Windows 10: Screen display problems. Will not display anything while computer is on

Discus and support Screen display problems. Will not display anything while computer is on in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, Recently I was gaming on my windows 10 computer and all of a sudden the screen went completely blank on my TV and showed no connection. I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Apientrash1946, Feb 5, 2020.

1. Screen display problems. Will not display anything while computer is on

Hi,

Recently I was gaming on my windows 10 computer and all of a sudden the screen went completely blank on my TV and showed no connection.

I have switched out the HDMI, switched where the power supply is plugged into, and tried to hard restart the computer.

I still have the same problem and have also noticed that when I start up the computer and then try to do a hard shutdown, it shuts off almost instantly. Normally it would take around 3-5 seconds to do a hard shutdown for this computer but it turns off the moment I push the power button.

Is this possibly the power supply itself or is it something deeper than that?

Any help would be great. Thank you a lot,

Apientrash1946

:)

Apientrash1946, Feb 5, 2020

2. screen display

Hi William,

It is important that you have the correct screen display and resolution. We suggest that you perform the following steps to reset the monitor settings:

• Boot your computer in
      safe mode
    • Once in safe mode, right-click the desktop > Screen Resolution.
    • Change the display settings back to the original configuration.
    • Restart your computer.

Feel free to update us on the result.

Rachelle Gra, Feb 6, 2020
  3. 95Viper Win User
    Driver and/or display problem (AMD)

Try this:

• Right click on a blank area of your desktop and select "Display Properties"
    • Select "Advanced Display Settings"
    • Select "Display Adapter Properties"
    • Click on "List all Modes"
    • Select the preferred display mode. Something with at least 60Hz.
    • Then select your setting you want
    • See if the option came back

95Viper, Feb 6, 2020
  4. xfile Win User

Screen display problems. Will not display anything while computer is on

Display card problem

I am using Window XP(home edition). After I logon Window, I see the new hardware detection icon. It tells me that a new display card is found. However, the display card is installed long time ago. Next day, I turn on the computer again. I can hear the computer is ruuning but the monitor does not show any screen.(black screen). After I restart my computer, the monitor can show the screen again. Next day, I turn on the computer again. I see the new hardware detection icon again. It tells me that a new display card is found. This looping is going on and on. Anyone can solve this problem for me?

My motherboard is Asus P5GC-MX/1333.
    My display card is Galaxy 9500GT 256MB ram DDR3.

I try to update the display card driver but it cannot solve the problem.

I also try to re-install the display card but it cannot solve the problem as well.

xfile, Feb 6, 2020
Thema:

Screen display problems. Will not display anything while computer is on

1. Screen display problems. Will not display anything while computer is on - Similar Threads - Screen display problems

2. my AIO computer is not displaying anything.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my AIO computer is not displaying anything.: I have a all-in-one computer the asus m241dak to be precise for 2 years. It has been working great, fantastic even. I’ve downloaded windows 11 and everything was working greatly. One day, I was going to sleep so I turned off the computer and went to sleep. The next day I was...
  3. my AIO computer is not displaying anything.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my AIO computer is not displaying anything.: I have a all-in-one computer the asus m241dak to be precise for 2 years. It has been working great, fantastic even. I’ve downloaded windows 11 and everything was working greatly. One day, I was going to sleep so I turned off the computer and went to sleep. The next day I was...
  4. computer boots up, but doesn’t display anything

in Windows 10 Gaming
    computer boots up, but doesn’t display anything: every time my computer turns off/restarts, it doesn’t display anything after. i’ve already done everything the internet says, reseat ram, gpu, unplug and replug everything. the only thing that worked was restarting it 3x to get into recovery mode but now that won’t work...
  5. computer boots up, but doesn’t display anything

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    computer boots up, but doesn’t display anything: every time my computer turns off/restarts, it doesn’t display anything after. i’ve already done everything the internet says, reseat ram, gpu, unplug and replug everything. the only thing that worked was restarting it 3x to get into recovery mode but now that won’t work...
  6. Computer does not boot or display anything on the screen - BIOS issue

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer does not boot or display anything on the screen - BIOS issue: All my hardware is in perfect working order before this happened. I changed my memory speed in the BIOS and I believe this is what caused the following issue. After changing the memory speed the system froze and wouldn't boot, eventually I got to the BIOS recovery screen....
  7. Screen display problem

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Screen display problem: The start button (Windows Logo) and the left half of the first row of icons have moved to the left off of the screen. How do I get them back ? 172957
  8. Screen display problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Screen display problem: The start button (Windows Logo) and the left half of the first row of icons have moved to the left off of the screen. How do I get them back ? 172957
  9. Laptop display flickers, but will not display anything

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop display flickers, but will not display anything: Hello! This morning (around 9 AM Eastern, 2019-06-17), I turned on my computer, and signed in. On the welcome screen however, the computer froze up, and after performing a hard shutdown, it would not boot. I've gotten it to boot up a couple of times, only to get a Blue...
  10. screen display problem

in Windows 10 Support
    screen display problem: yesterday upgraded from win 7 to win 10. There is black border on the screen, desktop icons and letters are stretched and elongated also letters are large and not clear. How can I fix this? I have basic knowledge on computer. Please help me. 15111