Windows 10: Screen feed cuts off on TV while watching movies on YouTube or other streaming services

Discus and support Screen feed cuts off on TV while watching movies on YouTube or other streaming services in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; While I try to watch a movie on Disney+, YouTube, or any other streaming service, my TV's screen feed cuts off with a "No Signal" screen, yet I can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by TheOldyMinecart, Feb 17, 2020.

1. Screen feed cuts off on TV while watching movies on YouTube or other streaming services

While I try to watch a movie on Disney+, YouTube, or any other streaming service, my TV's screen feed cuts off with a "No Signal" screen, yet I can still hear audio coming from the speakers. How do I fix this?! It's highly annoying.

I am using a HiSense + Roku TV with 4K support.

:)

TheOldyMinecart, Feb 17, 2020
  2. david-e Win User

Stream iTunes movie rentals to TV

Apart from buying Apple TV, what is the best way to show on my TV an iTunes movie rented and downloaded onto my PC?

I recently moved. In my old place, the PC and TV were in the same room, and I had them connected by a HDMI cable. The TV showed up as a second monitor. And when I wanted to watch movies, I would start iTunes to rent and play the movie with the TV selected
    as the monitor.

But now the TV is not in the same room as my PC, and it seems that iTunes DRM does not allow casting/streaming to the TV. (I can stream other non-DRM movies to my TV.)

What are my options for watching iTunes movie rentals on my TV?

david-e, Feb 17, 2020
  3. Can't download the movie I purchased for rental.

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below to download rented movies offline and check if that helps.

Steps:

1. Select the movie you want to rent and click on
      rent option
    2. Login using Microsoft account.
    3. Once you have signed in, you will have two option
      to stream
      or download movies to this device to watch offline.
    4. Select download movies to this device to watch offline and click on next.
    5. After Choosing the Next option and you will be asked for the payment option.
    6. Once the payment it done, open Movies & TV application to download the movie.

You will be able to watch the movie offline from
    Movies and TV application. When you rent, the viewing period is 14 days from the time of your order or 24-48 hours from the time you start to watch (depending on the content you select), whichever comes first.

If you still facing issues downloading the movies after following the above steps. I suggest you to follow the troubleshooting steps mentioned below, to fix issues with Microsoft store.

Steps:

1. Open store application on your pc.
      2. Click on the ellipses on right top corner of the screen.
      3. Logout and login back.

Hope it helps.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Feb 17, 2020
  4. Screen feed cuts off on TV while watching movies on YouTube or other streaming services

Movies & TV app stream to XBox One

Hello,

Thank you for posting your concern here in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 Family. I would be happy to assist you.

From the description provided, I understand that the cast button functionality is not working in Movies and TV App.

As an initial recommendation, I would suggest you to run the App Troubleshooter for Windows 10 and check if it helps.

Link:
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

However, if the above recommendation does not help, I would suggest you to consider reinstalling the
    Movies & TV App again.

Steps to uninstall Movies & TV
    App

• Press Windows key and type Powershell
      in search, right click on it and Open as administrator .

• Type the following command in Powershell and hit enter:
    get-appxpackage *Microsoft.ZuneVideo* | remove-appxpackage

Install Movies & TV
    App from Microsoft Store

Link: Get Movies & TV - Microsoft Store

Kindly keep us posted on the status of the issue. if it still persists, feel free to write to us and we would be glad to help you further.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Feb 17, 2020
Thema:

Screen feed cuts off on TV while watching movies on YouTube or other streaming services

1. Screen feed cuts off on TV while watching movies on YouTube or other streaming services - Similar Threads - Screen feed cuts

2. Is there a way to watch "Microsoft Movies and TV" TV shows on mobile?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a way to watch "Microsoft Movies and TV" TV shows on mobile?: I was wanting to rewatch a show I had bought on my Microsoft account and wanted to see if I could watch or download it on my phone. I saw the "Movies Anywhere" app connected to your Microsoft account but it only seems to transfer your movies and no TV shows.Is there any way...
  3. Is there a way to watch "Microsoft Movies and TV" TV shows on mobile?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there a way to watch "Microsoft Movies and TV" TV shows on mobile?: I was wanting to rewatch a show I had bought on my Microsoft account and wanted to see if I could watch or download it on my phone. I saw the "Movies Anywhere" app connected to your Microsoft account but it only seems to transfer your movies and no TV shows.Is there any way...
  4. Random black screen while watching YouTube

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random black screen while watching YouTube: Hello. I was watching LTT Linus tech tips and out of nowhere, a random black color took over my screen. Audio was still playing, but any button presses and mouse clicks didn't work. I held my power button for about 15 seconds woah, too long... I've had this before with RAM...
  5. Random black screen while watching YouTube

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random black screen while watching YouTube: Hello. I was watching LTT Linus tech tips and out of nowhere, a random black color took over my screen. Audio was still playing, but any button presses and mouse clicks didn't work. I held my power button for about 15 seconds woah, too long... I've had this before with RAM...
  6. Windows Blue Screen while watching YouTube video

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Blue Screen while watching YouTube video: I was watching a YouTube video on Chrome on my computer, when the audio froze and my computer blue screened shortly after. But the video portion of the screen was still there, just a little darker, so it covered the entire blue screen message, and I wasn't able to make out...
  7. Monitor shuts off randomly while watching Youtube

Monitor shuts off randomly while watching Youtube: Hi, So Ive had this issue for a while. I have been watching videos on youtube only to then have my monitor completely shut off, i still hear the sounds playing then it comes back after a few seconds. I was lucky enough to get a 3080 and when i first got it i had this on...
  8. How to Watch/Stream Movies & TV Purchased Shows on Actual TV

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to Watch/Stream Movies & TV Purchased Shows on Actual TV: Previously before we moved i was able to hookup at the time a HDMI cable from my old video card to the TV, and watch the shows that way, but now Room setup is different and TV isn't as close to PC, and plus now i use the HDMI connection with newer monitor. Is there a...
  9. Screen goes black seconds into streaming video from ANY service (TV on demand, Youtube,...

Screen goes black seconds into streaming video from ANY service (TV on demand, Youtube,...: Every time i watch a video now from any streaming service, the screen goes black. This happens whether it is full screen or not. It is fine until the time/play bar at the bottom of the video disappears. Once that goes away, which is usually a few seconds into viewing, the...
  10. BSOD while watching streams

BSOD while watching streams: Greetings, So recently, I've noticed some minor freezes while watching streams, it only happens once, then it stops. Unfortunately, today, my computer completely froze and I got a BSOD error, with the following message: "VIDEO_MEMORY_MANAGEMENT_INTERNAL" So I went...