Windows 10: Screen elements inaccessible to mouse-click

Discus and support Screen elements inaccessible to mouse-click in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hope somebody can help me with this, since I'm at my wits' end!Occasionally while I am using my computer, some on-screen elements will fail to respond... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Eve00000001, Jul 1, 2021.

1. Screen elements inaccessible to mouse-click

Hope somebody can help me with this, since I'm at my wits' end!Occasionally while I am using my computer, some on-screen elements will fail to respond to mouse clicks. This is not localised to one of my two screens. It occurs on multiple different application windows and even the task bar. While a window is unresponsive to mouse clicks, it is still navigable by keyboard, and other windows or screen elements may be responsive to the mouse. Sometimes it is one window or multiple at a time. If I navigate to a window with alt-tab and then click on it, the window "greys out" as if I had just clicke

:)

Eve00000001, Jul 1, 2021

2. Photo Shop Elements

Hi Rosas,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are facing the issues with Windows 10. I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

Please don’t worry. We will assist you.

The issue could occur if the program is incompatible with Windows 10 or program is corrupt.

Refer to the below steps and check if it helps.

I would suggest to uninstall and reinstall the Photo Shop Elements application in program compatibility mode on the Computer.

Step 1: suggest you to uninstall the Photo Shop Elements application.

1. Type "Control Panel" without the quotes in search box and click on it.

2. Click on Programs.

3. Click on Programs and Features.

4. Right click on Photo Shop Elements from the list and click on Uninstall.

Step 2: Try to run the Program Compatibility troubleshooter and try to install the
    Photo Shop Elements application. Check if it helps.

1. Type “Troubleshooting” without the quotes on search box next to
    Start Menu and click on Troubleshooting.

2. Click on View All the left panel of the screen and then click on
    Program Compatibility Troubleshooter.

3. Then click on Next and follow the instructions.

Reply to us with the information, so that we can assist you better.

Get back to us if you need any further assistance on Windows related issues and we will be glad to help.

Nyima Yonten, Jul 1, 2021
  3. Issues with the On screen keyboard and mouse pointer.

Hi Robert,

The issues with the mouse may arise due to driver conflicts and the issue related to the On Screen keyboard may be when the settings for the OSK are turned on.

For the On screen keyboard issue, I suggest you to follow the below steps.

• Type Ease of Access on the search bar.

• Choose Ease of Access and click on
      Use the Computer without a mouse or keyboard option.

• Check if the Type using a pointing device is turned on.

• You may uncheck that option if it is turned on.
    Also try the below steps:

• Press Windows key + R and type
      Services.msc

• Scroll down to find the "Touch Keyboard and Handwriting Panel Service".

• Disable the option by right clicking on it.
    For the Mouse issue:

I suggest you to run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

1. Type troubleshooting in the search bar.

2. Select Troubleshooting.

3. Select View all on the top left corner.

4. Click on Hardware
    and
    Devices.

5. Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.

6. Check if issue persists.

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Jul 1, 2021
  4. Sasqui Win User

Screen elements inaccessible to mouse-click

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Jul 1, 2021
Thema:

Screen elements inaccessible to mouse-click

1. Screen elements inaccessible to mouse-click - Similar Threads - Screen elements inaccessible

2. Mouse click only click! does not work on login screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse click only click! does not work on login screen: Hello,I have a PC where mouse clicks do not work on the login screen. The mouse pointer is there, it moves, and the things I move it over react to it background color. When I click the mouse, however, nothing happens. This affects everything on the login screen, such as the...
  3. Mouse click only click! does not work on login screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse click only click! does not work on login screen: Hello,I have a PC where mouse clicks do not work on the login screen. The mouse pointer is there, it moves, and the things I move it over react to it background color. When I click the mouse, however, nothing happens. This affects everything on the login screen, such as the...
  4. Windows 11 Taskbar and other UI elements do not respond to mouse clicks.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Taskbar and other UI elements do not respond to mouse clicks.: I fresh installed Windows 11 about 48 hours ago. After updates and other software installations the taskbar became unclickable/usable. The steps laid out in How to Fix Windows 11 Taskbar Not Working? Taskbar Not Showing Issue - YouTube fix the taskbar twice. However after a...
  5. Windows 11 Taskbar and other UI elements do not respond to mouse clicks.

Windows 11 Taskbar and other UI elements do not respond to mouse clicks.: I fresh installed Windows 11 about 48 hours ago. After updates and other software installations the taskbar became unclickable/usable. The steps laid out in How to Fix Windows 11 Taskbar Not Working? Taskbar Not Showing Issue - YouTube fix the taskbar twice. However after a...
  6. Windows OS Randomly Can't Click Elements

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows OS Randomly Can't Click Elements: This is an issue that has been going on for several months and has only gotten worse as times gone on. For some reason, windows will not register my clicks to certain elements of the UI randomly. It most often shows up as being unable to interact with the taskbar, or the...
  7. Windows OS Randomly Can't Click Elements

Windows OS Randomly Can't Click Elements: This is an issue that has been going on for several months and has only gotten worse as times gone on. For some reason, windows will not register my clicks to certain elements of the UI randomly. It most often shows up as being unable to interact with the taskbar, or the...
  8. Windows OS Randomly Can't Click Elements

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. Screen pulls to last click - Scrolls automatically up to previous element

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screen pulls to last click - Scrolls automatically up to previous element: When I am scrolling down a page with the down arrow key-this is what I always use to scroll, and I click on anything at all and then press the down arrow key again to keep scrolling, the screen automatically pulls back to the spot that I last clicked. I have to scroll down...
  10. Mouse right click contols: inspect element

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mouse right click contols: inspect element: Whenever I press the right click on my mouse only three options come up: paste, read aloud and select all. On my old laptop when I right clicked, inspect element also used to come up. Please can someone tell me how to turn on the inspect element function....