Windows 10: Screen does not turn off when Facebook is open in Chrome

Discus and support Screen does not turn off when Facebook is open in Chrome in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Very strange behaviour. I have my screens set to turn off after 10 minutes inactivity. This has worked fine for years. In the past 2 or 3 weeks, after... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by PeteW1959, May 14, 2019 at 6:27 AM.

1. PeteW1959 Win User

Screen does not turn off when Facebook is open in Chrome

Very strange behaviour. I have my screens set to turn off after 10 minutes inactivity. This has worked fine for years.

In the past 2 or 3 weeks, after 10 minutes the screens go to standby, then immediately turn back on, then after a further 10 minutes turn off and stay off until woken by the mouse moving.

However if Chrome is open with Facebook, they never turn off. It is only if Facebook is the visible tab; any other tab and the screens turn off, even if Facebook is open on another tab.

Any ideas?

:)

2. Dave____J Win User

chrome will not open

IK reinstalled the KB and a Silverlight update, no luck. I tried to remove chrome , again, using the suggested tool. Chrome was not on the list, I selected not listed. It wanted the product code. A quick internet search did not find it. I removed chrome
    using the add and remove programs.,reinstalled chrome and ran the clean up tool, no malware. chrome now opens.. I have signed in and it is working. The second removal worked. thx

3. Pollie Win User
    Facebook white screen?

I'm running Windows 10 and use Google Chrome browser. I have a McAfee security and I have just disactivated the firewll to see if this would resoleve the problem.
    My Facebook page is unresponsive and blank white.
    The red icin at the globe suggest I have 4 interaction, and 1 message, I clivkc on thse and nothing happens.
    I've turned off the system, reboot.... still no response.

any ideas?

4. Screen does not turn off when Facebook is open in Chrome

Turn off Facebook notifications in Windows 10

I had the same issue with getting Facebook notifications in the bottom right hand side of my screen and in the notification sidebar, where I get my news alerts and others. I solved the issue from some of the information I found in this thread of questions
    and answers. Someone has posted a picture of the screen within Facebook that you need to make the change to in order for these annoying notifications to stop. However, the person that posted that Facebook screen picture did not tell you how to get to that
    screen. And, if you are not Facebook navigation savvy, you may need some assistance getting there. Here is your help to turn those notification off!

1) Open Facebook in your browser.

2) In the top right-hand side of the screen, you will see a tiny drop-down arrow, click on it.

3) In the drop-down menu that appeared, click on Settings (about 3/4 of the way down the list).

4) On the left-hand side of the screen, there is a menu; find Notifications and click on it (about in the middle of the menu).

5) Now in the middle of the screen, is a list of Notification Settings, and in the list is Desktop and Mobile, click on it.

6) Now, depending on where you getting the notifications (desktop, mobile, or maybe both) click on the gray button that says Turn Off.

Viola! Problem solved in 6 not too difficult steps. But, if you, like me, didn't know where to go before now, this issue was a pain !! I too was trying to turn off the notification within Windows, so I was finding nothing but frustrating dead ends.

I sure hope this helped!

Thema:

Screen does not turn off when Facebook is open in Chrome

1. Screen does not turn off when Facebook is open in Chrome - Similar Threads - Screen does turn

2. Screen not turning off

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Screen not turning off: My screen is supposed to turn off after 4 minutes, but it is not; just started doing this tonight. Why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-not-turning-off/d4dde6c0-82c1-4eda-9bf3-451d2b9021be
  3. Screen does not turn off after designated time

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Screen does not turn off after designated time: This has been a problem on my computer for a while now and I'm assuming is related to a windows update. I'm on Windows 10 Home Version 1803. Basically, the problem is this: Even though my power and sleep settings are set to turn off screen after 2 hours (screen saver setting...
  4. Turn off Autoplay Videos on Win10 Facebook App?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Turn off Autoplay Videos on Win10 Facebook App?: I dont see a way to turn on videos autoplaying on the Facebook App from the Windows store. Can anyone direct me to an answer or have a solution? Thanks in advance! JC 118324
  5. Laptop screen not turning off.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop screen not turning off.: For some reason, the laptop that I had Windows 8.1 installed in last will not turn off after five or so minutes, like I had set it. This can be a huge drawback, because the laptop might be running on battery power and having the screen constantly on drains it. This usually...
  6. Screen resolution changes when monitor is turned off

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Screen resolution changes when monitor is turned off: Hi guys. First off lemme start by praising the people who run and post on this board, it's an endless mine of informations and a never ending academy for learning all the tips and tricks of anything pc-related...so keep up the good work guys! Unfortunately I'm writing here...
  7. Screens automatically turning off when no signal detected

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Screens automatically turning off when no signal detected: Hello, this is just a small question.. if this is possible to turn off? The reason is that if I restart my computer the main screen turns off, and gives me a delay when going on again because of it automatically turning off, and I want it to stay on as I always turn them off...
  8. Monitor does not turn off

in Windows 10 Support
    Monitor does not turn off: Monitor is set to go black in 20 minutes, It does not turn off. I am aware that others have the same problem. Is there a solution for this? 17496
  9. Screen backlight still on when screen turned off HP Elitepad

in Windows 10 Support
    Screen backlight still on when screen turned off HP Elitepad: Hi there, I have an HP Elitepad 900. The problem I seem to have is when I press the power button to turn off the screen, the screen turns off but the backlight stays on. Any help would be appreciated :-) There is an image attached. 15230
  10. Screen never turns off when idle

in Windows 10 Support
    Screen never turns off when idle: I've just upgraded my win 7 installation to win 10. The power and sleep setting was carried over, turn off screen after 5 minutes, but the monitors stay on forever. I checked the network adapters in the device manager (BT personal area network, BT RFCOMM, Realtek PCIe GBE...