Windows 10: Screen does not respond after locking computer

Discus and support Screen does not respond after locking computer in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; After locking computer using Windows + L, the screen remains turned on for about 2 minutes and then goes black and does not respond to any key or mouse... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Reginald101992, Dec 23, 2018.

1. Screen does not respond after locking computer

After locking computer using Windows + L, the screen remains turned on for about 2 minutes and then goes black and does not respond to any key or mouse movement. I have to force restart it every time this happens. I have tried following with no avail -

1. Use powercfg /DEVICEENABLEALL function to make sure computer wakes up from sleep with every available device

2. Used SFC command to check and repair errors with cleaner image of Windows created from Windows Image Creation Tool

3. Run MSCONFIG to check whether any service is causing the problem and disable them as i was not able to repair them

Please help as this is getting very frustrating as I have to either prolong auto turn off time which is eating a whole lot of battery for laptop and I have to leave laptop unattended as this issue makes me restart laptop rather than logging softly.

I do not want to reinstall a clean copy again as it will be time consuming and i have to download all apps and security settings again.

:)

Reginald101992, Dec 23, 2018

2. Lock screen not working properly on Windows 10 computer.

Hi Oshith,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is change in lock screen settings.

To assist you better, please provided us the information below:

• When you say that "It is not flapped over to password when clicking", you tried to check the issue by clicking through external mouse?
    • Have you made any changes to the computer prior to the issue?

I suggest you to follow the steps below to change the picture of the lock screen and also try to update Display Adapter driver.

Step 1: I suggest you to follow the steps below to set the lock screen pictures.

1. Right click on Desktop screen.

2. Then click on Personalize.

3. Click on Lock Screen.

4. Try to select the lock screen picture.

Step 2: I recommend you to update the latest driver for display adapter in Device Manager.

1. Press Windows Key + R Key.

2. Then type “devmgmt.msc” without the quotes and hit on
    Enter Key.

3. Expand Display Adapter.

4. Right click on the driver and click on Update driver software.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with lock screen, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Dec 23, 2018
  3. ah lun Win User
    Lock screen password no respond

I am using WP7 on HTC Mozart.

I have password activated on the Lock Screen.

Every time when I wake up the phone at the lock screen (black screen, press the on/off button, the lock screen displayed), when I slide up the lock screen, the password pad is shown for me to key in my the password.

My issue is that I can key/press the first digit of the password, but when I key/press the second digit, there is no response. I need to slide down the lock screen and slide up again then all the keys are responding.

ah lun, Dec 23, 2018
  4. Screen does not respond after locking computer

Lock Screen Stops Responding / Screens flashing

Since upgrading to Windows 10 from 8.1, I'm having an issue where every time I lock the computer and the monitors go into sleep mode (the computer is NOT in sleep mode), the monitors will flicker, flash and change configuration wildly when I unlock the machine.

Each time it generates a lock screen critical event as pictured. All of the application failures are lock screen failures.

Screen does not respond after locking computer [​IMG]

Frankenputer, Dec 23, 2018
Thema:

Screen does not respond after locking computer

1. Screen does not respond after locking computer - Similar Threads - Screen does respond

2. Keyboard and mouse not responding in Lock Screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard and mouse not responding in Lock Screen: When I turned on my pc, it seem to load I. Normally with the windows symbol and loading icon.But once I get into the actual screen where I can enter my password, it seems that my keyboard and mouse wont register anymore.I can’t press space to continue or even see a mouse...
  3. Issue with display not responding after being inactive/lock screen

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Issue with display not responding after being inactive/lock screen: Hello,I am having an issue with lock screen/display. At times when it is inactive for a period of time, the display turns off like it should but when I move my mouse/hit a keyboard key it will just be the wallpaper without going to the lock screen where I enter my password....
  4. Issue with display not responding after being inactive/lock screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue with display not responding after being inactive/lock screen: Hello,I am having an issue with lock screen/display. At times when it is inactive for a period of time, the display turns off like it should but when I move my mouse/hit a keyboard key it will just be the wallpaper without going to the lock screen where I enter my password....
  5. Computer turns on but doesn’t respond to mouse or keyboard on Lock Screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Computer turns on but doesn’t respond to mouse or keyboard on Lock Screen: My pc was having this problem a bit before but if I restarted it enough it would work. One day my power went out while it was on and no matter how many times I restart it it won’t work....
  6. Computer turns on but doesn’t respond to mouse or keyboard on Lock Screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer turns on but doesn’t respond to mouse or keyboard on Lock Screen: My pc was having this problem a bit before but if I restarted it enough it would work. One day my power went out while it was on and no matter how many times I restart it it won’t work....
  7. Computer turns on but doesn’t respond to mouse or keyboard on Lock Screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Screensaver lock screen does not respond in Win10 Pro

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Screensaver lock screen does not respond in Win10 Pro: I upgraded to Win10 Pro from Win7 Pro. Now the screensaver lock screen does not respond to password entry or fingerprint reading. I have to reboot to sign in. Is there a fix for this?...
  9. Lock Screen Stops Responding / Screens flashing

in Windows 10 Support
    Lock Screen Stops Responding / Screens flashing: Since upgrading to Windows 10 from 8.1, I'm having an issue where every time I lock the computer and the monitors go into sleep mode (the computer is NOT in sleep mode), the monitors will flicker, flash and change configuration wildly when I unlock the machine. Each time...
  10. Windows 10 lock screen not responding

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 lock screen not responding: Hey everybody! First time here but these forums helped me more than once so I'm pretty sure it's the best place to ask! I've been running Windows 10 myself for a few days. My girlfriend for a few weeks/months. We noticed a small something that is not much but is getting...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. laptop not responding after locking