Windows 10: Screen Doesn't fit my monitor (Used to fit)

Discus and support Screen Doesn't fit my monitor (Used to fit) in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, i resently played a game that didnt scale properly, so i wanted to change the resolution of windows through the settings. when i switch... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Bartelemusic, Oct 10, 2018.

1. Screen Doesn't fit my monitor (Used to fit)

Hello,

i resently played a game that didnt scale properly, so i wanted to change the resolution of windows through the settings.

when i switch resolution it always Barely doesn't fit (Screen gets cut off), after browsing through all the preffered resulution options (and failing to find one that fits) i decided to give up and switch back to the resolution i used before.

Now my problem is, is that the resolution i used to use (WIthout problem) Suddenly doesnt fit my screen anymore... (mini rage).

Restarting my computer doenst solve it.

Trying to fiddle around with my monitor settings didnt bear any fruit either, So here i am now, asking for help.

Here's some details that might be of use:

Videocard : Nvidia Gforce GTX 1050 ti (Using an HDMI Connection)

Display "CVTE TV" : Q.MEDIA (i dont think my monitor is the problem, since it worked before)

Desktop resolution : 1360 x 768 (Same as before the problem)

Resolution of the active signal : 1920 x 1080 (Same as before the problem)

:)

Bartelemusic, Oct 10, 2018
  2. Ryan Mon1 Win User

fit to screen windows 10

Hi Steve,

We need to ask you a few questions for us to better assist you. Please provide the following information:

• Are you trying to do a fit to screen for Windows apps or Wallpaper?
    • Can you tell us more about the issue?

In the meantime, if you have issue with fit to screen feature, you can check this

link
    and follow Pawan Dhondiyal's resolution provided on the thread.

We'll be waiting for your response.

Ryan Mon1, Oct 10, 2018
  3. How to make pic fit the lock screen?

Hi Paul,

In order to see your lockscreen wallpapers in full view, the image itself must match with the aspect ratio of your monitor. If the image resolution exceeded the dimension size of your monitor, it would unlikely fit on your monitor screen. You need to edit
    and resize your image until if fits on your screen. To do this, follow the steps below:

Step 1 - Reduce the image size by following these steps:

• Locate the image that you want to set as your lock screen wallpaper.
    • Right-click the image, then click Edit. I will launch
      Paint
    • Click Home.
    • Click Resize. Make sure that Maintain aspect ratio is checked.
    • Reduced the percentage size by changing the Horizontal and Vertical until you determine that it will fit on your lock screen.

Screen Doesn't fit my monitor (Used to fit) 9333d37e-25d4-43e3-a62c-969b51a7fb8e.png

Step 2 - Edit the image to fit in your lockscreen by perform the steps below:

• Press Windows + S to open Search Box.
    • Type Photos, then click it to launch this application.
    • Locate the image that you want to edit.
    • Click the image.
    • Press Ctrl + E to start editing.
    • Click Crop.
    • On the top right, click the Aspect ratio menu.
    • Click Lockscreen.
    • Click the check sign to apply changes.
    • Press Ctrl + S to save the image.

There is no shrink or expand image option available in Lockscreen settings since Windows 10 can already automatically resize the image to fit on your screen.

Let us know if the resolution above works for you.

Johann Eva, Oct 10, 2018
  4. lmaneke Win User

Screen Doesn't fit my monitor (Used to fit)

Screen not fitting to monitor properly

Does your monitor have an auto adjust button for fitting your resolution to the screen? Most have them in the monitors menu

lmaneke, Oct 10, 2018
Thema:

Screen Doesn't fit my monitor (Used to fit)

1. Screen Doesn't fit my monitor (Used to fit) - Similar Threads - Screen Doesn't fit

2. Display doesn't fit my screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Display doesn't fit my screen: I reset my PC, kept my files and reinstalled windows using cloud download. When my PC restarted, the display doesn't fit in my monitor anymore. I tried to adjust the display resolution and the scale to the recommended setting but it still doesn't fit. Can anyone give me...
  3. Display doesn't fit my screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Display doesn't fit my screen: I reset my PC, kept my files and reinstalled windows using cloud download. When my PC restarted, the display doesn't fit in my monitor anymore. I tried to adjust the display resolution and the scale to the recommended setting but it still doesn't fit. Can anyone give me...
  4. Display doesn't fit my screen

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. fitting screen to monitor screen

fitting screen to monitor screen: After the latest automatic windows update when I turned my computer back on again the next day, the screen was out of whack. Everything was there in the window but the window didn't size properly for the hp laptop monitor, It was cut off on the bottom so I couldn't see the...
  6. screen resolution not fitting with monitor

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    screen resolution not fitting with monitor: i'm sorry if this is a dumb question but i really am in need of help, basically the screen is smaller than the monitor with black borders, i tried to change the resolution from display settings but when when i change to something bigger tha 1600 X 900 the screen turns black...
  7. My display doesn't fit my monitor

My display doesn't fit my monitor: I changed a setting in my AMD Raedon setting and it widened my computer display to where I cannot click on or find anything because it is bigger than my TV monitor I had it perfect where it wasn't going off the screen but I screwed it all up again and my display settings in...
  8. Display fitting monitor

Display fitting monitor: Okay, so I'm a super tech person , but I know a thing or two. My problem is the recommended size or this monitor is slightly to big. If I lower it one size, looks like a squished version of the recommended size. I go to the lowest setting and it fits but is to small for my...
  9. *SOLVED* Screen Doesn't fit my monitor (Used to fit) *SOLVED*

*SOLVED* Screen Doesn't fit my monitor (Used to fit) *SOLVED*: EDIT: Going into my Nvidia graphics settings and going from and to the same resolution setting solved it Hello, i resently played a game that didnt scale properly, so i wanted to change the resolution of windows through the settings. when i switch resolution it always...
  10. Screen not fitting to monitor properly

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Screen not fitting to monitor properly: Im a new windows 10 user and i just have this one problem ever since it was installed last night. The screen is a little bit too large on my monitor. Everything around the edges of the screen such as the windows button, the X button on web browser, back button etc is all...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. screen doesnt fit on monitor

2. when your screen doesnt fit the monitor

3. screen doesnt fit lg monitor

4. screen is not fit windows 10,
  5. exploerer dosnt fit screen properly,
  6. screen doesnt fit in monitor,
  7. screen dosent fit monitor,
  8. the screen doesnt fit the monitor,
  9. fit window to monitor screen