Windows 10: Screen does not turn off at lock screen

Discus and support Screen does not turn off at lock screen in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Recently, when I come back to my computer after a matter of hours I find the screen still on, displaying the lock screen when it should be off. In... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Andy-001, Nov 4, 2020.

1. Andy-001 Win User

Screen does not turn off at lock screen

Recently, when I come back to my computer after a matter of hours I find the screen still on, displaying the lock screen when it should be off. In Windows Settings > Power & Sleep > Screen, the settingWhen plugged in, turn off after is set to 15 minutes. How come my screen is still on after hours away from the computer?

Edition Windows 10 Pro
    Version 20H2
    Installed on ‎10/‎31/‎2020
    OS build 19042.610
    Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.31.0

:)

Andy-001, Nov 4, 2020

2. Lock vs Login screen screenshot

You can use your own image of any background and just go to settings/personalize/lock screen and click on browse as in the image below. It should make whatever picture you use as the Lock Screen

Screen does not turn off at lock screen [​IMG]

Josey Wales, Nov 4, 2020
  3. Ads displayed in Lock Screen

Hi Subhadeep,

Windows Spotlight is an option for the lock screen background that displays different background images and occasionally offers suggestions on the lock screen.
    To turn off Windows Spotlight, go to Settings, clickPersonalization,
    select Lock screen, under Background select a different lock screen background.

To avoid messages on your lock screen, you can consider the following:

• Make sure that the "Get fun facts, etc" on your Settings is turned off.
    • Disable “suggestions” that appear as notifications. To do so, follow these steps go to
      Settings, then select System, then click
      Notifications & actions
      and turnoff “Show me the Windows welcome experience after updates and occasionally when I sign in to highlight what’s new and
      suggested”.
    • Disable “tips, tricks, and suggestions”. Head to Settings then select
      System, then click Notifications & Actions and disable the “Get tips, tricks, and suggestions as you use Windows” option.

Don't hesitate to reply on this thread if further assistance is needed.

Darleen Pen, Nov 4, 2020
  4. dacrone Win User

different lock screen and sign in screen?

Step 2b is labeled as Change the Login Screen Image, but the steps show you how to change the Lock Screen image. Step 2a is irrelevant. It only tells you how to change the desktop background.

What I want to do:
    Set Spotlight as the LOCK Screen Image(s) - Done
    Set the Win 10 Hero Image as the SIGN IN Screen Image - This is the one that shows after you click on the lock screen and you are able to type your password. If I uncheck "Show Lock Screen Image on Sign In Screen", it shows a solid blue background behind my Password box and user image. This is what I want to change to the Hero Image....

dacrone, Nov 4, 2020
Thema:

1. Screen does not turn off at lock screen - Similar Threads - Screen does turn

2. Screen does not actually turn off.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Screen does not actually turn off.: Hi there,Since a little while ago I've noticed that my screen does not actually turn off or go to standby anymore but just turns black, even though I have my settings set to turn off the screen, and my screen saver should be turned off.Added to that, it doesn't do so...
  3. Screen does not actually turn off.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen does not actually turn off.: Hi there,Since a little while ago I've noticed that my screen does not actually turn off or go to standby anymore but just turns black, even though I have my settings set to turn off the screen, and my screen saver should be turned off.Added to that, it doesn't do so...
  4. Screen does not actually turn off.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. turn off locked screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    turn off locked screen: like to have auto log in would be nicethe only one how use it any way https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/turn-off-locked-screen/1539fbb0-730b-4d1e-b2b6-73ffa172710e
  6. turn off locked screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    turn off locked screen: like to have auto log in would be nicethe only one how use it any way https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/turn-off-locked-screen/1539fbb0-730b-4d1e-b2b6-73ffa172710e
  7. turn off locked screen

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. How to turn off the Lock Screen

How to turn off the Lock Screen: I recently upgraded to Windows 10 and realized that after my computer goes to sleep that a lock screen comes up and i have to re-enter my password. Is there a way to just allow my computer to go to sleep without going to the lock screen afterwards...
  9. how to turn off lock screen

how to turn off lock screen: how do I turn off the lock screen * Moved from Windows 8.1 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-turn-off-lock-screen/89d2dfc0-22f9-4ea8-824d-3ad360d48657
  10. screen lock - how to turn it on or off

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    screen lock - how to turn it on or off: I want to be able to lock my screen with one key-press when I leave it. I cannot find anything in any of the help that relates to this. Any ideas? Thanks....