Windows 10: Screen does not come back/ Laptop does not go to sleep when display off.

Discus and support Screen does not come back/ Laptop does not go to sleep when display off. in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; So I've been facing this issue maybe since over a year. The problem is my laptop hangs whenever I turn off display manually or it turns off via timer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by SahilKumar3, Dec 5, 2018.

1. Screen does not come back/ Laptop does not go to sleep when display off.

So I've been facing this issue maybe since over a year. The problem is my laptop hangs whenever I turn off display manually or it turns off via timer in Power & Sleep settings. No matter what key I press, display does not turn back on, and the sleep timer (for example display is set to turn off after 1 min and laptop sleep after 2 minutes of activity) obviously does not work and laptop never sleeps.

I have verified that laptop hangs by playing music in background. As soon as display turns off, the playback stops too or turns into a noise (similar to when your media player hangs). Closing the lid has no effect (I've set laptop to sleep on lid close). The power led is ON, sometimes fans are running too, but display won't turn back on, sleep, or shut down no matter what I do. Only way is to hard reset and laptop starts normally and everything is normal until, display is turned off.

The only fix I have found it to disable my Nvidia Driver in Device Manager. After that everything works fine as it should. But I'm not able to identify what's the issue and how to fix it.

My laptop is an Acer Nitro 5 Spin, with a GTX 1050 and Intel i5-8250U Processor. I have updated everything, even tried Insider Preview, used latest Graphics drivers from Acer, Intel; but this issue still remains.

I have also tried disabling Fast Startup, still no luck. Only thing that works is disabling my Nvidia Graphics. Anyone with solution/similar problem please reply.

Thanks!

:)

SahilKumar3, Dec 5, 2018
  2. Mike-Sh Win User

Laptop screen displays jittering horizontal lines when coming out of sleep mode.

Problem description: My eighteen-month-old laptop screen displays
    alternating horizontal lines and constantly jitters up and down when coming out of
    sleep mode. The only resolution I’ve found is to reboot or let it go into sleep mode a
    second time, after which, upon reopening the screen-lid, the problem clears and the screen displays normally. Any suggestions? Thank you.

Mike-Sh, Dec 5, 2018
  3. Display and sleep settings

Hi,

In order to help you with the issue about the display and sleep settings, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you tried the troubleshooting steps suggested by MVP Andre Da Costa? If you did, what were the results?
    • For us to avoid redundancy of the troubleshooting process, what were the other steps you have done to resolve the issue?

We look forward to your next post.

Regards.

Jesrael Bor, Dec 5, 2018
  4. Screen does not come back/ Laptop does not go to sleep when display off.

Laptop with broken screen How much?

I would like suggestions and look in local stores. I dont wanna buy a laptop from someone online. Sorry. But could be a good idea if you asked him about the performance on older games. Gonna make a list ofall laptops people suggest me.

Remove the screen for space purpose here its small desk and if the screen is opened it will hide my 22 inches lcd

Eric_On_Web, Dec 5, 2018
Thema:

Screen does not come back/ Laptop does not go to sleep when display off.

1. Screen does not come back/ Laptop does not go to sleep when display off. - Similar Threads - Screen does Laptop

2. the computer does not go to sleep.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    the computer does not go to sleep.: The computer does not fully enter sleep mode. as soon as I press the sleep mode button, the monitors seem to turn off, but the cooler does not want to stop. However, for all the friends who also have windows 10, when they are put into sleep mode, their PC turns off....
  3. the computer does not go to sleep.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    the computer does not go to sleep.: The computer does not fully enter sleep mode. as soon as I press the sleep mode button, the monitors seem to turn off, but the cooler does not want to stop. However, for all the friends who also have windows 10, when they are put into sleep mode, their PC turns off....
  4. the computer does not go to sleep.

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. computer does not go to sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    computer does not go to sleep: my screen does not go black after set time, and the computer won't sleep either. if I don't shut down, it will stay on indefinitely. this problem surfaced only recently. until then, the screen would black out after 10-15 minutes, and the computer would go to sleep after an...
  6. Laptop does not come back after going in to Sleep Mode

Laptop does not come back after going in to Sleep Mode: Hello allMy new HP Pavilion laptop switched off automatically in sleep mode.With the help of HP and Microsoft team carried out system restore, system reset and also tried system reboot using external USB drive. No joy till date.I have tried lot of troubleshooting options and...
  7. Display does not sleep!

Display does not sleep!: Display does not sleep! Edit found the culprit: Usb connected synthesizer. when unplugged display can turn off. It works properly so i dont know why it does that. I just fresh installed from pendrive windows 10 2004 downloaded from Microsoft. First and only thing i did...
  8. Laptop primary screen does not turn on after sleep. When plugging in an external display,...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop primary screen does not turn on after sleep. When plugging in an external display,...: Hi all, I'm running a MSI GP73 laptop with Windows 10. It has the following periodic problem: When waking up from sleep, either from being left for a while or by closing the lid, it sometimes wakes up with a black or dead screen. It has definitely woken up but the screen...
  9. My Windows 10 Laptop does not go to Sleep when it's plugged in !!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My Windows 10 Laptop does not go to Sleep when it's plugged in !!: TL;DR: My old Windows 10 laptop goes to sleep only when not plugged in, online solutions didn't work and my setup needs this (gonna stick it behind my TV and use wireless MnK) ------- So I thought I would bring my Toshiba Sattellite Laptop back to life. I bought it back in...
  10. PC does not go to sleep

PC does not go to sleep: Since the Windows 10 (1809) March 13th update, my PC does not go to sleep. I've reset the monitor and PC sleep times with no luck. I've reviewed and attempted all the on-line suggestions again with no luck. Does anyone have any new (post March 13) suggestions? J...