
      Enter.
    • After the scan, restart the computer and check for the issue.
    Step 2: Also, I suggest you to update the display drivers and check.

Steps to Update the Display Adapter driver.

• Press Windows key + Xkey when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapter.
    • Right on the Display Adapter and click on
      Update driver software
    BUT i still have the line on screen.

tinacaston, Feb 8, 2019
  3. screen display

Hi William,

It is important that you have the correct screen display and resolution. We suggest that you perform the following steps to reset the monitor settings:

• Boot your computer in
      safe mode
    • Once in safe mode, right-click the desktop > Screen Resolution.
    • Change the display settings back to the original configuration.
    • Restart your computer.

Feel free to update us on the result.

Rachelle Gra, Feb 8, 2019
  4. Vicky Acs Win User

Screen display out of whack since latest update

Screen display is too bright and not as sharp as before

Hi,

We suggest you to follow the methods below to troubleshoot screen display issue d check if it helps.

Method 1: Perform System Maintenance troubleshooter.

Follow the steps to perform System maintenance check to improve performance of the computer:

• Press Windows and x key together and select Control Panel.
    • Click on Troubleshooting.
    • Click on View all on the left side panel.
    • Click on System Maintenance and follow the onscreen instructions.

Method 2: Update display adapter driver.

Step 1: Check for the latest driver update through Windows Updates.

• Type Windows Update in the search box on task bar, and hit Enter.
    • Click or tap Settings on the right side of the screen, and then select Install optional updates from the left results.
    • When the Windows Update control panel opens, click on “Check for Updates” on the top left corner to receive a fresh list of updates.
    Incompatible or not properly installed graphics card drivers are the most common cause of this issue.

Step 2: Follow the steps below to update the graphics/display drivers.

• Press Windows + X key on the keyboard.
    • Go to device manager.
    • Right-click your display device.
    • Click Update Driver Software and then follow the steps in the wizard that appears.
    • Restart the computer.
    Update us with the result.

Thank you.

Vicky Acs, Feb 8, 2019
Thema:

Screen display out of whack since latest update

1. Screen display out of whack since latest update - Similar Threads - Screen display whack

2. Since the latest 2 updates, my screen flickers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Since the latest 2 updates, my screen flickers: Since these 2 updates : 2023-09 Cumulative Update for .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.8.1 for Windows 11, version 22H2 for x64 KB50312172023-09 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems KB5030219My screen began to flicker. I can be browsing Edge, watching...
  3. Since the latest 2 updates, my screen flickers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Since the latest 2 updates, my screen flickers: Since these 2 updates : 2023-09 Cumulative Update for .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.8.1 for Windows 11, version 22H2 for x64 KB50312172023-09 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems KB5030219My screen began to flicker. I can be browsing Edge, watching...
  4. Weird screen taskbar icon issue since latest update

in Windows 10 Support
    Weird screen taskbar icon issue since latest update: Hi, I have a bit of a weird issue since the latest Win10 update. I have 6 screens. The bottom middle one is my primary. Win key opens up the start menu fine on the primary screen. However, my "pinned" apps now show on the top right screen! They used to show (correctly) on the...
  5. blue screens since latest windows update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    blue screens since latest windows update: hey there, i updated my windows 2 days ago, since that time i get bluescreens pretty frequently, in the event log its marked as Kernel-Power 41, i already tried to clean install windows again, then it forced me to update it to the most recent patch, now its blue screening...
  6. Screen problems since latest upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Screen problems since latest upgrade: Since the latest upgrade of win 10, whenever a program is open, new screens pop up in back instead of in front and I don't know how to change this. For example if you click the properties of your printer, the screen comes up but in back of the settings window and you have to...
  7. Bluetooth problems since latest update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth problems since latest update: I use some Philips bluetooth headphones which I never had any problems with until the last windows update. Since that update each time I want to use the headphones I normally have to update my Qualcomm Atheros AR3012 Bluetooth 4.0 drivers.I am using Windows 10 Home Has...
  8. Random sleeping since latest update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Random sleeping since latest update: This is my first post on this subreddit, and I’m not entirely sure which flair to use so I hope this is right. Also please excuse my lack of technical understanding, I’m a bit of a newbie at this lol. I’ll try and give some context to the issue I’ve been having below, if...
  9. Display has changed radically since latest update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Display has changed radically since latest update: This is a screenshot of what the text on my screen looks like now - as though it's not got enough pixels in it, somehow![ATTACH] The letters seem to be randomly thin and thick, bold and not, really weird. This isn't the way it's meant to be, it's the same on my own site...
  10. After BSOD Correction, desktop out of whack

in Windows 10 Support
    After BSOD Correction, desktop out of whack: All, It all started out with getting the BSOD for 'Boot Config. File Missing", "Missing or Corrupted Boot Files", and "Registry File Missing or Contains Errors." The first 2 were corrected with no issues. After receiving the "Registry File Missing..." error, I did the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. my screen is out of whack

2. scren is out of whack. it does not show the top.