Windows 10: Screen Flashes Black and makes sound like something is disconnecting and reconnection.

Discus and support Screen Flashes Black and makes sound like something is disconnecting and reconnection. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, Recently I installed new ram and began having this problem. I set the ram to 3600 in the bios and the computer wouldnt start, so... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Tengin, Jan 17, 2021.

1. Tengin Win User

Screen Flashes Black and makes sound like something is disconnecting and reconnection.

Hello,

Recently I installed new ram and began having this problem. I set the ram to 3600 in the bios and the computer wouldnt start, so I put it back to 2666 and was able to get it to run. Now I am having this problem where the screen just flashes black for a second and makes the noise.

Specs are-

• BLUETOOTH: None
    • CABLE: None
    • CAS: LIAN LI PC-O11 Dynamic ATX Mid-Tower Dual chamber Gaming Case w/ USB 3.1 Type-C, Tempered glass on the front & side Black Color [-3]
    • CASUPGRADE: None
    • CC: None
    • CD: None
    • COOLANT: None
    • CPU: Intel® Core™ Processor i9-9900K 3.60GHZ 16MB Intel Smart Cache LGA1151
    • CS_FAN: Default case fans
    • ENGRAVING: None
    • EVGA_POWER: None
    • FA_HDD: None
    • FAN: CyberpowerPC MasterLiquid Lite 120mm ARGB CPU Liquid Cooler with Dual Chamber Pump & Copper Cold Plate Single Standard 120MM Fan
    • FLASHMEDIA: None
    • HDD: 512GB Intel 660P M.2 NVME SSD + 3TB SATA III Hard Drive Combo Combo Drive
    • HDD2: None
    • HEADSET: None
    • INSTRUCTION: None
    • IUSB: Built-in USB 2.0 Ports
    • KEYBOARD: CyberpowerPC Multimedia USB Gaming Keyboard
    • MEMORY: Corsair 32GB 16GBx2 DDR4/3600MHz
    • MICROPHONE: None
    • MONITOR: None
    • MOPAD: None
    • MOTHERBOARD: ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 4 -CB ATX w/ 802.11ac Wi-Fi, ARGB, USB 3.1, 2 PCIe x16, 3 PCIe x1, 6 SATA3, 2 M.2 SATA/PCIe
    • MOUSE: CyberpowerPC Standard 4000 DPI with Weight System Optical Gaming Mouse
    • NETWORK: Onboard Gigabit LAN Network
    • OVERCLOCK: No Overclocking
    • POWERSUPPLY: 800 Watts - Standard 80 Plus Gold Certified Power Supply
    • PRO_WIRING: None
    • PROJECTOR: None
    • PROMOSALE1: CYBERPOWERPC Skorpion K2 RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard [+5]
    • RUSH: Standard processing time: ship within 5 to 10 Business Days
    • SERVICE: 3 Years FREE Service Plan INCLUDES LABOR AND LIFETIME TECHNICAL SUPPORT
    • SLI_BRIDGE: None
    • SOUND: HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD 7.1 AUDIO
    • SPEAKERS: None
    • USBHD: None
    • USBX: None
    • VIDEO: GeForce® RTX 2080 Ti 11GB GDDR6 Turing [VR Ready] Single Card
    • VIVE_HEADSET: None
    • WARRANTY: STANDARD WARRANTY: 1 Year Parts WARRANTY
    • WNC: None
    • WTV: None

Any ideas or suggestions to fix this would be greatly appreciated.

:)

Tengin, Jan 17, 2021

2. Randomly makes "USB 'in and 'out'" sounds, screen flashes black

- Firstly my laptop was making the USB in and out sounds along with black screen flashes and also screen resolution changes.

- So I decided it was time to reset my laptop completely in the hope of fixing this problem.

- Now, after my laptop finished resetting, another problem has arisen, a red cross appeared on my speaker logo on taskbar and no sound ! So I fixed it following these steps (for reference)

- Now after this, yes, I have sound, but my sound quality has drastically decreased, almost like 'stock' sound. Unsure what to do now with this !!

- Further to this whilst avast free antivirus was installing (doubt that matters) my original "USB in and out sound" problem had happened again, with black screen flashes and screen resolution changes.

- As I had been in such a pickle I decided to come here as I really need an expert opinion.

My laptop is a HP Envy
    Processor: AMD A10-5750M APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics 2.50GHz
    Ram: 8gb

AN IMPORTANT NOTE: I upgraded to windows 10 as part of the free upgrade a while back. I noticed that the red cross speaker problem has been linked to this? Unsure for me.

Only things Ive got back on my laptop was google chrome (logged in again with all extenstions and bookmarks..etc).
    Steam. Football manager 2017. and yes avast.

Any help greatly appreciated and thank you in advance.

GiorgioScrocca, Jan 17, 2021
  3. Screen flashing black and playing disconnect sound

i have had this computer for about 4. Months and it has been great. But today suddenly the screnn started flashing black about every second, it would reset my mouse to the middle of the screen, and it eould plsy the device disconnected sound.

i have tryed troubleshooting and nothing has worked

i cant uninstall the usb drivers because my mouse resets and so does the window every second

please help

computer specks

Gigabyte p57x v7

geforce gtx 1070

i7-7700hq

windows 10

8gx2 storage

Calum Drake, Jan 17, 2021
  4. Screen Flashes Black and makes sound like something is disconnecting and reconnection.

Flash Drive Constantly Disconnecting/Reconnecting Windows 10

Hi Siddhartha,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand how difficult it could be when devices do not work the way they supposed to and we truly appreciate the time and effort that you have taken to work on this issue. However, as you have mentioned that USB 3.0 flash drive is not being detected
    in USB 3.0 ports but working in USB 2.0, it might be hardware issue as well. We would suggest you to follow steps mentioned below and check if the issue persists.

1. Connect the Flash drive.
    2. Open Device Manager by searching for it in search bar.
    3. Locate and expand Universal Serial Bus controllers.
    4. Right click on USB Root Hub 3.0 and select
      Uninstall.
    5. Make sure to check the box behind Delete the driver software for this device in the pop-up dialog box.
    6. Once the uninstallation is completed, disconnect the drive and reconnect after few seconds.

We would also suggest you to update chipset driver from

Support for Inspiron 13 5379
    and check.

Hope it helps.

Manjunath_H, Jan 17, 2021
Thema:

Screen Flashes Black and makes sound like something is disconnecting and reconnection.

1. Screen Flashes Black and makes sound like something is disconnecting and reconnection. - Similar Threads - Screen Flashes Black

2. why my computer freeze, black screen, and a window sound that disconnect something please help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why my computer freeze, black screen, and a window sound that disconnect something please help: freeze, black screen and a window sound that disconnect something? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-my-computer-freeze-black-screen-and-a-window/d2002e29-675b-417f-a086-1e890e21c748
  3. why my computer freeze, black screen, and a window sound that disconnect something please help

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why my computer freeze, black screen, and a window sound that disconnect something please help: freeze, black screen and a window sound that disconnect something? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-my-computer-freeze-black-screen-and-a-window/d2002e29-675b-417f-a086-1e890e21c748
  4. PC freezing with usb disconnect and reconnect sound

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC freezing with usb disconnect and reconnect sound: Recently my pc has been freezing and stuttering along with the usb disconnect and reconnect sound. I checked my display settings and noticed that a ghost monitor connects to the pc with a lower resolution. I also checked device manager and saw that whenever this problem...
  5. PC freezing with usb disconnect and reconnect sound

PC freezing with usb disconnect and reconnect sound: Recently my pc has been freezing and stuttering along with the usb disconnect and reconnect sound. I checked my display settings and noticed that a ghost monitor connects to the pc with a lower resolution. I also checked device manager and saw that whenever this problem...
  6. “Looks like something happened. Let’s try reconnecting.”

in Windows 10 Gaming
    “Looks like something happened. Let’s try reconnecting.”: Hi,It all started with a trouble shooting notice while turning on my computer, this time I decided to see what could be done. Foolishly I did no research and just clicked random things now I am stuck on a blue rectangle loading screen that says, “Looks like something...
  7. “Looks like something happened. Let’s try reconnecting.”

“Looks like something happened. Let’s try reconnecting.”: Hi,It all started with a trouble shooting notice while turning on my computer, this time I decided to see what could be done. Foolishly I did no research and just clicked random things now I am stuck on a blue rectangle loading screen that says, “Looks like something...
  8. PC makes USB connect/disconnect sound and monitor flashes on and off.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    PC makes USB connect/disconnect sound and monitor flashes on and off.: I recently connected a Samsung TV to use as a separate monitor (NU6900 model) other then my dell monitor (S2716DGR model) and now every now and then my PC will make the USB connect/disconnect noise and flicker off and on again. I have tried removing devices in device manager...
  9. Flash Drive repeatedly disconnecting and reconnecting!!!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Flash Drive repeatedly disconnecting and reconnecting!!!: Dear community, I have a 32 GB SanDisk Ultra Flair USB 3.0 flash drive and am using a Dell Inspiron 5379 with Windows 10 and experience an issue that has newly and surprisingly cropped up. I was using my flash drive as usual (as I have been doing for the past few...
  10. Randomly makes "USB 'in and 'out'" sounds, screen flashes black

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Randomly makes "USB 'in and 'out'" sounds, screen flashes black: - Firstly my laptop was making the USB in and out sounds along with black screen flashes and also screen resolution changes. - So I decided it was time to reset my laptop completely in the hope of fixing this problem. - Now, after my laptop finished resetting, another...