Windows 10: Screen does not turn off when Facebook is open in Chrome

Discus and support Screen does not turn off when Facebook is open in Chrome in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Very strange behaviour. I have my screens set to turn off after 10 minutes inactivity. This has worked fine for years. In the past 2 or 3 weeks, after... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by PeteW1959, May 14, 2019.

1. PeteW1959 Win User

Screen does not turn off when Facebook is open in Chrome

Very strange behaviour. I have my screens set to turn off after 10 minutes inactivity. This has worked fine for years.

In the past 2 or 3 weeks, after 10 minutes the screens go to standby, then immediately turn back on, then after a further 10 minutes turn off and stay off until woken by the mouse moving.

However if Chrome is open with Facebook, they never turn off. It is only if Facebook is the visible tab; any other tab and the screens turn off, even if Facebook is open on another tab.

Any ideas?

:)

PeteW1959, May 14, 2019
  2. Dave____J Win User

chrome will not open

IK reinstalled the KB and a Silverlight update, no luck. I tried to remove chrome , again, using the suggested tool. Chrome was not on the list, I selected not listed. It wanted the product code. A quick internet search did not find it. I removed chrome
    using the add and remove programs.,reinstalled chrome and ran the clean up tool, no malware. chrome now opens.. I have signed in and it is working. The second removal worked. thx

Dave____J, May 14, 2019
  3. Pollie Win User
    Facebook white screen?

I'm running Windows 10 and use Google Chrome browser. I have a McAfee security and I have just disactivated the firewll to see if this would resoleve the problem.
    My Facebook page is unresponsive and blank white.
    The red icin at the globe suggest I have 4 interaction, and 1 message, I clivkc on thse and nothing happens.
    I've turned off the system, reboot.... still no response.

any ideas?

Pollie, May 14, 2019
  4. Screen does not turn off when Facebook is open in Chrome

Turn off Facebook notifications in Windows 10

I had the same issue with getting Facebook notifications in the bottom right hand side of my screen and in the notification sidebar, where I get my news alerts and others. I solved the issue from some of the information I found in this thread of questions
    and answers. Someone has posted a picture of the screen within Facebook that you need to make the change to in order for these annoying notifications to stop. However, the person that posted that Facebook screen picture did not tell you how to get to that
    screen. And, if you are not Facebook navigation savvy, you may need some assistance getting there. Here is your help to turn those notification off!

1) Open Facebook in your browser.

2) In the top right-hand side of the screen, you will see a tiny drop-down arrow, click on it.

3) In the drop-down menu that appeared, click on Settings (about 3/4 of the way down the list).

4) On the left-hand side of the screen, there is a menu; find Notifications and click on it (about in the middle of the menu).

5) Now in the middle of the screen, is a list of Notification Settings, and in the list is Desktop and Mobile, click on it.

6) Now, depending on where you getting the notifications (desktop, mobile, or maybe both) click on the gray button that says Turn Off.

Viola! Problem solved in 6 not too difficult steps. But, if you, like me, didn't know where to go before now, this issue was a pain !! I too was trying to turn off the notification within Windows, so I was finding nothing but frustrating dead ends.

I sure hope this helped!

MaryBethel, May 14, 2019
Thema:

Screen does not turn off when Facebook is open in Chrome

1. Screen does not turn off when Facebook is open in Chrome - Similar Threads - Screen does turn

2. Screen does not actually turn off.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Screen does not actually turn off.: Hi there,Since a little while ago I've noticed that my screen does not actually turn off or go to standby anymore but just turns black, even though I have my settings set to turn off the screen, and my screen saver should be turned off.Added to that, it doesn't do so...
  3. Screen does not actually turn off.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen does not actually turn off.: Hi there,Since a little while ago I've noticed that my screen does not actually turn off or go to standby anymore but just turns black, even though I have my settings set to turn off the screen, and my screen saver should be turned off.Added to that, it doesn't do so...
  4. Screen does not actually turn off.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Computer keeps crashing when I open google chrome and videos off of chrome i.e. facebook or...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer keeps crashing when I open google chrome and videos off of chrome i.e. facebook or...: This is what I got off SDK:Microsoft R Windows Debugger Version 10.0.22000.194 AMD64 Copyright c Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. Loading Dump File [C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP] Kernel Bitmap Dump File: Kernel address space is available, User address space may not be...
  6. Computer keeps crashing when I open google chrome and videos off of chrome i.e. facebook or...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer keeps crashing when I open google chrome and videos off of chrome i.e. facebook or...: This is what I got off SDK:Microsoft R Windows Debugger Version 10.0.22000.194 AMD64 Copyright c Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. Loading Dump File [C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP] Kernel Bitmap Dump File: Kernel address space is available, User address space may not be...
  7. Computer keeps crashing when I open google chrome and videos off of chrome i.e. facebook or...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Screen does not turn off at lock screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Screen does not turn off at lock screen: Recently, when I come back to my computer after a matter of hours I find the screen still on, displaying the lock screen when it should be off. In Windows Settings > Power & Sleep > Screen, the settingWhen plugged in, turn off after is set to 15 minutes. How come my screen is...
  9. Chrome Opening Even Though Turned Off

in Windows 10 Customization
    Chrome Opening Even Though Turned Off: Chrome is continuing to open up even though it is not the default page. It is preventing me from being able to drill down on webpages. It is almost like Chrome has highjacked my computer. Help. I can't get work done until I get this fixed....
  10. One Chrome tab opens off screen

in Browsers and Email
    One Chrome tab opens off screen: So at work, I have 2 external monitors that are 1440p running off a laptop that's 1080p. I use Chrome to browse internal systems, one specific page just started opening with the top half of the window off the top of the external monitor. I've tried moving it and closing it,...