Windows 10: Screen display size

Discus and support Screen display size in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have Windows 10 on myPC. Everything was working fine until I stupidly set the display to 500 percent and now I cant get it back to normal size.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by RonnieCampbell2, Apr 25, 2019.

1. Screen display size

I have Windows 10 on myPC. Everything was working fine until I stupidly set the display to 500 percent and now I cant get it back to normal size. Pressing the Windows key on my keyboard I can see Settings but dont know where to go from there. Any ideas?

:)

RonnieCampbell2, Apr 25, 2019

2. Screen size does not fix.

Since the new upgrades the screen size is too big for my 7 YR old Toshiba Laptop, which I use constantly. I Can not access the x or the scroll bar. The character's are Hugh, stretched and distorted. I have followed every single step listed in troubleshooting
    and even paid two computer techs to fix it. NOTHING WORKS! There used to be a simple one step adjustment: Settings: Display: Screen Size. Neither, Resetting, troubleshooting app, driver updates, changing to another resolution (which btw is suggested as a
    fix but non existant) nothing works. I am at wits end. The last guy I paid to fix it suggested I just buy anew unit? I can't afford that. Please please address this issue asap. Thank you

Arose Krashmam, Apr 25, 2019
  3. Size of display on screen

Hello

Thanks - I have tried this but I don't think this is the problem..... Resolution is set at recommended level

If I follow these steps: control panel-personalisation-display, customise your display it then says "change the size of text, apps and other items" and this is set at 100% which is recommended.

However, with it set at 100% all the icons on the desktop are too small and when I open outlook the emails are very small to read, but if I open a webpage e.g. the Times newspaper, everything is the correct size but the page doesn't fit to the edges of the
    monitor screen like it used to.

So If i go back into control panel - personlisation etc and set the size of text to 125% (it won't let me set it anywhere between 100% and 125%), this makes the desktop icons the correct size, and emails are readable, but when I re-open the Times newspaper
    online everything has become too large and yet the page still doesnt fit to the edges of the monitor screen!

Any further suggestions?

NicolasHobbs, Apr 25, 2019
  4. Screen display size

Size of display on screen

Hello

Thanks - I have tried this but I don't think this is the problem.....

If I follow these steps: control panel-personalisation-display, customise your display it then says "change the size of text, apps and other items" and this is set at 100% which is recommended.

However, with it set at 100% all the icons on the desktop are too small and when I open outlook the emails are very small to read, but if I open a webpage e.g. the Times newspaper, everything is the correct size but the page doesn't fit to the edges of the
    monitor screen like it used to.

So If i go back into control panel - personlisation etc and set the size of text to 125% (it won't let me set it anywhere between 100% and 125%), this makes the desktop icons the correct size, and emails are readable, but when I re-open the Times newspaper
    online everything has become too large and yet the page still doesnt fit to the edges of the monitor screen!

Any further suggestions?

NicolasHobbs, Apr 25, 2019
Thema:

Screen display size

1. Screen display size - Similar Threads - Screen display size

2. Display size.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Display size.: I have MS 365 and it seems the display size seems to be too large for me. Going into settings>display it is set at 100% and I can only alter it from 100% to 175% and will not let me chance it to anything lower that 100%. Cam anyone help, please, so that I can make the display...
  3. My display size does not match my screen size.

in Windows 10 Customization
    My display size does not match my screen size.: Hello, I am using to different size monitors for my computer. Display 1 is an older 22 inch Sceptre monitor with a 1920 x 1080 resolution that I use as a side monitor for Discord and Facebook. Display 2 is a much newer 28 inch Asus monitor with a 3840 x 2160 resolution....
  4. Display size

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Display size: I have two Dell laptops with Windows 10 that I use sometimes with an LG Ultrawide monitor. One will use the full width of the display but the other only uses 75% of the width of the display....
  5. changing the size of icons displayed on screen

changing the size of icons displayed on screen: my icons have changed size and I wish to make them smaller again https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-the-size-of-icons-displayed-on-screen/2d7ac97a-62d1-4e59-8c46-961d20f3356c
  6. how to change display size to fit screen size

how to change display size to fit screen size: My display size is smaller than the screen size for some reason. How to fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-display-size-to-fit-screen-size/536b3fef-37cc-46af-b46c-f36ecb2602a0
  7. Display size

Display size: I have vision problems. Is there a way to increase the size of my image, text, and all, in one single setting? I am using Windows 10, Outlook, Facebook, etc. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/display-size/61ee8731-e314-4aa8-abdb-a00178ab6020
  8. display size

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    display size: windows does not use my full screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/display-size/b2ba69d3-4173-4d79-8b77-42f1eca2959e
  9. screen size in "Select and rearrange displays"

screen size in "Select and rearrange displays": i found that the screen size in "Select and rearrange displays" is define by Resolution but not actual size. this will cause an issue that when i move my mouse cursor from sufacebook (displays id 1) to extended monitor (display id 2), it will stuck on the edge. any...
  10. Screen display size

Screen display size: How do I change the size of my screen display. I have a monitor inside a cabinet but the cabinet isn't wide enough for the screen so most of the icons on the left side are hidden. I need to make the display narrower. Thanks....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows display size doesnt show 75%