Windows 10: Screen doesn't auto turn off

Discus and support Screen doesn't auto turn off in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I have set the screen to automatically turn off after 15 minutes, but it does not. It stays on. I have heard some others have this problem and it is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Caleb_519, May 19, 2020.

1. Caleb_519 Win User

Screen doesn't auto turn off

I have set the screen to automatically turn off after 15 minutes, but it does not. It stays on.

I have heard some others have this problem and it is related to USB devices, and that setting the "USB Selective suspend setting" to disabled in advanced power settings fixes this problem, but it does not seem that that is working for me.

Are there any other solutions to this problem that anyone knows of without needed to unplug USB accessories?

Thanks.

:)

Caleb_519, May 19, 2020
  2. BetoLP Win User

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

Screen doesn't auto turn off [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, May 19, 2020
  3. Windows Spotlight doesn`t turn on

Hello

I was trying to turn on windows spotlight for my lock screen background in windows 10 v1709 build 16299.125, But it doesn`t turn on. I click on windows spotlight, It changes to spotlight, But not the preview picture, Then I come out from settings, again
    go in for lock screen background change, But the background is again on picture! I`ve done every thing to fix it, Nothing changed. Help me please

Amirali Salimi, May 19, 2020
  4. Screen doesn't auto turn off

the night light it doesn t turn on

i have problem with the night light it doesn t turn on what am i doing to??

[Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Devices & drivers / PC]

GEORGIOSMASOURAS69, May 19, 2020
Thema:

Screen doesn't auto turn off

1. Screen doesn't auto turn off - Similar Threads - Screen doesn't auto

2. How to turn off the Auto Lock Screen in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to turn off the Auto Lock Screen in Windows 11: Hi I've a problem with auto lock screen of my laptop. It locks when you're inactive for 3 Minutes. I did the following but still cant find the solution that works for me:I turned off the screen saver settings. I did set the power plan to balance, modified the plan settings...
  3. Screen wont auto turn off

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Screen wont auto turn off: I have set the screen to automatically turn off after 15 minutes, but it does not. It stays on. I have heard some others have this problem and it is related to USB devices, and that setting the "USB Selective suspend setting" to disabled in advanced power settings fixes...
  4. Turn off auto update.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Turn off auto update.: This last update took out my sound and some programs stopped working. Is there a way to turn off updates besides scheduling them a month out? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/turn-off-auto-update/3585d437-9248-4340-8356-49c85a747ff2
  5. Auto turn off network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Auto turn off network: Hi please help me why auto turn off my wifi My windows is update and all drivers but auto torn off wifi or when run steam and start the game my wifi is auto run off and my ping is time out...
  6. Turning on lock screen after turning off auto logon

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Turning on lock screen after turning off auto logon: Hi. Some time ago i posted question about turning off auto logon and now i have another problem. I and my family wants to see those spotlight pictures on lock screen (not blured like on sign in screen), but any guides doesn't work. After installing Group policy editor i don't...
  7. Screen auto turn off

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Screen auto turn off: Hello. I have just upgraded to Windows 10 and am having trouble with my screens powering off. They with turn off at the specified time but then will come right back on. Has anyone else had that problem?...
  8. Turn off auto scroll

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Turn off auto scroll: How do I turn off auto scroll on my HP laptop running windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/turn-off-auto-scroll/b414d54b-d266-4497-a9f2-e0f4432dfc8b
  9. Screen time doesn't turn everything off

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Screen time doesn't turn everything off: When screen time shuts off Windows on my son's computer, certain things remain on: Voice chat is still going even though the screen shows that Screen Time is over Oculus Rift allows both voice chat and visuals through the headset even while the monitor shows that Screen...
  10. Laptop screen backlight doesn't turn off

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop screen backlight doesn't turn off: Hi, I recently updated my DELL L502X to Windows 10 from Windows 7. All drivers have been installed and Device Manager shows no problem. However I'm seeing a weird issue. I'm using an external monitor (ASUS) through HDMI. I'm setting the display to show on external monitor...