Windows 10: Screen/Display resolution settings page won't open in settings app freezes the settings app

Discus and support Screen/Display resolution settings page won't open in settings app freezes the settings app in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have this problem with the Settings app freezing in the resolution settings page.Right clicking on the desktop and selecting the resolution settings... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by undelete, May 21, 2021.

1. undelete Win User

Screen/Display resolution settings page won't open in settings app freezes the settings app

I have this problem with the Settings app freezing in the resolution settings page.Right clicking on the desktop and selecting the resolution settings Windows is in Greek language gives me the Gear icon, stuck. I need to close the window, wait a few seconds and the rest of the settings app works again. I can access

:)

undelete, May 21, 2021
  2. David.P. Win User

Change the Resolution setting on the moniter

Hello, to change your screen resolution, please follow these steps:

1) Open Start, select Settings then select System and then select Display. Alternatively, you can right click the background on your desktop, and select Display Settings.

2) Under Scale and layout, check the setting under Change the size of text, apps, and other items. We suggest you use the percentage marked "(Recommended)."

3) If that doesn't solve your problem, under Resolution, select a new value. We suggest you stick with the resolution marked "(Recommended)."

Source:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/402695...

Please let me know if this solves your problem, or you need additional steps.

David.P., May 21, 2021
  3. Windows 10 Update Messed Up my Screen Resolution Settings - Why Were The Correct Settings Kicked Out?

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern, and we in Community will try to help you in the best possible way we can.

I suggest you to check the resolution of your screen and make changes according to your requirements. To change screen resolution follow the steps below

• Go to your desktop, right-click your mouse and go to Display Settings.
    • A panel will open. Here you can adjust the size of text, apps, and other items and also change the orientation. To change the resolution settings, scroll down this window and click on Advanced Display Settings
    1366 X 768 is the recommended screen resolution

• You can change it according to your requirements.
    NOTE: Lower is the resolution, larger is the content displayed on your screen. From the available options in the drop-down menu, select the one you want and click Apply

• If it is not the optimal setting for your system, you will see an Optimal Resolution Notification
    You may ignore the notification and confirm your Screen Resolution changes by clicking on
    keep the Changes, or you may select another screen resolution. You will get just 15 seconds to confirm the changes or else it will revert to the default display settings

Hope the information helps, if you have any further queries, feel free to post. We are here to assist you.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, May 21, 2021
  4. MilkyWay Win User

Screen/Display resolution settings page won't open in settings app freezes the settings app

Where are the resolution/refresh rate settings in AMD Crimson?

Having to use Windows display settings manager to change resolution. Advanced display settings shows the resolution but to change refresh rate i have to go to display adapter properties!

It's just a longer step than it being right there one click away in CCC. Not only that but CCC is still there in Crimson if you use the advanced settings.

MilkyWay, May 21, 2021
Thema:

1. Screen/Display resolution settings page won't open in settings app freezes the settings app - Similar Threads - Screen Display resolution

2. Display settings won't open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Display settings won't open: When I click on "Display" in settings, it will stay stuck on the blank white screen with the settings logo in the middle. The only thing that happened before this occurred was that I had changed the resolution on my laptop to 400x600, then I shut down my laptop. Upon turning...
  3. Display settings won't open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Display settings won't open: When I click on "Display" in settings, it will stay stuck on the blank white screen with the settings logo in the middle. The only thing that happened before this occurred was that I had changed the resolution on my laptop to 400x600, then I shut down my laptop. Upon turning...
  4. Settings App Won't Open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Settings App Won't Open: As the title suggests, the Settings app has stopped working in Windows 11. CTRL + I doesn't work, typing Win + R and then "ms-settings:" doesn't work but returns the error message "File System Error -2147219196. Here is all the things I have already tried that have brought no...
  5. Settings App Won't Open

Settings App Won't Open: As the title suggests, the Settings app has stopped working in Windows 11. CTRL + I doesn't work, typing Win + R and then "ms-settings:" doesn't work but returns the error message "File System Error -2147219196. Here is all the things I have already tried that have brought no...
  6. Parts of the Settings app won't open.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Parts of the Settings app won't open.: Parts of the Settings app won't open. The app begins to open, showing the grey screen with the cog icon, but then it crashes. Display Settings and System Settings are the ones that crash for me. Search and you'll see that the crashing settings issue has been around for 5...
  7. Settings app won't open.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Settings app won't open.: I tried to access windows settings yesterday on my laptop running 2004 update. And nothing happens. No indication that something is running in background or anything. Click the icon and nothing. Googled, could not find a single working solution. Apart from repair using...
  8. Help...settings "apps" page doesn't open

in Windows 10 Support
    Help...settings "apps" page doesn't open: Hey guys When I click on settings and then apps it flashes and then closes Any ideas why? 128896
  9. Settings app won't open

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Settings app won't open: every time i try to open the settings app it shows that the app is open but it's just invisible its like the app isn't open and i cant do anything in it...
  10. Settings App Freezes

Settings App Freezes: First issue I've come across. The Settings App freezes on Apps & features and Storage tabs. 58452