Windows 10: Screen does not turn off after designated time

Discus and support Screen does not turn off after designated time in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; This has been a problem on my computer for a while now and I'm assuming is related to a windows update. I'm on Windows 10 Home Version 1803. Basically,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by AfsheenNomai, Nov 15, 2018.

1. Screen does not turn off after designated time

This has been a problem on my computer for a while now and I'm assuming is related to a windows update. I'm on Windows 10 Home Version 1803. Basically, the problem is this: Even though my power and sleep settings are set to turn off screen after 2 hours (screen saver setting is also 2 hours and set to "blank") and never sleep, but the screen does not turn off at all. I leave my computer on 24/7 (restarting every once in a while). I rely on the monitors turning off so that it saves power and locks my computer. But this just isn't happening any more. I have checked power settings in the "advanced power settings" and they are the same. I got Windows 10 when it was initially rolled out (during that upgrade for free program) and this is the first time this has ever happened, so there have been no hardware changes since then. I know that sometimes if certain software is running it can prevent the computer from sleeping, but I don't know how to find out what kind of software would be doing this as the software I use of have installed has not changed since this problem started. Changing sleep settings is not an option because the nature of my work requires my computer to be on 24/7. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

:)

AfsheenNomai, Nov 15, 2018
  2. Arul_D Win User

windows 10 lock screen slideshow timing...

Hello Andrew,

I understand your concern and we will try our best to help you resolve the issue.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps. Refer to the below steps:

• Type Lock screen in the search bar and press enter

• Select Advanced Slideshow settings

• Click on Turn off screen after slideshow has played for and select the time limit
    Let us know if you need more information and we'll be happy to assist.

Arul_D, Nov 15, 2018
  3. PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Nov 15, 2018
  4. Sasqui Win User

Screen does not turn off after designated time

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Nov 15, 2018
Thema:

Screen does not turn off after designated time

1. Screen does not turn off after designated time - Similar Threads - Screen does turn

2. Screen does not actually turn off.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Screen does not actually turn off.: Hi there,Since a little while ago I've noticed that my screen does not actually turn off or go to standby anymore but just turns black, even though I have my settings set to turn off the screen, and my screen saver should be turned off.Added to that, it doesn't do so...
  3. Screen does not actually turn off.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen does not actually turn off.: Hi there,Since a little while ago I've noticed that my screen does not actually turn off or go to standby anymore but just turns black, even though I have my settings set to turn off the screen, and my screen saver should be turned off.Added to that, it doesn't do so...
  4. Screen does not actually turn off.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Monitor turns on after timed 'screen off' in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Monitor turns on after timed 'screen off' in Windows 11: Just recently, my PC has stated showing an odd behaviour in Windows 11: I set the screen to turn off after 3 minutes and the PC to sleep in 10, but then in around 4-8 minutes after I stop working with the PC and after the screen is already off because the 3-min window is up,...
  6. Screens don't turn off after specified time

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Screens don't turn off after specified time: Good evening I have a computer with Windows 10 Professional, version 20H2, compilation 19042.804, with all updates installed.It turns out that the screens don't turn off after the specified time. So far I have tried a lot of solutions. The first thing that I tried was to...
  7. Family Screen Time is still on after turning it off

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Family Screen Time is still on after turning it off: My dad wanted to see what screen time did and turned it on and off again, in that 2 seconds that it was on it caused my pc to use the default screen time settings and is now stuck with it. I was unable to find a way to remove it and decided I would just deal with it by...
  8. Screen does not turn off at lock screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Screen does not turn off at lock screen: Recently, when I come back to my computer after a matter of hours I find the screen still on, displaying the lock screen when it should be off. In Windows Settings > Power & Sleep > Screen, the settingWhen plugged in, turn off after is set to 15 minutes. How come my screen is...
  9. Display screen will not shut off at designated time

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Display screen will not shut off at designated time: It doesn't matter what time I change it to, 2 minutes, 5 minutes, 10 minutes, 20 minutes, the display monitor won't turn off. I'm guessing it is one of the recent Windows 10 updates since this is a recent problem. Any help will be appreciated, It's getting old turning off...
  10. Screen Time isn’t Turning off.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Screen Time isn’t Turning off.: I haven’t used my laptop in a while, and when I went to go use it it said I still had screen time limits on. On my mom’s profile, it says that all restrictions are turned off. But it still stays locked....